CanJam NYC 2023 (February 25-26, 2023)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 14, 2022 at 1:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 792
NYC2023.jpg

CanJam returns to the Big Apple for the 6th edition of CanJam NYC! Join us for CanJam NYC 2023 at the newly renovated New York Marriott Marquis in Times Square! SAVE THE DATES and be sure to subscribe to the thread for updates!

Now Playing: The CanJam NYC 2023 Preview Video!

A plethora of new high-end IEMs; a new flagship-class electrostatic over-ear; an affordable, tech-loaded do-it-all planar magnetic headphone; SO many headphones; top-tier portable players; and SO much more at CanJam New York this year.

CanJam NYC 2023
New York Marriott Marquis, Times Square
1535 Broadway
New York, NY 10036
USA

Saturday, February 25, 2023
10am to 6pm

Sunday, February 26, 2023
10am to 5pm

Show Tickets (Click here to purchase)
Weekend - $40
One Day - $30

Travel
Surround yourself with the sights and sounds of the city at New York Marriott Marquis. One of the premier hotels in Times Square, its central location gives you easy access to NYC entertainment options and several subway lines to access any part of NYC. We have secured a limited number of rooms for $269/night. Click here to make your room reservations.

CanJam Volunteers
There will be volunteer staff positions at CanJam NYC 2023 to assist at the Registration Desk. You will need to be able to commit to a 4 hour shift on either the Saturday or Sunday of the event. Volunteers will receive free weekend tickets along with an event T-Shirt. If you are interested, please send me a PM or email to ethan@canjam.org with your full name, email address, and T-Shirt size.

We look forward to seeing you at CanJam NYC 2023!

NY23_avatar300x300_v1.jpg

Nov 14, 2022 at 1:58 PM Post #2 of 792
23NYCheaders_sponsors.jpg

dCS
Headphones.com
Headphone.guru
Secrets of Home Theater and High Fidelity

23NYCheaders_exhibitors.jpg

64 Audio
Abyss Headphones
Astell&Kern
Atlas Cables
Audeze
Audio46
Audio-Technica
Bloom Audio
Brise Audio
Burson Audio
Campfire Audio
CEntrance
Chord Electronics
Crosszone
DALI
Dan Clark Audio
dCS
Dekoni Audio
DROP
EAR Micro
EarMen
Effect Audio
Eksonic
Eletech
Elysian Acoustic Labs
Empire Ears
Etymotic
Feliks Audio
Ferrum Audio
Final Audio
FiR Audio
Focal
Fostex
HeadAmp Audio Electronics
Headphones.com
HiBy
HIFIMAN
iFi audio
Jomo Audio
Kennerton
Lake People
Letshuoer
Linsoul Audio
Lotoo
Metal Magic Research
Meze Audio
MusicTeck
Mytek
Niimbus
Noble Audio
Nostalgia Audio
Pathos Acoustics
PrimaLuna
PSB Speakers
PW Audio
RAAL-requisite
RME
Sennheiser
Spirit Torino
STAX
T+A
TEAC
THIEAUDIO
Unique Melody
Upscale Audio
Violectric
Vision Ears
Viva Audio
Westone Audio
Woo Audio
Yamaha
ZMFheadphones

with many more to come!

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2022 at 1:59 PM Post #3 of 792
23NYCheaders_tshirts.jpg

CJNYC_Shirt_Final.png

CanJam NYC 2023 T-Shirts are $40 and can now be pre-ordered online at the following link: https://canjamglobal.com/shows/nyc2023/. Once on the CanJam NYC 2023 show page, scroll down until you reach the "CanJam NYC 2023 T-Shirts" section to place your pre-order.

All T-Shirt pre-orders must be picked at the Registration Desk during show hours on February 25-26. The deadline for T-Shirt pre-orders for CanJam NYC 2023 is Wednesday, February 15. We will have a few extra T-Shirts in various sizes on hand as well. CanJam NYC 2023 volunteers do not need to order their own T-shirts as we will be providing them directly.

Attachments

• CJNYC23_TShirt_Mock.png
    CJNYC23_TShirt_Mock.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nov 14, 2022 at 2:00 PM Post #4 of 792
23NYCheaders_seminars.jpg

Solid-State Fidelity - An Introduction to the World’s First All-Silicon µSpeakers for Personal Audio Devices

Saturday, February 25th, 2023
11:00a - 12:00p

This talk will introduce a new, all-silicon transduction mechanism that is set to disrupt century-old coil/magnet driver architectures. This new, solid-state architecture implements both actuation and diaphragm in silicon resulting in unmatched part-to-part frequency response and phase consistency. This innovative transduction mechanism has also produced the world’s fastest and most precise µspeakers, eliminating spring and suspension recovery of coil speakers which improves audio quality and sound field reproduction.

