CanJam London 2023 (August 19-20, 2023)
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 11, 2023 at 1:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 432
London2023.jpg

It's almost that time again! We're so happy to return to London this summer! CanJam London 2023 will take place at the beautiful Park Plaza Westminster Bridge, right in the heart of Central London. SAVE THE DATES and be sure to subscribe to the thread for updates!

CanJam London 2023 Preview!

London calling! And CanJam answers with new DAPs, IEMs from faraway places, new tube amps, desktop rigs that take up very little of your desktop, desktop rigs that take up a lot of your desktop, new air motion transformer action, and much more!

CanJam London 2023
Park Plaza Westminster Bridge
200 Westminster Bridge Road
London SE1 7UT
United Kingdom

Saturday, August 19, 2023
10am to 6pm

Sunday, August 20, 2023
10am to 5pm

Show Passes (Click here to purchase)
Weekend Pass - £30
One Day Pass - £20

Travel
The Park Plaza Westminster Bridge Hotel in London is situated in London's South Bank, within walking distance of the city's most iconic attractions, including Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament. The hotel's location near the London Eye, Shrek's Adventure! London, the London Aquarium and the National Theatre makes Park Plaza the perfect accommodation for tourists and business guests. Spacious hotel rooms, including 65 Suites and Penthouses and more than 500 Studio Rooms, ensure guests a comfortable stay in this contemporary, design-led Westminster Bridge hotel. Waterloo and Westminster tube stations are a five-minute walk from the hotel.

The hotel is offering a 15% off discount on rooms booked between August 16-22. Click here to book your reservation and make sure to enter Promo Code CAN23 under the “Selected Rate” drop down menu.

CanJam Volunteers
There will be volunteer staff positions at CanJam London 2023 to assist at the Registration Desk. You will need to be able to commit to a 4 hour shift on either the Saturday or Sunday of the event. Volunteers will receive free weekend passes along with an event T-Shirt. If you are interested, please send me a PM or email to ethan@canjam.org with your full name, email address, and T-Shirt size.

We look forward to seeing you in London!

London_23_avatar720x720_v1.jpg

May 11, 2023 at 1:10 PM Post #2 of 432
26931683561549_.pic.jpg

dCS
FiiO
Headfonia
HiFi PiG

London23_Header_exhibitors.jpg

64 Audio
Astell&Kern
Audeze
Benchmark Audio
Campfire Audio
Canpur
Chord Electronics
dCS
Dekoni Audio
EAR Micro
EarMen
Effect Audio
Electromod
Eletech
Elise Audio
Elysian Acoustic Labs
Etymotic
Ferrum Audio
FiiO
final
FiR Audio
Flash Acoustics
Focal
HEDD
Hifiman
Hifonix
ICELAB
iFi Audio
InEar
Kinera
KS Distribution
LETSHUOER
Linsoul Audio
Lucid Audio
Manley Labs
Mass Kobo
Meze Audio
Nightjar Acoustics
Noble Audio
qdc
Questyle
RAAL-requisite
Satri Circuit Labs
Sennheiser
Soundz
Spirit Torino
Subtonic
Symphonium Audio
T10 Bespoke
ThieAudio
Topping
Ultimate Ears Pro
Vision Ears
Westone
Yamaha
ZMFheadphones

Last edited:
May 11, 2023 at 1:11 PM Post #3 of 432
London23_Header_Merchandise.jpg

CanJam London 2023 Limited Edition Merch now available for online pre-order! Premium T-Shirts and Commemorative Posters can now be ordered online at the following link: https://canjamglobal.com/shows/london2023/ On the CanJam London 2023 show page, scroll down until you reach the "Limited Edition Merch" section to place your order. T-Shirts are £35 and Posters (A1 Size) are £15.

All Merch pre-orders must be picked at the Registration Desk during show hours on August 19-20. The deadline for online merch orders for CanJam London 2023 is Monday, August 7. We will have a few extra T-Shirts in various sizes, and Posters on hand as well. CanJam London 2023 volunteers do not need to order their own as we will be providing them with a T-Shirt and Poster directly.

CanJam-London-2023_T-Shirt_FINAL.jpg

CanJam-London-2023_Poster_FINAL (1).jpg

CanJam-London-2023_Concept_FINAL.jpg

Last edited:
May 11, 2023 at 1:13 PM Post #4 of 432
London23_Header_seminars.jpg

Come join us in the Plaza 12-13 Suites on the Lower Lobby level (-1) directly above the main exhibit area of CanJam London 2023 for a series of interactive discussion panels with some of the industry’s leading experts in audio technology.

Saturday, August 19, 2023

12:00p - 1:00p It's About Time; An Introducing to Piezo-MEMS µSpeakers

Recent developments by xMEMS Labs, of Santa Clara, CA has resulted in a new transduction mechanism called Piezo-MEMS µSpeakers. Piezo-MEMS µSpeakers have unique attributes and inherent behaviors that out-class traditional coil based dynamic drivers and balanced armature receivers. xMEMS µSpeakers are fabricated in a semiconductor process, which results in highly uniform and precise transducers. These new µSpeakers are being used in consumer audio products including TWS earbuds and audiophile IEM as well as professional In Ear Monitors, and most recently, headphones. The presentation will include a technical primer covering theory of operation, design, fabrication, packaging, reliability and testing as well as listening demos of xMEMS latest Audiophile IEMs.
Presenter: Michael Ricci, Sr. Director of Electroacoustic Engineering, xMEMS Labs

