CanJam @ RMAF 2015, Oct. 2-4, 2015 -- The Exhibitors!
Sep 28, 2015 at 7:38 PM Post #227 of 406
Oh, and thanks jude for the Michigan meet mention! I REALLY enjoyed the HD 630VB when I gave them a listen there. They are definitely on my short list of must have closed backs.

Sep 28, 2015 at 9:17 PM Post #230 of 406
Man, this site. I just happily got my lcd x and said okay, I'm at my endgame. Then I saw the bold lcd 4 and my heart completely stopped. Then I saw the price, exhaled, and am happily going about my life with my ears safe inside my x.

Sep 28, 2015 at 9:49 PM Post #231 of 406
  And I can't believe that anyone would do something as geeky as pull together a spreadsheet for the show! What nerds. 

And of course I do the exact same thing for every CanJam, and have already completed it for RMAF. 

GEEKS RULE! 
beerchug.gif

I'm still waiting to assemble the yearly spreadsheet of SHaG prizes for folks, and with Joe out (congratulations Dad!) we may not have an announcement before the event.

That is $1K more than than HIFIMAN HE1000 even. Not sure if the LCD4 is lighter than the LCD-3 which could be the second big issue.

I had the opportunity to demo the LCD4's headband at last year's RMAF. The combination of the lighter carbon fiber band and the leather comfort strap was superior in every way to their current style. The prototype I heard may not have been physically lighter than the LCD3, I didn't ask, but it certainly felt lighter because the weight was better distributed across the top of the head.

Sep 28, 2015 at 10:41 PM Post #233 of 406
Man, this site. I just happily got my lcd x and said okay, I'm at my endgame. Then I saw the bold lcd 4 and my heart completely stopped. Then I saw the price, exhaled, and am happily going about my life with my ears safe inside my x.

These kinds of price feel more like a statement that says: "Audeze produces quality products and our top of the line is x% better and therefore warrants a price that is x% bigger."

Of course the margin goes up with the price with these headphones.

Sep 28, 2015 at 11:37 PM Post #235 of 406
  LCD4, The King and perhaps one more thing... (Hopefully we can finish it on time). 

Oh stop teasing...you'll give Head-Fiers heart attacks! 

See you in a few days in Denver

Sep 29, 2015 at 12:51 AM Post #239 of 406
  Any info on LCD4 specs?

Hi @callizer, here are the specs:

Style: Open circumaural 
Transducer type: Planar magnetic
Magnetic arrays: Double Fluxor magnets
Magnet type: Neodymium 
Transducer size: 106mm
Maximum power handling: 15W (for 200ms)
Sound pressure level: >130dB with 15W
Frequency response: 5Hz – 20kHz extended out to 50kHz
Total harmonic distortion: <1% through entire frequency range
Impedance: 100 ohms 
Efficiency: 100dB / 1mW
Optimal power requirement: 1 – 4W

AUDEZE TECHNOLOGY
• Fazor elements
• Large ultra-thin Uniforce diaphragms
• Double Fluxor magnetic arrays
• Flux density 1.5 Tesla

PACKAGE INCLUDES
• 1/4in to dual 4-pin mini-XLR Premium LCD Headphone Cable
• Professional travel case

OPTIONS
• 2.5m 1/4in to dual 4-pin mini-XLR cable
• 2.5m 4-pin XLR to dual 4-pin mini-XLR cable

I haven't weighed the LCD4 yet, but in my hands it doesn't feel any lighter to me than my LCD-3. That said, the LCD4's headband is more comfortable than my LCD-3, so it seems to distribute the weight better.

The headband is not a traditional comfort strap headband, in that the strap itself doesn't have an elastic suspension. Rather, what they've done is take the rigid structure out of the leather. The clamping force and headband main structure are now tasked to a carbon fiber band on top. This leaves just a flexible leather strap to rest on the wearer's head.

Sep 29, 2015 at 1:36 AM Post #240 of 406
Hi folks, a fellow audioholic who can't afford to attend probably the biggest meet ever (but I would have no issue with being helped to get there).

Anyone who's able to get some decent headtime with the new Beyer DT 1770 please post your impressions on it's thread, that would be 'music to our ears'.

Also if you get to try out the Orpheus or Orpheus 2 that would be grand to read your take on it here - not to mention how the LCD-4 compares with the 'ol 2.2. 
gs1000.gif
 Thanks and enjoy

Users who are viewing this thread

Back