Separate names with a comma.
Not happened yet
Campfire Audio added to exhibitor list!
Audioquest added to exhibitor list!
Are Sennheiser attending? I'm going now anyway as I have my tickets, travel and accommodation all booked................
Looking forward to the preview video from Jude!
I plan to visit CanJam in London this year, but as it will be my first event of this type I have some questions.
1. I use HD800S at home and it will be great if it it possible to try the gear on the event with the same headphones. Do you think the HD800S will be at the event and it will be possible to try DACs and amps with them? I guess that depends on the booths that are there, but anyway...I'm mainly interested to thy Chord and Schiit products with the HD800S as I plan to buy a better DAC. Additionally, I'm interested to try some top tube amps, possibly Woo Audio.
I might bring my own HD800S, but will not feel very comfortable carrying the headphones around Europe in my backpack...
2. Will it be appropriate to bring my own HD800S to the event?
3. I heard some people saying they listened for 1-2 hours at such events before making a purchase. Isn't this too long? I mean, there will be a lot of people wanting to try the same gear. How long is appropriate to stay and listen to particular audio set?
4. Is it appropriate to switch between gear on a particular booth? Or are the peaces of hardware statically hooked and no changed can't be made. For example, what if Yggdrasil is hooked to Ragnarok, but I want to hear it with another amp?
5. Are discounts to be expected on the event?
1-2. You can certainly bring your HD 800 S to the show for auditions, but do keep in mind that there will be a number of people in close proximity, and the ambient volume of a CanJam can sometimes become distracting depending on what's taking place around you when listening. My opinion, if you know the HD 800 S the best and that's what you plan to use with the gear you're trying, it's worth considering bringing it. The HD 800 S is a popular headphone for sure, and a number of exhibitors have used them as demo headphones in the past, so you may not need to bring yours out often. It's often encouraged to have a reference headphone with you to test sources, and possibly a reference portable source to test headphones.
3. You'll have to play that one by ear. If a booth is busy, I tend to give a quick listen and move down the line. If there's space and nobody is waiting to try the gear I'm currently using, then it's usually ok to sit and listen in longer stints. If in doubt, check with one of the exhibitors. They might be able to facilitate a longer demo session for you.
4. Always ask the exhibitor if you can make a change before disconnecting something. Some will let you, some won't be able to due to their setups. In my experience, it's generally acceptable to move a pair of headphones from one stack to another at the same exhibit, but it's best to make sure before moving things around. Changing up a DAC/amp combo is more involved and may not be an option.
5. Some exhibitors will offer discounts at the show. Keep an eye on this thread, and we'll post them as we get closer to the event. The at-show deals typically go up a week or two before the show. If you happen to miss the post, you can usually find printed sheets highlighting the at-show deals at the registration table.
Mysphere Headphones added to exhibitor list!
HEDD added to exhibitor list!
I would bring your own headphones as i know we would not have these on the Schiit booth and i also think Chord use Audeze so it might be best for you to bring your if you want to listern to these headphones with this gear.
I always bring my HD650 and dap. With the new exhibitors this is shaping to be another fantastic canjam. Can't wait!!!
@third_eye Off-topic, but....you still planning a CanJam Shanghai this year? Any idea of dates (even ballpark)? Sorry to butt in!
November 9-10, 2019 at the Shanghai Marriott Hotel City Centre, according to the CanJam Global website.
Disappointing that Sennheiser no longer take the UK market seriously. 2nd year running that they are absent.