CanJam Singapore 2018 Impressions Thread! (March 24-25, 2018)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 1, 2018 at 3:31 AM Post #181 of 199
Apr 1, 2018 at 7:47 AM Post #183 of 199
finally an EE distributor in Europe , this is good news

you shoul share this info on the EE thread , as well as in @flinkenick 's thread (Nic now i really need to visit Amsterdam again soon)

I wish I could, but I cannot advertise this, probability think this would be against the rules..

Apr 1, 2018 at 8:49 AM Post #184 of 199
Apr 1, 2018 at 8:52 AM Post #185 of 199
I heard both the Soundwriter and the Erlkonig at the show, and while they have some similarities, most of their differences lie in presentation.

The VE Erlkonig was - like the Soundwriter - made to bridge the gap between technical performance and musicality. Although they place a lot of focus on aspects like extension, resolution, clarity and linearity, both IEMs are also tuned for maximum engagement and minimum fatigue. The Erlkonig achieves this by making the most out of headroom and space. Compared to the Soundwriter, the VE flagship's notes are smaller in order to maximise that feeling of spaciousness throughout the stage. The Erlkonig in general has a slight bias towards the mid-bass, and the CanJam tuning - one out of four available options once it's officially released - was emphasised in this regard. As a result, to avoid congestion, midrange notes sounded more condensed and less far-reaching. Now, that's not necessarily a bad thing. The Erlkonig uses this to its advantage, maximising imaging precision and soundstage depth, similar to how the recently released UM Mason V3 does as well.

The Soundwriter is the antithesis of this. By removing the APEX module and concentrating the stage, the Soundwriter creates large, full-bodied and well-resolved notes. It has a sub-bass bias, which increases midrange headroom and transparency, allowing vocals and instruments alike to fill the stage with constant melody. This maximises the engagement characteristic, whilst sacrificing ultimate space. The Erlkonig is more theatre-like; non-chalant in its delivery, yet powered dynamically by an impactful mid-bass and a well-extended, linear and smooth treble. The Soundwriter, on the other hand, is more rock-concert or studio-like, where close proximity to the recording is instrumental in delivering both the detail and the emotional power of the track. A balance of soundstage expansion and note weight allows a feeling of intimacy without claustrophobia, and the smooth manner in which it renders the soundscape only fuels its highly-addictive signature.

Thanks for the extensive review and insight.

Apr 1, 2018 at 11:51 AM Post #186 of 199
You have many assistants now to help you Andy compared to last year but a much bigger setup also. Maybe 2019 you will end up with one entire wall! :) My pleasure as always and see you next time!.

End up with one entire wall? Only in a dream my friend. :beerchug:

We didn't have more space this year, but my products are getting bigger. We launch N3 at Singapore 2017, and this year the attention was HA-300 and that takes up a lot of table space when compare to N3.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Apr 1, 2018 at 4:29 PM Post #187 of 199
The “ONLY!” really puts the nail on the head. :D

Remember a few years ago when Piotr at Custom Art announced the ei3 on april the 1st and then had to spend the rest of the week convincing everyone it was real ? :):)

Apr 1, 2018 at 4:55 PM Post #188 of 199
Remember a few years ago when Piotr at Custom Art announced the ei3 on april the 1st and then had to spend the rest of the week convincing everyone it was real ? :):)

Yeah, I guess it was April the 1st & April the last time he makes that mistake

Apr 1, 2018 at 6:19 PM Post #189 of 199
End up with one entire wall? Only in a dream my friend. :beerchug:

We didn't have more space this year, but my products are getting bigger. We launch N3 at Singapore 2017, and this year the attention was HA-300 and that takes up a lot of table space when compare to N3.

When will N6 replacement will come out? I wanted to get the N6 LTD so bad but only 19 were made. There are three DAP that I highly regard and N6 is one of them.

Apr 2, 2018 at 1:35 AM Post #191 of 199

Yeah, I guess it was April the 1st & April the last time he makes that mistake

And yet, the dude still decided to release his flagship Harmony 8.2 on the exact same date. :p

Apr 2, 2018 at 1:40 AM Post #192 of 199
When will N6 replacement will come out? I wanted to get the N6 LTD so bad but only 19 were made. There are three DAP that I highly regard and N6 is one of them.

We didn't make 19 of them. To start with, we made 5 units of N6 Limited for internal R&D purpose, and we are invited by erji.com to make another 5 units solely for their 15th anniversary campaign, and these five units are the only N6 LTD units available to public users.

We are indeed working on the successor of N6, will announcement more detail or start a new thread as soon as we have a firm date. Our past track record is to start a new thread around 2 months before the official product launch, that's the time when we have more or less completed our product development process and started the procurement/supply chain stage, Cayin is relatively conservative on this regard. :beerchug:

Apr 2, 2018 at 2:06 AM Post #193 of 199
We didn't make 19 of them. To start with, we made 5 units of N6 Limited for internal R&D purpose, and we are invited by erji.com to make another 5 units solely for their 15th anniversary campaign, and these five units are the only N6 LTD units available to public users.

We are indeed working on the successor of N6, will announcement more detail or start a new thread as soon as we have a firm date. Our past track record is to start a new thread around 2 months before the official product launch, that's the time when we have more or less completed our product development process and started the procurement/supply chain stage, Cayin is relatively conservative on this regard. :beerchug:

I know you can only reveal so much but do you think the successor is due this year?

Apr 2, 2018 at 2:20 AM Post #194 of 199
I know you can only reveal so much but do you think the successor is due this year?

We sure hope so, we are working very hard for that. :beerchug:

Apr 6, 2018 at 10:59 PM Post #195 of 199
As I was browsing the demo rooms n tables, my eyes laid sight on angstrom's tube amplifier.
Magnificent construction.

I sat down to listen its demo setup with tidal into some dac I'm not familiar into the stella amp driving audeze lcd-x.

For the same music that I thought I was familiar with, I heard alot more on things that I didn't know exactly existed n the whole experience is just sublime.

It's the stall I went back again, and would love to hear more if I didn't had to let others have some time on it as well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back