CanJam SoCal 2016 Impressions Thread (March 19-20, 2016)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 23, 2016 at 6:29 AM Post #377 of 658
Will it have a similar size as DAP AK100 mk1 
Size (H × W × D): H79 × W59.2 × D14.4 (mm).
And when is the release date?

Quote:

The final version of the Liquid Spark will be about 4mm thinner and about 1cm shorter and just about the same width, with rounded corners. So hopefully that will work better with your cargo shorts. :)

Mar 23, 2016 at 8:00 AM Post #380 of 658
The C is also the best looking. 
wink_face.gif

Mar 23, 2016 at 10:13 AM Post #382 of 658

I might recommend a Raspberry Pi solution.  It meets your requirements and it's dirt cheap compared to something like the new Auralic (which wasn't there).

Thanks for the advice!  I will look into it, especially since it looks to be a lot cheaper solution than a dedicated/custom server/player.
Cheers and Thanks!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Mar 23, 2016 at 10:19 AM Post #383 of 658
SHaG Update
Here is a list of SHaG winners that were not present to collect their prizes on Sunday afternoon. We'll be contacting the exhibitors shortly with your email addresses so shipping arrangements can be made. Congrats to all!

SHaGPrizeWINNER
1MoreDual Driver HeadphonesBryant R
CavalliLiquid CarbonPeter T
Darin Fong AudioOut of Your Head Software, all presetsSteve H
Final AudioFI-BA-SSHailey P
JDS LabsThe ElementJoe C
Meze HeadphonesMeze 99 ClassicsChris H
Mr SpeakersAlpha DogsBradley S
NobleK10U Black and Rose GoldBryant L
Puro Sound LabsBT-5200Houng P
 BT-2200Brian F
RBH SoundEP-3 In-Ear HeadphonesJosh D
RHAT20i BlackScot A
RivaSKai-Yun H
Schiit AudioBifrost MultibitEric B
The Source AVKimber Kable AxiosRachel K
Woo AudioHeadphone StandBrad L
TactionCertificate for KANNON headphoneWang K

Mar 23, 2016 at 10:21 AM Post #384 of 658
  SHaG Update
Here is a list of SHaG winners that were not present to collect their prizes on Sunday afternoon. We'll be contacting the exhibitors shortly with your email addresses so shipping arrangements can be made. Congrats to all!

SHaGPrizeWINNER
JDS LabsThe ElementJoe C
 BT-2200Brian F
RHAT20i BlackScot A
RivaSKai-Yun H

Eric B, yet that sadly is not ME. Hey that rhymed.

Mar 23, 2016 at 10:22 AM Post #385 of 658
  SHaG Update

SHaGPrizeWINNER
JDS LabsThe ElementJoe C
 BT-2200Brian F
RHAT20i BlackScot A
RivaSKai-Yun H

I MIGHT be the Brian F on that list... if so SWEET!  :)

Mar 23, 2016 at 10:47 AM Post #386 of 658

Bizarrely... I thought the Ether C was the best out of Mr. Speakers offerings.  

I thought the e-stat sounded good but needed more work.  They have a lot of potential and I'm really excited to hear it once it's dialed in a bit more.  

Mar 23, 2016 at 11:59 AM Post #387 of 658
Hi everybody!  
smile.gif

I hope everyone had a good time at CanJam SoCal 2016.  As you guys probably know, this was the first independent CanJam that @third_eye and I worked on, so it will always have a special place in my heart.  I'm thrilled to see that every one had such a good time.  Thanks to Team CanJam!
beerchug.gif

And for everybody that came by to spend time with us, either in the Cavalli/MrSpeakers room, or in our Tungsten room upstairs - thank you so much!  I know how precious listening time can be.  Combined between the two days of the show, there are only 17 hours of listening time.  That any of you chose to spend any of it with us was simply awesome, and we appreciate it!

I'll be making one of my epic-length quoted posts soon, but I just wanted to say thanks first and foremost.  I hope that the music coming out of our gear made you happy.  And I can't wait to see all of you again next year (or maybe even sooner than that)!

Mar 23, 2016 at 12:33 PM Post #389 of 658
  Did anyone prefer the Mr. Speakers Ether to their new electrostatic prototype?

Thanks,
Bugs

I adore my Ether and the electrostatic was a different beast. I'm holding judgement until I can hear a production version, but the combination of its current voicing and the potential it still has left my jaw agape.

Mar 23, 2016 at 12:36 PM Post #390 of 658
Small tid bit about the noise level people were talking about earlier. When I was at the Rha table we had one gentlemen testing out the T20i and whipped a pair of earmuffs! He had some serious dedication to hear the iems lol!

That was me, lol XD

Of course this most likely couldn't be applied to over ear open back cans and can pretty much only be used for iems which certainly aren't everybody's cup of tea.
Ya, I wouldn't have been able to use my muffs over a pair of open-backed iems as well, that would actually alter their sound a bit.
In my eyes and ears CanJam is fantastic for getting a taste of new gear I wouldn't expect it to give a fully accurate representation of a pair of cans with the passive noise level. The individual hotel rooms were fantastic for exhibitors who made those arrangements but it certainly wouldn't expect it to be feasible to ask all vendors to shell out the cost for individual hotel rooms or even to pass on the cost to individuals. THE Show Newport has a majority of exhibitors in rooms to show off their speakers but that certainly is a different case and does make me feel rather disconnected when I generally have to move room to room. CanJam did have a number of vendors in a room but it was easy to move table to table demoing gear in my experience.
I did enjoy the fact that their were many individually shared room, it gave a sense of intimacy when listening to something. It was also good in the regard that we didn't have to noise from everything being put in one show room.

I believe for the San Fran meet in July in the wikia office there is sound proof booths or there are plans to grab some. Soundproof booths would be nice for all meets and shows but is honestly unrealistic for our events.
Soundproof booths sound (or lack thereof :wink: )like a great idea. Don't think that many hotels even have these, or if they did then not many of them. So I agree that it would be unrealistic for CanJam events. Would definitely love seeing this at the Summer San Fran Meet though.

Events can be attend for strictly listening to cans, for meeting and socializing, etc etc and I think that is the beauty of CanJam was to meet up with old friends and make new friends. I maybe hit up 10 tables during my time in between the Rha table and the registration table and it was honestly my favorite headphone event by far! 
Which one was your favorite headphone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back