CanJam NYC 2023 Impressions Thread (February 25-26, 2023)
Feb 26, 2023 at 11:40 AM Post #271 of 961
Small
I keep seeing the New Modhouse Planar. Anyone listened to it?

haha I'm trying to find it and him!

also Jeffery from SJY has his starry nights! really talented young man and a pleasure to talk to!

Feb 26, 2023 at 11:46 AM Post #272 of 961
The Holo May KTE/Bliss stack is bigger than I imagined from all the reviews I've seen. I gave the stack a quick listen, but the headphone available to me at the time was the MM 500, which I find rather bland, so I wish I could have tried that stack with some cans I really enjoy.

Where can I find the Bliss? ZMF room?

Edit- it's at the Audeze table. It does sound amazing 👍

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2023 at 11:53 AM Post #273 of 961
I listened to it with that amp too and it was great -- but what WAS that amp??
It's the Airmid OTL by @L0rdGwyn , currently unobtanium. Check my Youtube channel for my review on it as well as another amp he created, the Aegis, which will be coming soon....I think?

Feb 26, 2023 at 11:58 AM Post #274 of 961
It's the Airmid OTL by @L0rdGwyn , currently unobtanium. Check my Youtube channel for my review on it as well as another amp he created, the Aegis, which will be coming soon....I think?

It's a work in progress, I can't put a date on it. I am working less weekends in my new job, which is great and means I can spend more time with friends and family. But it also means I have fewer weekdays I can devote entirely to audio projects. So progress is slow.

Feb 26, 2023 at 12:07 PM Post #275 of 961
Does anyone know if there's a Meteor for demo?

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2023 at 12:21 PM Post #276 of 961
Would you mind to share impressions/comparisons between QA390 and the Mjolnir?

(p.s. nice to see another qa390 user!)

difficult to say with a 10min tryout in the middle of the CanJam but it felt like my U12T's BAs had their best time ever. The bass were just incredible.

So i'll definitely keep an eye on this beast when it becomes available.

Feb 26, 2023 at 1:00 PM Post #277 of 961
So heard ZMF VC and AC side by side with my Sony Walkman 4.4 balanced as all desktop amps were taken. VC is visceral in attack, fast and in female vocals at higher octaves have push. Details were popping up in VC. Some may like it and some may not. AC sounds more even. Now do you want really fast and exciting one then get VC, if you want something more balanced with great ZMF housesound get AC

atrium closed looks interesting. price and when are they available for sale?
There are few available in Canjam to buy right away. On website it will come in April.

I also spent time with FiR XE6 and if you like warm sound with good bass and non offensive treble then XE6 is a great choice. FatFreq Maestro SE has good sub bass but has that peak somewhere in treble. XE6 is good alternative to it with better treble if you like warmer and slightly darker sound. But is double with price of it unfortunately.

Feb 26, 2023 at 1:07 PM Post #278 of 961
  • The Atrium with the Feliks Envy was a superb pairing and put the Atrium on the top of my buy list for use with my Folkvagnr and WA22
  • The Caldera wasn't great, but I only got to try it with a Decware tube amp which was not ideal; it felt strained.
  • The Utopia 2022 with the Feliks Envy was equally amazing, but price is a bit too high for me when Atrium gets you most of the way there imo
  • The CRBN with the LTA Z10E was best in show imo but a hell of an investment
  • The new Stax X9000 with the 3ES was a close second to the CRBN
  • The new Corina with the Blue Hawaii wasn't as full and rich as the CRBN imo
  • The Expanse with the TT2 was too linear for me, I prefer a bit more bass weight
  • The 660s2, compared to the 650 is a clear and worthwhile upgrade
  • The ifi Diablo X with the new xMEMS tech was surprisingly amazing; cymbals sounded like real life
  • The new Audeze Maxwell gaming headset is a clear upgrade from the Penrose; comfort alone makes it worthwhile

Last edited:
Feb 26, 2023 at 1:08 PM Post #279 of 961
Just a reminder we will be doing our giveaway at 3pm today!

Giving away 1 x Sennheiser IE200, 1 x Focal Bathys, 1 x 64 Audio tia Fourte Blanc and 1 x Focal Utopia 2022.

Pop by the Headphones.com booth (F5-F10), win your new headphones and then pop over to the reviewer Seminar with Resolve, Jude, Crinacle and Zeos!

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Feb 26, 2023 at 1:16 PM Post #280 of 961
Pop by the Headphones.com booth (F5-F10), win your new headphones and then pop over to the reviewer Seminar with Resolve, Jude, Crinacle and Zeos!
Livestream?

Feb 26, 2023 at 1:20 PM Post #281 of 961
Feb 26, 2023 at 1:24 PM Post #283 of 961
EADC09E8-6733-49AE-B8C0-CC5E53A5C3ED.jpeg

Feb 26, 2023 at 1:26 PM Post #284 of 961
I am loving all these impressions. Love to see more on the EF600, as well as more on the Atrium Closed as well as anything else that looks amazing. Basically all of it! No pressure! Sitting in 4 feet of snow in Utah missing out on Canjam's biggest US show. Ah, life!

In honor of Canjam, I am listening to my Cen.Grand DSDAC 1.0 Super Clock with my Icon HP8 MK2 Signature with a pair of Raytheon VT-231s and a Brimar Footscray with my Auteur OG. Lovely sound from the comfort of my home. Still would prefer to be a Canjam...:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back