CanJam London 2024 (July 20-21, 2024)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 7, 2024 at 4:19 PM Post #211 of 376
They are usually released the Sunday or Monday of the week that CanJam is on, so probably another week or so to go. Hopefully this one will be longer with more details than last years though!
Thanks for your quick reply! Something to look forward to. I agree on the length and detail, but if the last few previews are something to go by, then I have a good feeling about the next one!

Jul 7, 2024 at 11:58 PM Post #212 of 376
Unlocking the Future of High-Fidelity Wireless Audio
11:00a - Noon

This seminar on lossless audio streaming will discuss the significance and advancements in delivering uncompressed, high-fidelity audio. This includes exploring technical challenges, current progress, and future potential. The session will highlight how wireless protocols, in particular Ultra-Wideband (UWB) technology enables streaming of lossless audio with minimal latency, offering a superior listening experience. Insights into ongoing developments and standards will also be shared, emphasizing the impact on premium audio products and the extension into broader market sectors.
SPEAKER: Gary Spittle, CEO of Sonical and Remora Pro
This is definitely the one I'm most interested. I fully believe an adavanced technology could make a much bigger difference in listening experience rather than just the development of analog audio tech. I've listened to an audio system of Dolby Atmos 5.1 by Onkyo and it's an absolute beast! The listening experience is superior to many stereo systems, even some quite expensive ones like the Focal Utopia EVO.

That saids, I think hi-fidelity wireless audio probably won't trump a traditional wired system as far as sound quality is concerned, like how Dolby did to stereo systems. But right now, the convenience factor is absolutely killing it. Many people have completely given up on the idea of taking out iems and daps and just simply use the TWS. Can't imagine in the future when the true hi-fi tws come out, how many people will still want to take their iems out

Last edited:
Jul 8, 2024 at 11:26 AM Post #213 of 376
Any chances Aroma, Oriolus, and Rhapsodio will be added to the bill?

Also, would Elise Audio being one of the participants mean they have demos for Melodic Artification, Elysian, Lime Ears, PMG (and other brands they feature in their shop) handy at the show?

drftr
Hi, we will have Elysian IEMs and hopefully the new apx SE too

Will Dunu be present as well?
Hi, we will have a few of their IEMs

This will be my first CanJam...ever! Booked for last year's but, in the end, couldn't make it.
Any chance Quloos, Aune or L&P might be represented, or some of their gear?
Hi, we will have some Quloos and Aune products there

Ah yes not "doing" the whole mile just sampling along the way 🍻🍻😊

Just noticed no RAAL this time, bummer as I looked forward to hearing the new cans from them. The original RAAL was one of my top 5 all time best
Hi, we should have the Immanis there

Does anyone know if Modhouse will be represented at all? Last year, the last thing I did was listen to the Tungsten. It was on a French SS/Tube amp I can’t remember the name of on the Hifonix stand. It was good, but I was knackered so would like to listen again with time rather than rushing at the end.
Hi, we will bring our Tungsten DS

Guys,

I will be taking ZMF VC, ZMF AO and Arya Stealth. Happy for anyone to have a listen. I really want to hear Tungsten; anyone taking them?
Hi, we will be bringing our Tungsten DS

Jul 8, 2024 at 1:03 PM Post #214 of 376
Hi, we will have Elysian IEMs and hopefully the new apx SE too

Hi, we will have a few of their IEMs

Hi, we will have some Quloos and Aune products there

Hi, we should have the Immanis there

Hi, we will bring our Tungsten DS

Hi, we will be bringing our Tungsten DS
Eighteen Master also?

Jul 11, 2024 at 10:02 AM Post #218 of 376
We are excited for this year's London Canjam!

As @Sayed2020 mentioned, we will have some of this year's hottest releases. And also a couple of exclusive previews...

Something new might also be coming. Stay tuned 😎
Im looking forward to visiting your stall. Ive bought a few products from you previously and excited to try some new iems!

Jul 11, 2024 at 10:17 AM Post #219 of 376

As @Sayed2020 mentioned, we will have some of this year's hottest releases. And also a couple of exclusive previews...

Don't be a tease! Give us a clue at least! 🤣

Jul 11, 2024 at 1:17 PM Post #221 of 376
Never been on a Can Jam but would love to assist
I'm from Barcelona and there's no way here to test the ZMF Caldera that I'm dying to hear, specially on different amp&dacs cause coming from Arya Stealth + a humble DX3pro+ I'm looking for a full new system

- Do they offer discounts? Caldera is around 3500 in USA and in Europe 4200 I believe, plus blind buy online, less colours, etc... so buying there sounds a nice option except for possible future warranty or repair issues
- If a european outside UK would bought some headphones or tech.... can we pass them in the suitcase back home? or how probably is that we have to pay taxes at the airport?

Jul 11, 2024 at 1:31 PM Post #222 of 376
I'm from Barcelona and there's no way here to test the ZMF Caldera that I'm dying to hear, specially on different amp&dacs cause coming from Arya Stealth + a humble DX3pro+ I'm looking for a full new system

- Do they offer discounts? Caldera is around 3500 in USA and in Europe 4200 I believe, plus blind buy online, less colours, etc... so buying there sounds a nice option except for possible future warranty or repair issues
- If a european outside UK would bought some headphones or tech.... can we pass them in the suitcase back home? or how probably is that we have to pay taxes at the airport?
I can't speak for taxes, but yes ZMF should have show discounts this year similar to how they did last year. There will be a list in their suite containing prices of various items, but also note that they usually bring along several B-stock and/or show-only headphones which are unique and thus on a first come, first serve basis. Maybe @zach915m can add more here if they have anything special lined up for the show.

Jul 11, 2024 at 1:35 PM Post #223 of 376
I can't speak for taxes, but yes ZMF should have show discounts this year similar to how they did last year. There will be a list in their suite containing prices of various items, but also note that they usually bring along several B-stock and/or show-only headphones which are unique and thus on a first come, first serve basis. Maybe @zach915m can add more here if they have anything special lined up for the show.
That about sums it up. 😂

Bringing some exciting stuff for sure!

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Jul 11, 2024 at 2:14 PM Post #224 of 376

I expect you would have to pay import duties as the UK is no longer in the EU. If I was buying items from Spain I would have to pay 20% VAT. I would check online what import duties are liable on items being imported into Spain before purchase.

Jul 11, 2024 at 2:51 PM Post #225 of 376

I wrote an email to Elise Audio about a product on their store and they never replied...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back