2:00p - 3:00p Pro Audio vs Audiophilia - Two Worlds Collide

Pro audio and audiophile playback systems can often sound distinctly different, with seemingly fundamental clashes in their goals. While professionals typically insist on flat frequency response and detail, audiophiles tend to favor immersiveness and emotionality. And yet, these two worlds must collide to bring about the enjoyment that we all prize - but where? Join Chris Berens (Audeze Artist Relations) for some fascinating insights on the differences between pro audio and audiophile priorities, preferences, and products — and how we strangely end up hearing the same thing.
Presenter: Chris Berens, Artist Relations, Audeze

3:00p - 4:00p DAC Architectures: The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly

Although digital audio is ubiquitous these days, finding an optimal DAC (Digital-to-Analog Converter) remains a complicated, and often confusing, task. Join Rob Watts, Digital Design Consultant for Chord Electronics, as he explores the various DAC architectures commonly employed today, and breaks down the strengths and weaknesses of each. Finally, personal preferences aside, learn the objective criteria by which all digital-to-analog conversion methods should be judged for high fidelity audio applications.
Presenter: Rob Watts, Chord Electronics

------------------------------------------------------------------

Sunday, August 20, 2023

2:00p - 3:00 How Interpolation Filters and Transients Crucially Affect Sound Quality

Join us for an invaluable hour of insight into how digital interpolation filters work. This seminar will cover: understanding the importance of interpolation filtering and transients; realizing just how much time domain performance can dictate fidelity and realism, and much more. If you didn’t understand any of that, and you are currently pursuing an endgame rig with a digital source, then this is one seminar you won’t want to miss.
Presenter: Rob Watts, Chord Electronics

3:00p - 4:00p Ask The Reviewers @ CanJam London 2023!

What was best-in-show at CanJam London 2023? Does burn-in exist? Do cables make a difference? How much power does the Susvara truly need? What is the best in-ear monitor or headphone, for my music, within my budget? You have questions, bring them to our panel of expert reviewers. Join Koji Ghafoor (Convince Me Audio), Jude Mansilla (Head-Fi.org), Cameron Oatley a.k.a. Goldensound (Headphones.com), and Oscar Stewart (HiFi Pig) as they answer them all live, and in real time!

Last edited:
May 11, 2023 at 1:14 PM Post #5 of 432
London23_Header_showspecials.jpg

Astell+Kern10% off entire A&K range
SR35 & Free case & 10% off - RRP £868 / Show price £719
SE180 Bundle (SE180/SEM4/Leather Case) - RRP £1867 / Show Price £999
Dekoni20% off purchases made at show
Effect AudioUp to 20% off (10% off for all products except Centurion and new Fusion 1 +5% off for writing a review + 5% off for sharing on social media
Free giveaways - Cadmus 8W and Eros S 1st AE
Special Bundles - Gaea + Code 23 Bundle Deal ($1,499 USD)
Elysian Acoustic LabsSpecial Bundles for ANNIHILATOR 2023 and DIVA 2023
FiiO15% off all FiiO products using voucher code CJ2315 at checkout at amp3.co.uk (Code active until 27th August. Not applicable to clearance items)
FiR Audio15% off all products
Visit the FiR booth, and audition the Radon6 for a chance to win a custom RN6
HifonixVisit booth for a comprehensive list of show specials
LETSHUOERVisit booth for show special pricing on all products. Limited stock of S12/S12 Pro open box with extra discount, will also be available until stock runs out.
Noble Audio20% off purchases made at show
SennheiserEnjoy 10% off when purchasing at the show
Visit us at booth D1 to enter the prize draw for a pair of legendary Sennheiser HD800s audiophile headphones
Spirit Torino15% discount on orders using code "CanJamLondon2023"
Vision Ears15% discount for all V-E line custom earphones

Last edited:
May 11, 2023 at 3:19 PM Post #6 of 432
I volunteer! Can I have a badge please?

May 12, 2023 at 4:23 AM Post #9 of 432
Flights, hotel and tickets booked!! Count us in ... !! (Now to figure out how to get this by my wife as she doesn't know yet that we'll be going :thinking: :see_no_evil: :wink:)

May 12, 2023 at 4:43 AM Post #10 of 432
Flights, hotel and tickets booked!! Count us in ... !! (Now to figure out how to get this by my wife as she doesn't know yet that we'll be going :thinking: :see_no_evil: :wink:)
Use the 'Anniversary' route.. 😁
That's how I got by with CanJam NYC! 🤣 Wife went shopping... I went to CanJam! Sorted!

May 12, 2023 at 4:50 AM Post #11 of 432
Use the 'Anniversary' route.. 😁
That's how I got by with CanJam NYC! 🤣 Wife went shopping... I went to CanJam! Sorted!
My wife's taste in clothes and handbags is somewhat prohibitive in terms of remaining budget for audio .. Not sure if that's the way I would like to handle this :wink:

May 12, 2023 at 5:33 AM Post #13 of 432
I'd love to visit. Just can't afford the hotels since I live in Leeds not London. I've always dreamed of attending a CanJam.

May 12, 2023 at 5:48 AM Post #14 of 432
My wife's taste in clothes and handbags is somewhat prohibitive in terms of remaining budget for audio .. Not sure if that's the way I would like to handle this :wink:
Aldi and Primark... 😉

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back