CanJam Singapore 2022 (April 2-3, 2022)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 26, 2020 at 7:15 PM Post #78 of 234
I really want to attend this Canjam, missing all the friends in Singapore, but I doubt things will get back to "relative" normal that early.

Dec 26, 2020 at 7:27 PM Post #79 of 234
I really want to attend this Canjam, missing all the friends in Singapore, but I doubt things will get back to "relative" normal that early.

Singapore is entering phase 3 for covid regulations tomorrow (28.12.2020), where more activities and larger numbers will be allowed. And they are rolling out a mass population covid vaccination program soon, and also have been trialing pre covid rapid tests for big events.

So who knows, the show might go on. Though probably in a more subdued and smaller setting and with lesser visitors than previous year's can jams. Perhaps less vendors will come too.

Some issues I foresee is that:
- Overseas visitors and vendors may need to do predeparture covid PCR swabs and quarantine for some days on entry to Singapore. And perhaps when they return to their home countries, they will likewise need to do predeparture covid swab and quarantine. All these add to costs and also time out of action (when quarantined). Not to mention maybe some countries are blocked from entering Singapore too due to covid restrictions. Things are very fluid, and these travel requirements/restrictions can change within a matter of days, so there's always a risk of spending money booking tickets/hotels only for it to be wasted!
- Hygiene issues when sharing headphones/earphones. I think one can always sanitize ear tips (not sure about earpads for headphones), but some will still be a bit fearful of sharing audio gear in this covid climate.
- Bad economic climate due to covid, some have taken pay cuts or lost jobs, so spending power for audiophiles will be limited perhaps? Not sure if diehard audio fans will consider audio gear to be "discretionary spending".

I really do hope that the show still goes on, but of course safety of the participants and vendors should take the first priority. Tough planning for the organizers too!

Dec 26, 2020 at 11:18 PM Post #80 of 234
Singapore is entering phase 3 for covid regulations tomorrow (28.12.2020), where more activities and larger numbers will be allowed. And they are rolling out a mass population covid vaccination program soon, and also have been trialing pre covid rapid tests for big events.

So who knows, the show might go on. Though probably in a more subdued and smaller setting and with lesser visitors than previous year's can jams. Perhaps less vendors will come too.

Some issues I foresee is that:
- Overseas visitors and vendors may need to do predeparture covid PCR swabs and quarantine for some days on entry to Singapore. And perhaps when they return to their home countries, they will likewise need to do predeparture covid swab and quarantine. All these add to costs and also time out of action (when quarantined). Not to mention maybe some countries are blocked from entering Singapore too due to covid restrictions. Things are very fluid, and these travel requirements/restrictions can change within a matter of days, so there's always a risk of spending money booking tickets/hotels only for it to be wasted!
- Hygiene issues when sharing headphones/earphones. I think one can always sanitize ear tips (not sure about earpads for headphones), but some will still be a bit fearful of sharing audio gear in this covid climate.
- Bad economic climate due to covid, some have taken pay cuts or lost jobs, so spending power for audiophiles will be limited perhaps? Not sure if diehard audio fans will consider audio gear to be "discretionary spending".

I really do hope that the show still goes on, but of course safety of the participants and vendors should take the first priority. Tough planning for the organizers too!
hahha @baskingshark mass population covid vaccination program Many will refuse it, as vaccines have bad track records and known side-effects, many will not be guinea pigs

Jan 20, 2021 at 4:49 AM Post #83 of 234
CanJam Singapore 2021 Update: We're hoping that everyone is doing well and Happy New Year! With the start of the vaccine rollout, we're optimistic about getting back on track later this year. Please note that we will be postponing the March 27-28 dates and the new dates for CanJam Singapore 2021 are August 21-22, 2021.

All pre-purchased tickets will be valid for the new dates and we're looking forward to a great show in August!

Singapore big banner (1).jpg

May 29, 2021 at 10:00 PM Post #86 of 234
Doesn't seem like it's going to happen by lookin at how the situation in Singapore is going lol
Yup, likely going to be Nov \ Dec

Jun 1, 2021 at 2:32 AM Post #87 of 234
OK, I'm not going to spend too much time going over timestamps on various posts in this thread, but a brief glance at the COVID stats for Singapore would seem to indicate that the island currently has the virus under control. Great - we did too, right up until Australia's second-largest state went into it's third lockdown last week and - at the time of writing - shows few signs of getting new cases back to the point our beloved leaders insist on. As it stands, the best they can offer us is 'mid 2022' for international travel.

It's true that over 100,000 Australians have been granted exemptions from the travel ban for compassionate reasons, a system which seems to have been abused, but at the moment we can only legally visit New Zealand. There IS persistent talk of a similar bubble with Singapore, but our authorities are beyond cautious - their re-election depends on it :wink:

Here's hoping for a massive shift in the global state of the pandemic between now and August.

Jun 2, 2021 at 3:33 AM Post #88 of 234
OK, I'm not going to spend too much time going over timestamps on various posts in this thread, but a brief glance at the COVID stats for Singapore would seem to indicate that the island currently has the virus under control. Great - we did too, right up until Australia's second-largest state went into it's third lockdown last week and - at the time of writing - shows few signs of getting new cases back to the point our beloved leaders insist on. As it stands, the best they can offer us is 'mid 2022' for international travel.

It's true that over 100,000 Australians have been granted exemptions from the travel ban for compassionate reasons, a system which seems to have been abused, but at the moment we can only legally visit New Zealand. There IS persistent talk of a similar bubble with Singapore, but our authorities are beyond cautious - their re-election depends on it :wink:

Here's hoping for a massive shift in the global state of the pandemic between now and August.
The current news is that we are on track to loosen restrictions if there are no new untraced cases. It is highly likely that we are on track for a Canham at the end of the year but August is likely too soon.

Jun 3, 2021 at 2:57 AM Post #89 of 234
CanJam Singapore Update: Hope everyone is doing well! Together with the Pan Pacific Singapore, we've made the decision to postpone CanJam Singapore (originally scheduled for August 21-22, 2021) to April 2-3, 2022. This will give us several additional months for international travel to continue to recover, and also puts us back to our regular annual time frame.

All pre-purchased tickets will be valid for the new dates and we're looking forward to a very special show in April!

Singapore Big Banner 2022.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back