CanJam Singapore 2022 (April 2-3, 2022)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 8, 2020 at 4:13 AM Post #61 of 234
Just as well the organizers postponed Canjam in Singapore, which was meant to be tomorrow.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/new...ings-suspended-june-250-participants-12560620

Today, Singapore just suspended gatherings of more than 250 people till 30 june 2020.

Well in the big scheme of things, I think health is still more important than our audio hobby. But I'm still looking forward to the August Canjam in Singapore, let's hope the Covid situation gets better by then worldwide and that all the sick folks recover soon, and we can hopefully get some semblance of normal life back.
That public health measure is likely going to be inadequate. I can't see this event happening in August in any kind of safe way.

Apr 8, 2020 at 4:33 AM Post #62 of 234
That public health measure is likely going to be inadequate. I can't see this event happening in August in any kind of safe way.

FWIW just yesterday (07/04/20), Singapore implemented even stricter social distancing measures till 04/05/20:

https://www.moh.gov.sg/news-highlig...reaker-to-minimise-further-spread-of-covid-19
https://www.moh.gov.sg/news-highlig...vid-19-(temporary-measures)-bill-7-april-2020

So for the next month or so, schools and places of worship are closed, non essential work places are shuttered, one can only take away from F&B outlets (no dine in), cinemas/gyms/attractions are all closed. Hard to say whether things will stabilize before August, though let's keep our fingers crossed.

Though in addition to the virus, I'm pretty worried about the economic outlook for the rest of the year and beyond. Looks like a consequence of the coronavirus, is that recession may be coming in most countries, so that may affect some of our spending power and even affect production/R&D in some of the more expensive audio companies.

Hope everyone stays safe from the coronavirus wherever you are! Take care!

Last edited:
May 1, 2020 at 10:33 AM Post #64 of 234
May 31, 2020 at 6:03 PM Post #66 of 234
Would love to join the event this year. Hopefully it is still on schedule as we hope to be in Phase 2 by end June or early July 2020 where most of the economy can be reopened. However I am not sure how the situation then may still have an impact on this event.
I hear ya but that would almost certainly limit attendance to locals and possibly Malaysians (my assumption). Best they can offer us in Oz is a trans-Tasman 'bubble' with NZ and even that is mooted for September. Stay safe and hopefully 2021 will see a return to normal for everyone.

May 31, 2020 at 9:17 PM Post #67 of 234
Even so, with the need to disinfect gear (eg eartips, headphone pads) after every audition, and possibly a size limit on the participants, and maybe travel restrictions from certain countries to/from Singapore, and a floundering economy due to a possible recession (and hence less spending power for attendees), not sure if it might be better to delay it by a few months. I do hope Can Jam carries on though in some form, but there's gonna be some "new normal" situations/policies we may need to adhere to due to covid.

Hope a vaccine comes out soon so we can go back to some semblance of normal life!

Jun 1, 2020 at 7:52 PM Post #68 of 234
CanJam Singapore Update: We're hoping that everyone is doing well and are eagerly looking forward to being able to get back on track again soon. After several weeks of consultation together with the Pan Pacific Singapore, we will be rescheduling our August 29-30 event dates. CanJam Singapore will now be held on March 27-28, 2021. All pre-purchased tickets will be valid for the new dates and we're looking forward to a great show early next year!

Singapore big banner (2).jpg

Jun 2, 2020 at 3:07 AM Post #69 of 234
I've attended every Canjam Singapore show since 2016 and I was so looking forward to Canjam this year but i guessed it is for the better of everyone. Good decision to postpone it. I'll be back in Mar' 2021.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back