CanJam SoCal 2017 (April 8-9, 2017) - Logistics, Tips, etc.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 22, 2017 at 5:37 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Zachik

Member of the Trade: xMEMS
...is also a Hardcore Head-Fi'er.
Watercooler Travel Team
I am starting this new thread, in order to provide a space in which people can:
- Hook up with fellow head-fi-ers for carpooling to CanJam SoCal 2017
- Find buddies to share an Air bnb apartment with
- Arrange for group dinners (Friday night before CanJam starts, Sat. or Sun. night after the meet, etc.)
- Local can (and are encouraged to) share some tips on: where to stay where to eat, etc.

You get the point - a parallel thread to avoid spamming the main thread with the above...  
wink.gif

BTW, I am still on the fence between flying or driving (from San Jose, CA).
Also, I do not have a hotel or Air bnb reservation, yet.  
I did buy the whole weekend ticket (for $20), so I am committed!  
beyersmile.png

This thread is also the perfect place for people to keep us all posted on how many days until their check-in...
Yes, I am talking to you, Bob.  
biggrin.gif
  Hope you're coming and looking forward to meet with you again!!  
beerchug.gif

Feb 4, 2017 at 11:45 AM Post #3 of 5
I was hoping for more activity here... maybe too soon?!

I am now debating a cheap flight instead of driving 5-6 hours each way.  
Any recommendation whether it's going to be much better to fly in-out to-from Burbank or LAX?
Distance from downtown seems almost the same.  Burbank is somewhat cheaper for me.

Also, anyone planning on arriving 8-9am on Apr. 8 to either airport, and can hook up for carpooling to downtown?
I am leaning towards hotel in the Glendale area.  MUCH cheaper than downtown area, and "commute" on a weekend should not be too bad, I think.  Again - any comments from locals?  :)

Feb 5, 2017 at 12:36 PM Post #5 of 5
Booked my flights!  
biggrin.gif

I am arriving to Burbank airport 10:20am on Apr. 8.  Figured will get to the show straight from airport 11:00-11:30 or so.  Still good 6+ hours, and going to be there on 2nd day as well, so no reason to fly at 5am...

Now, hoping to find someone to carpool with from airport to the show.  I do not intend to rent a car - share a taxi or Uber is the plan!  Let me know...

Also, have not booked hotel, yet.  Leaning towards a hotel in Glendale - MUCH cheaper than downtown, even taking taxi / Uber into account.  Thoughts / suggestions?

Gonna be my 2nd CanJam, and I am excited!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back