CanJam Singapore 2022 Impressions Thread
Apr 4, 2022 at 4:21 AM Post #91 of 133
I actually tried it on Ferrum Orr too. And i liked it on Cavalli more.
Im not much of a desktop person. So i have yet to hear some TOTL tube amps. Maybe that would be a push towards warmth i would like.

And no i am not expecting them to be 1266. That beast is something i will hardly forget. Even if i struggled to get a decent clamp. It was a best thing i heard from HP world by a long shot. In terms of tuning. Abyss just nailed it.
Susvara sounds great on my Ampsandsound Rockwell. But, that tube amp is more mids focused. So, the bass doesn't hit as hard as with the Orr. But, it does sound better overall.

I am actually listening to Utopia right now on Orr and as I was listening, I forgot it was Utopia and thought it was Susvara. I think the Orr has more synergy with Utopia than Susvara. The timbre is liquid and non-metallic and I don't notice the narrower sound stage.

Apr 4, 2022 at 11:08 AM Post #92 of 133
I love the electrostat transient speeds but they are usually too bass light. Hope CRBN remedies to an extent.
From the limited time I spend with CRBN @ CanJam SoCal and CanJam NYC - I believe you'll be very satisfied with the bass, when you audition them @ CanJam London!!

Apr 4, 2022 at 3:17 PM Post #93 of 133
Did anyone had the chance to demo the Subtonic STORM? I've read the impressions from @Precogvision which looked rather impressed with this IEM. It's a small company from Singapore and the units are assembled by Symphonium Audio. It's a hybrid 7BA/2EST. Not sure about the price tag but maybe expensive as Elysian Acoustic Labs.

Apr 4, 2022 at 5:28 PM Post #94 of 133
Did anyone had the chance to demo the Subtonic STORM? I've read the impressions from @Precogvision which looked rather impressed with this IEM. It's a small company from Singapore and the units are assembled by Symphonium Audio. It's a hybrid 7BA/2EST. Not sure about the price tag but maybe expensive as Elysian Acoustic Labs.
Oh so it debuted In this canjam?

Apr 4, 2022 at 5:47 PM Post #95 of 133
You should be awarded a Canjam gold star for expectation management. :relaxed:

:thinking: I can probably make that happen!

as always, these are my personal thoughts and opinions. hope no one gets offended by what I've written. have a great weekend, everyone!

Thanks for sharing them! :relaxed:

Please some one give us some impressions about those Noble IEMs. I'm looking forward to hearing some opinions about the DXII model. Just love the look

I left a few brief impressions in the preview video, but I believe @ejong7 got a good audition in at the show and liked it quite a bit.

Apr 4, 2022 at 5:48 PM Post #96 of 133
Oh so it debuted In this canjam?
It think it was a meet-up placed at the same time at Zeppelin & Co store, not CanJam SG. Who attended the event was not allowed to take pictures. I guess this set will be expensive, the bundled cable alone is 1,599.00 USD.

Apr 4, 2022 at 7:18 PM Post #97 of 133
It think it was a meet-up placed at the same time at Zeppelin & Co store, not CanJam SG. Who attended the event was not allowed to take pictures. I guess this set will be expensive, the bundled cable alone is 1,599.00 USD.
Yeh i i know about it. Apparently they are shooting right up there towards trailli and Jewel.. We will see...

Apr 4, 2022 at 9:29 PM Post #98 of 133
Please some one give us some impressions about those Noble IEMs. I'm looking forward to hearing some opinions about the DXII model. Just love the look
Hi Austin. Personally spent some time with the Jade, Kadence, D12 and Kublai Khan. D12 was my favourite among the few, overall W shaped signature type sound which is up my alley. I would say that it's a overall fun sound that should work well with most genres, not the most technical or detailed but just enough for me to focus on enjoying my music (which I think is the point here). Sounds take has good depth though the width is average.

I don't enjoy the Jade or Kadence as much as I thought I would have. Jade was a bit too sharp for me on the top end, too bright (and I actually am pretty tolerant to bright sounds). Kadence on the other hand is targeting a warm sound, but a bit too dark for my taste. So both may fit other people's needs, but just not for me.

KK is the best of the bunch, but the price range is definitely more far off than the rest (hence my pick of D12 as my favourite). I didn't compare them side by side but the sound reminds me of the old Khan, a slight U or W signature, just more refined, more extended. Personally I have other picks for IEMs at this range, but if you were already enthused by the Khan then this won't disappoint.

