CanJam NYC 2019 (February 16-17, 2019)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 26, 2019 at 2:58 PM Post #302 of 884
Gotta work my magic somehow, right?

:L3000::L3000::L3000:

2BBSnw6.jpg

Jan 27, 2019 at 1:03 PM Post #304 of 884
Hey guys I will b attending my first CanJam. Simple question what should I bring, my favorite set of cans and my favorite portable source? Will b there both days and just want to be sure that I have what I need to fully enjoy all the things available to audition. Really looking forward to ny.

Jan 27, 2019 at 1:08 PM Post #305 of 884
Hey guys I will b attending my first CanJam. Simple question what should I bring, my favorite set of cans and my favorite portable source? Will b there both days and just want to be sure that I have what I need to fully enjoy all the things available to audition. Really looking forward to ny.

Bring anything you want, if you bring both you can test your cans with gear at the show, or you can use your portable source to test cans. There are no rules, just come have fun and try things you are curious about.

Jan 27, 2019 at 4:11 PM Post #306 of 884

You can come as you are (i.e. nothing, just bring your ears).

I tend to at least bring some music I like to listen to and something to play it through (typically that's my LG V30) as the different spots may not have music you listen to often to "judge" things by. Some bring their headphones to compare against but it's kinda up to you. I wouldn't bring anything you'll need a major power source for...

Jan 27, 2019 at 4:34 PM Post #307 of 884
You can come as you are (i.e. nothing, just bring your ears).

I tend to at least bring some music I like to listen to and something to play it through (typically that's my LG V30) as the different spots may not have music you listen to often to "judge" things by. Some bring their headphones to compare against but it's kinda up to you. I wouldn't bring anything you'll need a major power source for...

The goal at the Noble booth is to have Tidal being used, so millions of songs to choose from.

Jan 27, 2019 at 10:08 PM Post #308 of 884
Bring your favorite cans, player, adapters, and digital/analog interconnects. Oh and a playlist of songs you know well to compare and contrast the difference between all the gear for you to try. For instance last year I had X00s playing Thiller 24/96k off my Fiio X5 when I switched to the Campfire Cascades (wood to steel) I could really appreciate the difference. And I used my HE-500s to try different amps but bypassed most of their ppayer setups by having my spdif and analog line out cables and popped on the songs I had pre-selected on my playlist from Tidal.

But be prepared and ready cus no one likes a table hog.

Jan 27, 2019 at 10:10 PM Post #309 of 884
Bring your favorite cans, player, adapters, and digital/analog interconnects. Oh and a playlist of songs you know well to compare and contrast the difference between all the gear for you to try. For instance last year I had X00s playing Thiller 24/96k off my Fiio X5 when I switched to the Campfire Cascades (wood to steel) I could really appreciate the difference. And I used my HE-500s to try different amps but bypassed most of their ppayer setups by having my spdif and analog line out cables and popped on the songs I had pre-selected on my playlist from Tidal.

I'm bringing a six pack.

Jan 27, 2019 at 10:12 PM Post #311 of 884

Agree... don't be the table hog hahaha

Jan 27, 2019 at 10:14 PM Post #312 of 884
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back