CanJam Singapore 2023 (March 25-26, 2023)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 14, 2023 at 11:43 PM Post #106 of 261
Excited to finally meet @yaps66 @Sifo @Deezel177!
F0BE16DA-C365-4568-98FA-B17F7578F2AE.gif

Mar 15, 2023 at 12:58 AM Post #107 of 261
Excited to finally meet @yaps66 @Sifo @Deezel177!
Likewise! It would be great to finally interact in person!

How come these people get name tags?

Also how come in SG you already see those name tags? Did SG alrdy happen?
This initiative started at CanJam SoCal last year.

It is the voluntary initiative of @HiFiHawaii808 (and largely at his cost though most of us will likely repay him in cash or in kind) and is really an expression of our symbolic "membership" and active participation in the Watercooler Thread. It is worn with pride by those of us who have and will be attending CanJam events and identifies us as not just members, but friends who share the same audiophile ethos in terms of ideals and aspirations that is mostly exemplified and lived out in the Watercooler Thread.

Shoutout to @Rockwell75 who is the originator of the thread and the person who espouses all these ideals in not only living it out though his contributions within and without the thread but in his administration of the same.

Mar 15, 2023 at 4:34 AM Post #108 of 261

It is the voluntary initiative of @HiFiHawaii808 (and largely at his cost though most of us will likely repay him in cash or in kind) and is really an expression of our symbolic "membership" and active participation in the Watercooler Thread. It is worn with pride by those of us who have and will be attending CanJam events and identifies us as not just members, but friends who share the same audiophile ethos in terms of ideals and aspirations that is mostly exemplified and lived out in the Watercooler Thread.

Shoutout to @Rockwell75 who is the originator of the thread and the person who espouses all these ideals in not only living it out though his contributions within and without the thread but in his administration of the same.

Despite my sporadic visits to the Watercooler, I was made an honorary member at CanJam NYC 2023 last month! 🙂

8A2A61CA-45CF-4C9B-BC8A-23E9060FC3B1.jpeg

Mar 15, 2023 at 4:44 AM Post #110 of 261

Exactly this.

Mar 15, 2023 at 4:45 AM Post #111 of 261
Mar 15, 2023 at 10:18 AM Post #112 of 261

Thanks for shoutout my friend! Makes up for the pangs of sadness I'm feeling at not being able to attend.

Mar 15, 2023 at 10:40 AM Post #113 of 261
Thanks for shoutout my friend! Makes up for the pangs of sadness I'm feeling at not being able to attend.
Most welcome! We will meet some day!

Mar 15, 2023 at 12:47 PM Post #114 of 261
With the show coming up, What gear is everyone most excited to trying out? For me it’s mostly about cable pairings. I’m looking forward to see why cables go good and pair well with Odyssey. I’m also looking forward to trying Storm, singularity and possibly the YH-5000 if it’s at SG (Audio 46 had it in NYC)

Mar 15, 2023 at 12:54 PM Post #116 of 261
With the show coming up, What gear is everyone most excited to trying out? For me it’s mostly about cable pairings. I’m looking forward to see why cables go good and pair well with Odyssey. I’m also looking forward to trying Storm, singularity and possibly the YH-5000 if it’s at SG (Audio 46 had it in NYC)
I will focus on IEMs only. Demoing cables and DAPs is difficult enough in a shop if it's not totally quiet for me, so if I do it at a very noisy show I wouldn't trust my own notes.

Phönix LE, Storm, DC Ti, Ronin, Mentor, I think. If Red Halo, Traillii Ti, or TOTL Obravo or Rosenkranz IEMs would show up and the length of the cue is bearable...

drftr

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2023 at 5:06 PM Post #117 of 261
For everybody traveling to Singapore for the first time, this video does a great job at explaining the brilliance of Singapore as a city (while taking a fat dump on my hometown, Los Angeles). It's not a travel video per se, but still many a good insight therein.

For my Singaporean friends, enjoy it, for you have much to be proud of! :relaxed:

With the show coming up, What gear is everyone most excited to trying out?

😢 I won't actually be there... But I can still pretend by chiming in with impressions, on the gear that I have here for the preview video. 😄

Mar 16, 2023 at 12:46 AM Post #120 of 261
For everybody traveling to Singapore for the first time, this video does a great job at explaining the brilliance of Singapore as a city (while taking a fat dump on my hometown, Los Angeles). It's not a travel video per se, but still many a good insight therein.

For my Singaporean friends, enjoy it, for you have much to be proud of! :relaxed:

😢 I won't actually be there... But I can still pretend by chiming in with impressions, on the gear that I have here for the preview video. 😄

Thanks @warrenpchi for this great highlight! What Singapore has achieved is truly amazing. Many Singaporeans forget how good they have it with some choosing to complain about everything! It is ever changing and every time I return, I feel like a tourist in my own home country!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back