Apr 4, 2022 at 9:44 PM Post #99 of 133
Yeh i i know about it. Apparently they are shooting right up there towards trailli and Jewel.. We will see...
Hmm interesting, I think i will ask them about it since i'm still in singapore for a few more days, let's see

Apr 4, 2022 at 11:42 PM Post #100 of 133
Hi Austin. Personally spent some time with the Jade, Kadence, D12 and Kublai Khan. D12 was my favourite among the few, overall W shaped signature type sound which is up my alley. I would say that it's a overall fun sound that should work well with most genres, not the most technical or detailed but just enough for me to focus on enjoying my music (which I think is the point here). Sounds take has good depth though the width is average.

I don't enjoy the Jade or Kadence as much as I thought I would have. Jade was a bit too sharp for me on the top end, too bright (and I actually am pretty tolerant to bright sounds). Kadence on the other hand is targeting a warm sound, but a bit too dark for my taste. So both may fit other people's needs, but just not for me.

KK is the best of the bunch, but the price range is definitely more far off than the rest (hence my pick of D12 as my favourite). I didn't compare them side by side but the sound reminds me of the old Khan, a slight U or W signature, just more refined, more extended. Personally I have other picks for IEMs at this range, but if you were already enthused by the Khan then this won't disappoint.
Wow, really appreciate your short impression. Seems like DXII and Jade might float my boat

Apr 5, 2022 at 1:48 AM Post #101 of 133
KK is the best of the bunch, but the price range is definitely more far off than the rest (hence my pick of D12 as my favourite). I didn't compare them side by side but the sound reminds me of the old Khan, a slight U or W signature, just more refined, more extended. Personally I have other picks for IEMs at this range, but if you were already
Would you say KK will be a solid option at that at under 3k? I mean in technicalities? Was imaging, staging, dynamics etc. competing against other options available? Like UM indigo, EXT.

Also, how was the fit and isolation?

I am really interested in KK as i love Bone conductors. But will see what the tuning is like.

Apr 5, 2022 at 4:48 AM Post #102 of 133
I tried out a local Singapore IEM called the Symphonium Triton at Canjam:

Triton2.png
Photo courtesy from Symphonium storepage

The Triton has quite a nice refined tuning, textured and fast bass, with moderate subbass extension. Upper mids are not shouty or fatiguing and this set has good soundstage and technicalities. Timbre is surprisingly decent considering there are BAs handling the upper frequencies (it is a hybrid).

Even though it has an impedance of 8ish ohms, the Triton uses an interesting Featuring Filtered Linear Attenuation Tuning (FLAT) Technology, which Symphonium says is a propriety circuit developed in-house with Subtonic. This tech apparently negates impedence mismatch with different sources. So the 1/8th rule can be consigned to the dustbin, and no need to worry about pairing the IEM with a high output impedance source (Campfire Andromeda anyone??).

I only had an E1DA, CDA M1 Dac/amp dongle and a Sony A55 at the show as sources, but the A55's OI is not advertised but probably on the higher side, and the Triton sounded nice enough with these.

Last edited:
Apr 5, 2022 at 5:43 AM Post #104 of 133
Wow, really appreciate your short impression. Seems like DXII and Jade might float my boat
I highly recommend trying the D12 if you have the chance. Probably only reason why I hadn't got it immediately is that I'm really enthusiastic about the new Sennheiser IE600 and would like to listen to it before I pull either trigger.
Would you say KK will be a solid option at that at under 3k? I mean in technicalities? Was imaging, staging, dynamics etc. competing against other options available? Like UM indigo, EXT.

Also, how was the fit and isolation?

I am really interested in KK as i love Bone conductors. But will see what the tuning is like.
Not heard the UM Indigo (not sure if Jaben had it on demo, maybe I missed it) so I shall refrain from commenting on it.

Between KK and the EXT, I would say KK is more U shaped vs EXT that to my ears sound more W shaped. Didn't compare them side by side but on memory I thought the EXT showed more technical nuances but Khan had better dynamics. Imaging capabilities were about equal.

My pick for that price range is probably still the Empire Ears Odin or Legend EVO, but I found myself inclined to EE tuning more often than not. Legend EVO has a very unique bass presentation if you're interested in that from the bone conduction driver.

Apr 5, 2022 at 1:35 PM Post #105 of 133
Considering the Advar is a single DD set, it has quite good resolution and technicalities. It sounded like a Warm V-shaped tuning. Bass is north of neutral, but bass quality is nevertheless very good, with good texturing and a well extended sub-bass. Soundstage is about average, width > height/depth. Layering and imaging is pretty good.

The Advar sounds quite natural in timbre, lower mids are a tinge depressed, upper mids are forward without veering too much into shouty territory.

Quite a nice set for single DD lovers who want a warmish tuning.

When I watched Jude’s video, he showcased the Advar and said it was Meze’s new flagship, but I just learned it retails for $699, so no, not a flagship.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back