CanJam NYC 2023 Impressions Thread (February 25-26, 2023)
Feb 27, 2023 at 4:02 PM Post #541 of 961
@Zhanming057 Even without marble it would not be possible to make it for 10-15 thousand 😉

NOMAX

Ps.In tonal performance.....most of them fail...no matter what you hang in front of it
Maybe Stax will manage to channel the acoustic performance (the moving air mass) at the next attempt in a couple of years

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2023 at 4:07 PM Post #542 of 961
it just doesn't push the frontier forward in a way that more exciting transducer innovations do.
You couldn't be any more wrong about this.
and you don't even need to be a tech savvy person to understand all that this headphone entails, just ask yourself simple questions like have you ever seen cooling fins on another headphone and why are they there? etc and you will quickly realise the thing is packed with innovations, which would probably not be beat for a very long time. they have basically exhausted every way to make a perfect electrostatic headphone. there's nothing much to improve on from here on out.

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2023 at 4:07 PM Post #543 of 961
I got a similar impression of the Traili. Much to my surprise, I totally understood why people say they are "the bird" (listening to Annie Lennox "The Crying Time"). They do vocals in a way I've never heard any other IEM or headphone do before, and a way I didn't even know I wanted or was possible. Would I spend $6k on them? Probably not, unless my entire music collection was all about female vocals (spoiler alert: it isn't)
A couple of thoughts. Use a quality dap and the Traillii will have some of the tightest and best balanced bass available in an IEM. Not the most mind you, but it will sound a bit like a DD. I actually hooked mine up to the Boulder at the Audeze table and amazingly they outperformed the Lcd 3 on the song “Something” by the Beatles. The initial attack of the bass early in the track was amazing.

Feb 27, 2023 at 4:15 PM Post #544 of 961
Feb 27, 2023 at 4:19 PM Post #545 of 961
I read almost through all posts, but what did you heard around 500$ that was wow, I need this?
I’m firmly in the “I need an HD660S2 right now” camp, but it’s a headphone you really should hear yourself. Seems to be pretty divisive, like the 660S was (and which I personally didn’t like).

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2023 at 4:20 PM Post #546 of 961
A couple of thoughts. Use a quality dap and the Traillii will have some of the tightest and best balanced bass available in an IEM. Not the most mind you, but it will sound a bit like a DD. I actually hooked mine up to the Boulder at the Audeze table and amazingly they outperformed the Lcd 3 on the song “Something” by the Beatles. The initial attack of the bass early in the track was amazing.
Granted I only spent like 10 minutes with Traili, and my reference point is EE Legend EVO, but I wouldn't call anything about Traili "impressive" except its presentation of vocals. It somehow managed to separate the vocal from everything else and put it front and center in a most pleasing way. Everything else about it was "meh" IMHO. But if vocals are your thing, I can totally see why Traili would be your holy grail.

Feb 27, 2023 at 4:34 PM Post #549 of 961
Man that was one hell of a show, busiest CanJam ever!
We want to thank everyone for visiting us and all the kind words on our products and youtube channel. It's great to hear our efforts are so much so appreciated!
Stay well,
Joe, Jason, and Eric

IMG_2767.jpeg

As a recap, the 2 systems at our booth were:
1. dCS Lina DAC, Woo Audio WA23 amp, AB1266 headphone, held by our ‘The Stand’
2. XIAUDIO K DAC and Broadway Balanced amp, Diana TC (custom True Blue color), and The Stand
3. Cables by JPS Labs

D1F0ADB7-AEE9-455A-A929-F17E3342790B.jpeg

1677547772350.jpeg

Last edited:
ABYSS Headphones We engineer, machine, and build our headphones from scratch in New York, USA. Stay updated on ABYSS Headphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AbyssHeadphones https://twitter.com/AbyssHeadphones https://www.instagram.com/abyssheadphones/ https://abyss-headphones.com/ info@Abyss-Headphones.com
Feb 27, 2023 at 4:35 PM Post #550 of 961
You couldn't be any more wrong about this.
and you don't even need to be a tech survey person to understand all that this headphone entails, just ask yourself simple questions like have you ever seen cooling fins on another headphone and why are they there? etc and you will quickly realise the thing is packed with innovations, which would probably not be beat for a very long time. they have basically exhausted every way to make a perfect electrostatic headphone. there's nothing much to improve on from here on out.

Have you tried any of the systems I mentioned?

Just because it runs hot doesn't mean it is necessarily better - and if so, the SR1a requires 150w into 8 ohms without a dedicated amp.

Without knowing the design, I am almost 100% certain the fins are cosmetic, since I can't recall them ever running even slightly hot to the touch.

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2023 at 4:40 PM Post #551 of 961
We want to thank everyone for visiting us and all the kind words on our products and youtube channel. It's great to hear our efforts are so much so appreciated!
Stay well,
Joe, Jason, and Eric

IMG_2767.jpeg

1. dCS Lina DAC, Woo Audio WA23 amp, AB1266 headphone
2. XIAUDIO K DAC and Broadway Balanced amp, Diana TC (custom True Blue color)

Was great meeting you and getting to hear the new closed back. Definitely gave me food for thought. :wink:

Feb 27, 2023 at 4:41 PM Post #552 of 961
Have you tried any of the systems I mentioned?

Just because it runs hot doesn't mean it is necessarily better - and if so, the SR1a requires 150w into 8 ohms without a dedicated amp.
You did not understand what I said, I am talking about cooling fins on the headphones itself not the amp. and they are not just cosmetic. no no no. you still haven't understood the magnitude of those headphones.
your experience sounds like someone who sees an enigma machine (>half a mill $) at a flee market and walks past it thinking its just another old type writer.

Last edited:
Feb 27, 2023 at 4:42 PM Post #553 of 961
Stay well,
Joe, Jason, and Eric

IMG_2767.jpeg

1. dCS Lina DAC, Woo Audio WA23 amp, AB1266 headphone
2. XIAUDIO K DAC and Broadway Balanced amp, Diana TC (custom True Blue color)

Really looking forward to the closed back as well. Hope I wasn't too harsh on the appearance when speaking with Eric!

Feb 27, 2023 at 4:48 PM Post #554 of 961
Feb 27, 2023 at 5:05 PM Post #555 of 961
Did anyone listen to the Lina system with, and without the Master Clock? I am really interested to hear any opinions on the difference, if any (although I have to believe there is some difference) the Master Clock makes.
Hi @Cali911

There is a huge difference. It is noticeable.

I was able to do a listening in a specialized store in Lyon (France). So quiet and dedicated place. I would say The absence of clock is really impressive.

However, it is 2 1/2 months that I made the listening. I could not detail the differences with detail but I would say:
- More spacial
- more detailed
- more material

There was such a difference that I am thinking of adding an external clock to my current equipment (Mola Mola TAMBAQUI).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back