CanJam NYC 2020 (February 15-16, 2020)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 22, 2020 at 9:38 AM Post #286 of 596
Capture.png

something I made up for last year

Jan 22, 2020 at 9:44 AM Post #287 of 596
I can do an advanced scout on Suprema next Tuesday as I have a meeting at 1 Penn and need to eat some lunch before my meeting.
I need Intel on the calzonees, ham and cheese please...

Jan 22, 2020 at 10:04 AM Post #288 of 596
You caught that...
$800 cable... Reasonable
$4 pizza, wait, wut?
Lol, good one. We seriously need to get our priorities in order, who in their right mind would buy a slice for $4 bucks, when cables only cost $800 plus. Pff.

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2020 at 10:11 AM Post #289 of 596
CanJam plus Pizza-Fi would better I think as my friends just outside of Nashville have a Whiskey-Fi/Head-Fi meet where we listen to headphones and taste awesome bourbon and whiskey so since it is a Head-Fi thing Fi is more appropriate just saying and if you are in the area May 30 will have several Angels Envy Cask Strength and several Orphan Barrels as well just a really good time as Tom cooks great food as well.

Maybe it's time to set-up a high-end bespoke type event with great food, great whisky, and cigars. Oh, and audio gear too! :ksc75smile:

Capture.png

something I made up for last year

Sweet. This should be the badge for this year's event :smiley:

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2020 at 3:45 PM Post #290 of 596
Last edited:
Jan 22, 2020 at 3:47 PM Post #291 of 596
Jan 22, 2020 at 3:56 PM Post #292 of 596
wait, wut?
Where'd you get that?
I edited and cleaned up the post; I posted it before it was ready. Just click the google maps link and it'll guide you there. :wink:

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2020 at 3:58 PM Post #293 of 596
Jan 22, 2020 at 4:12 PM Post #294 of 596
Benchmark will have the Grado PS2000e at our booth compliments of Grado!
Ya, your booth was a favorite of mine last year! Really impressed at how it all measures over on ASR too. But how it sounds is all that matters. And that aspect is even better.

Jan 22, 2020 at 6:49 PM Post #297 of 596
I hope someone has the RAAL-Requisite SR1a. I'd love to hear first-hand what all the excitement is about. Perhaps Schiit Audio will have it and their new Jotunheim R?

If not at least there's always pizza. Don't forget John's of Bleecker Street, if anyone is venturing downtown. A great jazz club, Smalls, is nearby, as is the Village Vanguard.

Jan 22, 2020 at 10:30 PM Post #298 of 596
As of right now, I am not coming to NY, people that I thought wanted to pay me flat out lied, so there's that. Its not Noble, now there is a part of me that still wants to come, just for the fun of the amazing city and to come see people. The thing is, last time I went to a show where I wasn't working at the Noble booth, I was bored to death and left after 2 hours. So forking out the money it takes to get there and the cost of hotels, just makes me question it being worth it. Now there are a couple of things that could sway me, if anyone wants to share a room and the cost, that's one option that could help. Also, would anyone be down for doing stuff during the day while the show is going on? Just in case I would get bored, there is also the possibility of talking to Ethan and being a volunteer for the CanJam team, but I do not know if he still needs people. Anyhow, if someone wants to discuss this with me, shoot me a PM and we can go from there.

Jan 23, 2020 at 4:54 AM Post #299 of 596
As of right now, I am not coming to NY, people that I thought wanted to pay me flat out lied, so there's that. Its not Noble, now there is a part of me that still wants to come, just for the fun of the amazing city and to come see people. The thing is, last time I went to a show where I wasn't working at the Noble booth, I was bored to death and left after 2 hours. So forking out the money it takes to get there and the cost of hotels, just makes me question it being worth it. Now there are a couple of things that could sway me, if anyone wants to share a room and the cost, that's one option that could help. Also, would anyone be down for doing stuff during the day while the show is going on? Just in case I would get bored, there is also the possibility of talking to Ethan and being a volunteer for the CanJam team, but I do not know if he still needs people. Anyhow, if someone wants to discuss this with me, shoot me a PM and we can go from there.

koudairanger has a hotel room he is looking to share...

Jan 23, 2020 at 7:28 AM Post #300 of 596
I hope someone has the RAAL-Requisite SR1a. I'd love to hear first-hand what all the excitement is about. Perhaps Schiit Audio will have it and their new Jotunheim R?

If not at least there's always pizza. Don't forget John's of Bleecker Street, if anyone is venturing downtown. A great jazz club, Smalls, is nearby, as is the Village Vanguard.
Yes, Schiit will bring both. The Jot R and RAAL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back