SPEAKER: Michael Ricci, Sr. Director Electroacoustic Engineering from xMEMS Labs, Inc.

DAC Architectures: The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly

12:00p - 1:00p

Although digital audio is ubiquitous these days, finding an optimal DAC (Digital-to-Analog Converter) remains a complicated, and often confusing, task. Join Rob Watts, Digital Design Consultant for Chord Electronics, as he explores the various DAC architectures commonly employed today, and breaks down the strengths and weaknesses of each. Finally, personal preferences aside, learn the objective criteria by which all DACs should be judged for high fidelity audio applications.

SPEAKER: Rob Watts, Digital Design Consultant, Chord Electronics

The Influence of Geometry, Directivity and Acoustical Impedance of Headphones on Sound Perception

1:00p - 2:00p

Today a lot of headphone enthusiasts are measuring the frequency responses of their headphones. But the perceived sound is not only dependent on the frequency response curve. The geometry and the acoustical impedance of the headphone have a big influence on the perceived sound. The shape and directivity of the sound-field in the ear-cup are crucial for the spatial perception. In my presentation I give an overview of the historical and current developments.

SPEAKER: Axel Grell, Founder & CEO, Grell Audio

The Benefits of Being Balanced

2:00p - 3:00p

Is balanced the best way to go? Join Fried Reim of Lake People (Violectric) as he covers the fundamentals and benefits of balanced audio. Learn how balanced signals are created, handled, and output by the various components of your signal chain (DACs, amplifiers, interconnects, and headphones). And ultimately, gain an understanding of how a balanced setup may (or may not) be best for your listening experience.

SPEAKER: Fried Reim, Chief Strategist, Lake People (Violectric)

HD Audio for All: TWS Trends for Better Music Listening

3:00p - 4:00p

From bargain seekers to discerning audiophiles, more listeners than ever are seeking high-definition, premium earphone experiences. Achieving those experiences, however, comes with a unique set of requirements. This session will provide a TWS technical guide to consumers as they sift through the fast-evolving TWS landscape for their next earbuds, while simultaneously helping brands optimize their earphones to accommodate today’s customer demands, including lossless streaming, hearing personalization, comfort, price, connectivity, active noise canceling, and battery life.

SPEAKER: Jon Kiachian, VP & GM of MedTech and Specialty Audio, Knowles Corporation

Evolution of Hearing Simulation, And An Examination of Frequency Response Targets And How We Use Them

4:00p - 5:00p

An examination of how the most popular hearing simulation standard (commonly referred to as “711”) was first developed well over 40 years ago — and how important advancements made in the decades since must inevitably lead to the adoption of emergent standards. Following this, an insightful discussion of frequency response targets, how they are used in the industry by reviewers, and some important considerations therein. Are we missing the target?

SPEAKER: Jude Mansilla, Founder, Head-Fi.org

The HARMAN Headphone Target Curve: 2023 And Beyond

Sunday, February 26th, 2023
11:00a - 12:00p

The Harman Target is a subjectively preferred headphone frequency response that was the culmination of a 7-year scientific study on the perception and measurement of headphone sound quality. My talk summarizes what the Harman Target Curve is, how it was developed and validated, and how to best use it for interpreting and predicting how good a headphone sounds. With the introduction of new headphone test fixtures, like the B&K 5128, the future of the Harman target curve will be discussed.

SPEAKER: Dr. Sean Olive, Senior Fellow, Acoustic Research, Harman International

Headphones and Hearing: Human Hearing and Compensation for Headphone Listening

12:00p - 1:00p

Human hearing is a complex phenomenon. Not only does ultra-near-field listening – like headphone listening – get interpreted differently by our brains, but our own unique abilities to hear can affect how we enjoy what we listen to. Join Paul Barton, Founder and Chief Acoustics Designer of PSB Speakers, and experts from the sound lab behind Audiodo Personal Sound, on a walk through the science of hearing and how headphones can be designed to compensate for everything from spatial perception of sound through to personalizing sound for unique hearing characteristics.

