CanJam NYC 2020 (February 15-16, 2020)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 12, 2020 at 3:48 PM Post #527 of 596
Seconding this. For those who can't go, the seminars should be recorded for the Head-Fi YT channel
That's a brilliant idea!

Feb 12, 2020 at 3:48 PM Post #528 of 596
Seconding this. For those who can't go, the seminars should be recorded for the Head-Fi YT channel
That would be GREAT! I'll be there but wont be able to see the seminars.

Feb 12, 2020 at 6:34 PM Post #530 of 596
We all love you buddy!!
Disturbing, and now I can't unsee it :scream:

:relaxed: The SE846 is very, very good! :smile:

@NovaFlyer, might I suggest adding Tears For Fears's Woman In Chains to your test track list? It's fantastically recorded and mastered. But also, both Manu Katché and Phil Collins played percussion on it. :thumbsup:

Thanks @warrenpchi will definitely give it a listen. One of the many nice things about head-fi is learning about other music and I've listened to a lot of new music I wouldn't have - Max Richter's Memoryhouse is a prime example for me.

Already scheduled work the Friday I would have left, I honestly don't know where my future stands with the shows, it might be done, even SoCal.

Bummer you won't be there. I'm not planning on any major purchases this time, but still going to hang out and have fun. Plus I'm pretty sure the bar is better than the Irvine Marriott...just sayin'. Plus they probably know where their smoking area ends :laughing: You'll have to at least do Chicago to test the pizza there! Besides, who will bring the Twizzlers so everyone gets a sugar high.

Here is a list of all the headphones you can try with the Benchmark HPA4 at our booth:

- Headphone Selection -
Audeze LCD-4Z
Audeze LCD-XC
Audeze LCD-2 Closed Back
Focal Utopia
Focal Stellia
Focal Clear
Focal Elegia
Grado PS2000e
HiFiMAN Susvara
HiFiMAN HE1000se
MEZE Empyrean
Sennheiser HD650
Ultimate Ears LIVE IEM

Also don't miss your chance to get a limited edition CanJam NYC 2020 key tag! Quantities are limited!
Will be one of my first stops on Sat, to listen to Focal and Meze, and get one of the key tags!!

Adding another vote on that motion. Would make a great reference source and the ability to go back a second time around for those that were able to attend a seminar.

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2020 at 8:09 PM Post #533 of 596
Bummer you won't be there. I'm not planning on any major purchases this time, but still going to hang out and have fun. Plus I'm pretty sure the bar is better than the Irvine Marriott...just sayin'. Plus they probably know where their smoking area ends :laughing: You'll have to at least do Chicago to test the pizza there! Besides, who will bring the Twizzlers so everyone gets a sugar high.

I had Chicago pizza at Axpona, the CJ show in Oct is on my mothers bday. She will be 91, so its pretty much out, unless I ended up being paid by someone to go, then its a different story. I wanted to go to another place when folks were here instead of just hanging out at the Marriott, but it didn't seem like others wanted to venture out.

Feb 12, 2020 at 8:27 PM Post #534 of 596
Coat Check
We received a few questions on this, so wanted to confirm that we will have a coat check available this weekend during Show Hours on both Saturday and Sunday.
Kewl. On Saturday it will definitely be needed. Coldest temps this season forecasted; not going there just wearing a fleece -lol. CanJam always seems to bring a polar vortex with it. :wink: Should warm up a bit on Sunday; but only a bit.

Feb 12, 2020 at 8:33 PM Post #535 of 596
Kewl. On Saturday it will definitely be needed. Coldest temps this season forecasted; not going there just wearing a fleece -lol. CanJam always seems to bring a polar vortex with it. :wink: Should warm up a bit on Sunday; but only a bit.

Last year when I arrived it was warmer there than here when I left. It was about 55 degrees and I had on layers with a heavy down coat. Going through the subway climbing stairs carrying a bunch of candy in my backpack and luggage made one of my layers semi drenched with sweat. Sunday morning it was into the 20's, so I decided to walk around and see if the money I spent on clothes worked, it sure did.

Feb 12, 2020 at 11:30 PM Post #536 of 596
Can we expect recordings of the seminars to be uploaded to yt or something ?

We'll be recording our own seminar, at least.

DUNU It's a good time to go #PRO. Our next generation of in-ears powered by ECLIPSƎ are here! Learn more on our official website. Stay updated on DUNU at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/DUNU.FANS/ https://twitter.com/DUNU_Headphone https://www.instagram.com/dunu_topsound/ https://www.dunu-topsound.com/ https://m.me/DUNU.FANS int_ops@dunu-topsound.com, support@dunutopsound.com
Feb 13, 2020 at 12:11 AM Post #537 of 596
What happens in my AMA stays in my AMA. :wink:

So what’s everybody up to tonight? I’m considering a late supper while I wait for boarding to begin.

Feb 13, 2020 at 1:44 AM Post #538 of 596
Fast Headphones, Streaming Chords, Be IEMs, High-End DAPs, & More At CanJam NYC 2020 - Head-Fi TV

NOTE: If you can't see the embedded video above, please CLICK HERE to see the video.​

Kicking off the CanJam Season with new gear from Chord Electronics, Abyss, Cayin, final, Schiit, HEDD, iFi, HIFIMAN, DUNU, and more, with a lot of audio measurements. This year's will easily be the biggest CanJam New York to date, with MUCH more gear to hear than we could show you in this video. CanJam NYC 2020 happens February 15-16, 2020.

Fast Headphones, Streaming Chords, Be IEMs, High-End DAPs, & More At CanJam NYC 2020 - Head-Fi TV - produced by Brian Murphy, Joe Cwik, and Jude Mansilla​

The measurements in this video were made using:

The iFi Audio/Drop collaboration is an interesting surprise. First I've heard of it and searching around the drop website it doesn't seem there's even any announcements or work-in-progress blog posts about it.

Feb 13, 2020 at 9:14 AM Post #540 of 596
The iFi Audio/Drop collaboration is an interesting surprise. First I've heard of it and searching around the drop website it doesn't seem there's even any announcements or work-in-progress blog posts about it.
@iFi audio posted about it a little earlier in the thread (here). Certainly looks interesting. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back