CanJam NYC 2020 Impressions Thread (February 15-16, 2020)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 17, 2020 at 11:28 AM Post #196 of 400
Booked the hotel for the weekend and was looking forward to trying a few things, but had to leave early due to a home emergency.

Tried the Dunu Luna, and perhaps it was because I directly compared it to the Sony IER-Z1R, but it didn’t sound as clear or detailed. Don’t get me wrong it’s decent. It had great bass impact, but I thought the mid bass was a bit much.

It was tough getting an assessment of the Chord 2Go. I was unfamiliar with all the music they had on the SD card. I wanted to compare it directly with the Hugo 2 via Camera Adapter from iPhone. Pretty much sounded identical to me. I was tempted to say perhaps via the 2Go the entire sound was more focused but that could be placebo or just difference in file type. I find the suggested price very hard to swallow for what you get especially after waiting so long.

I think the new Spin Fit CP-100 tips were good. Will definitely pick up a few of those.

I think perhaps the only thing that impressed me was the Hiby R8. Incredible sound stage and detail. Good air, and vocals and just overall natural. I also found it to be quite transparent. It’s full on Android and has 4G, you can run whatever streaming music player you like, which would fit my use case, This one I look forward to hearing more about. I think it sounded better than the Cayin N8. Heard chatters or a price range around 2 grand.

Feb 17, 2020 at 11:51 AM Post #197 of 400
I think perhaps the only thing that impressed me was the Hiby R8. Incredible sound stage and detail. Good air, and vocals and just overall natural. I also found it to be quite transparent. It’s full on Android and has 4G, you can run whatever streaming music player you like, which would fit my use case, This one I look forward to hearing more about. I think it sounded better than the Cayin N8. Heard chatters or a price range around 2 grand.
And that's the most exciting thing I've read here over the past 14 pages! :p

Feb 17, 2020 at 1:27 PM Post #200 of 400
Booked the hotel for the weekend and was looking forward to trying a few things, but had to leave early due to a home emergency.

Tried the Dunu Luna, and perhaps it was because I directly compared it to the Sony IER-Z1R, but it didn’t sound as clear or detailed. Don’t get me wrong it’s decent. It had great bass impact, but I thought the mid bass was a bit much.

It was tough getting an assessment of the Chord 2Go. I was unfamiliar with all the music they had on the SD card. I wanted to compare it directly with the Hugo 2 via Camera Adapter from iPhone. Pretty much sounded identical to me. I was tempted to say perhaps via the 2Go the entire sound was more focused but that could be placebo or just difference in file type. I find the suggested price very hard to swallow for what you get especially after waiting so long.

I think the new Spin Fit CP-100 tips were good. Will definitely pick up a few of those.

Been waiting for a dap like R8 since I stream most of my music and would like a dap without the need to share a WiFi with the phone. This might save me buying additional sd cards.

Feb 17, 2020 at 2:03 PM Post #202 of 400
Looking forward to seeing more info about the R8 also :)

The clarity, transparency, and sound separation while listening to R8 at the show (using my own micro SD with test files I'm familiar with and U18t to monitor the sound) reminded me a lot of LPGT. Hopefully will have more time to spend with it when R8 is officially released and sw/fw is finalized. Btw, the DAP is on a bigger and heavier side, but it also packing extra functionality, like being able to use sim card to stream audio outside of WiFi coverage. From what I understand, you can't use it as a phone, for data only.

1581965995410.png
1581966037091.png

1581966080407.png
1581966116274.png

Feb 17, 2020 at 2:05 PM Post #203 of 400
The clarity, transparency, and sound separation while listening to R8 at the show (using my own micro SD with test files I'm familiar with and U18t to monitor the sound) reminded me a lot of LPGT. Hopefully will have more time to spend with it when R8 is officially released and sw/fw is finalized. Btw, the DAP is on a bigger and heavier side, but it also packing extra functionality, like being able to use sim card to stream audio outside of WiFi coverage. From what I understand, you can't use it as a phone, for data only.

1581965995410.png 1581966037091.png
1581966080407.png 1581966116274.png

Thanks for that @twister6 , looks awesome and sounds like something that fits my preferred signature also based off of what I’ve read about the Lotoo DAPs. It’s a bit hard to judge from pictures, but relative to the SP2000 where would you say the size is on the R8?

Feb 17, 2020 at 2:10 PM Post #204 of 400
M15, R8, and the Ibasso max. The next gen daps are huge! XD

Feb 17, 2020 at 2:11 PM Post #205 of 400

1581965995410.png 1581966037091.png
1581966080407.png 1581966116274.png
You can install WhatsApp and makes calls with the app :relaxed:

Feb 17, 2020 at 2:15 PM Post #207 of 400
As usual I had some fun conversations from the crew at the Auris table who continue to offer some great sounding and very unique products. Fun, fun, fun. Their new portable @ $249 was killer sound and value.

Which portable is that?

Feb 17, 2020 at 2:16 PM Post #208 of 400
You can install WhatsApp and makes calls with the app :relaxed:

Soon they will integrated mirror-less cameras in that thing will be amazing ! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back