SPEAKER: Paul Barton, Founder and Chief Acoustics Designer, PSB Speakers

How Interpolation Filters and Transients Crucially Affect Sound Quality

2:00p - 3:00p

Join us for an invaluable hour of insight into how digital interpolation filters work. This seminar will cover: understanding the importance of interpolation filtering and transients; realizing just how much time domain performance can dictate fidelity and realism, and much more. If you didn’t understand any of that, and you are currently pursuing an endgame rig with a digital source, then this is one seminar you won’t want to miss.

SPEAKER: Rob Watts, Digital Design Consultant, Chord Electronics

Ask The Reviewers @ CanJam NYC 2023!

3:00p - 4:00p

Does burn-in exist? Do cables make a difference? Is there a "correct" sound signature? How much power does the Susvara truly need? What is the best in-ear monitor or headphone, for my music, within my budget? You have questions, bring them to our panel of expert reviewers. Join Crinacle (In-Ear Fidelity), Jude Mansilla (Head-Fi.org), Resolve (Headphones.com) and ZeosPantera (Z Reviews) as they answer them all live and in real time!

Nov 14, 2022 at 2:01 PM Post #5 of 792
23NYCheaders_showspecials.jpg

64 Audio20% off on the A6t and up
Astell+Kern10% off all products ordered at show except ACRO CA1000, which is $400 off.
Audio4625% off select products
Visit booth to enter giveaway to win: (1) Grado SR325x, (1) Final Audio Z8000, (1) Strauss & Wagner EM205, (1) Strauss & Wagner ANC-BT501
Free custom in-ear impressions for first 30 attendees, no purchase necessary
Audio-TechnicaVisit booth for a chnace to win a pair of ATH-TWX9 wireless earphones
10% off select headphones, exclusions apply. Viist booth for more details.
Atlas Cables10% off
Bloom AudioVisit booth for the following offers: 15% off Eletech, 10% off Burson, and 10% off select Astell&Kern
DALI20% off DALI headphone products
Dekoni AudioVisit booth for a chance to win a Dekoni x Hifiman Cobalt on Sunday at 3pm
25% off MSRP for all Dekoni products at show
DROPVisit booth for a coupon offer for an online purchase
EarMen10% of all products
Effect AudioUp to 20% off + Free Gifts for purchases made at show
Eletech15% off all prodcuts at show
Elysian Acoustic LabsVisit booth for available bundle offers
Empire Ears20% off
Ferrum Audio10% off
Free power splitter and FPL cable with purchase of Ferrum WANDLA
Headphones.comVisit booth to enter a giveaway with the following prizes: (1) Focal Utopia 2022, (1) 64 Audio tia Fourte Blanc, (1) Focal Bathys, (1) Sennheiser IE200
Visit booth for available sales offers
Jomo Audio20% off UIEMs
MusicTeck20% off select products from Cayin, Empire Ears, FAudio, Noble Audio, PWAudio, qdc, Shanling, and Unique Melody; 15% off Eletech
PSB20% off PSB Headphones
Visit booth for a chance to win a PSB Headphones M4U 8 MKII
Vision EarsVisit booth to listen to two prototypes and provide written feedback on a card; eligible participants will have a chance to win a EVE20 at the end of each day

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2022 at 4:23 PM Post #6 of 792
Nice! I can't wait!

Last edited:
Nov 14, 2022 at 7:30 PM Post #8 of 792
I had a great time at this show last February, and nominally plan to attend in 2023. @Kerry , will Eksonic be setting up again?

Nov 15, 2022 at 9:49 AM Post #9 of 792
I'll be there, looking forward to it. Will be my first CanJam.

Nov 15, 2022 at 11:23 AM Post #11 of 792
I live in Brooklyn but I'm sooo tempted to get a room at the hotel Saturday night....

Nov 16, 2022 at 10:20 PM Post #13 of 792
Of course... I'll be there! So excited!!

Nov 17, 2022 at 9:37 AM Post #14 of 792
I can already smell the NY Pizza Suprema wafting into my lungs. 🤤

Bloom Audio Headphones and Personal Audio with Pitch Perfect Service. Stay updated on Bloom Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/BloomAudioStore https://twitter.com/BloomAudioStore https://www.instagram.com/BloomAudioStore https://bloomaudio.com hello@bloomaudio.com
Nov 17, 2022 at 11:04 AM Post #15 of 792
I can already smell the NY Pizza Suprema wafting into my lungs. 🤤

At least you have access to good Cheesesteak! 😄 All I've got here in Los Angeles is California Pizza... California Pizza. 😐

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back