CanJam London 2017 (July 15-16, 2017)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 11, 2017 at 2:30 PM Post #346 of 416
In order to recognize each other, may I suggest that we modify our CanJam badges to include our Avatar ?

This will be mine :)

Jul 11, 2017 at 5:55 PM Post #347 of 416
We're excited to be attending and exhibiting at our first CanJam! We'll be showcasing the launch lineup of our new brand The Audio Session, including the Debut Black Label and Debut Titanium Label headphones.

We'll also be hosting a giveaway for these two headphones - the details can be found both on site (Westminster Ballroom Booth 48) and on our Facebook page.

Hope to see you there!

The dual driver Black Label looks interesting - what sort of price will they be going for if you are selling any on the weekend?

Jul 11, 2017 at 5:57 PM Post #349 of 416
And @moedawg140 - congratulations on a smoother trip through the joys of UK Customs this time around! Looking forward to putting some faces to names I have seen in the threads on here (that goes for you too, @Layman1 ).

Jul 11, 2017 at 7:58 PM Post #351 of 416
Thanks @episiarch, @DroidSkin and @AndrewH13 for your kindness!

Welcome to the UK! :right_facing_fist:
Thank you, appreciate it! :left_facing_fist: (brown-skinned fist bump)
Awesome, have a safe flight, and see you soon!
And @moedawg140 - congratulations on a smoother trip through the joys of UK Customs this time around! Looking forward to putting some faces to names I have seen in the threads on here (that goes for you too, @Layman1 ).
Appreciate the comment, @Jackpot77!

Had to take a few deep breaths as I got near to customs officers, as I didn't want to be a part of the pre-holding cell area (or worse), unfortunate souls that I saw today. I gave the customs officer my Global Entry card with a smile, knowing he was going to say the U.S. accepts them but isn't needed in the U.K. He said that but also said "you're gonna give me all of the documentation that helps you out the most, aren't you?" I replied "you got that right! " And then I laughed almost maniacally. After I went through customs without a hitch this time, I saw the back of a person who looked exactly like the person who directed and interrogated me for over 5 hours last year. I was going to say something, but...that would have been awkward if it wasn't him and even more awkward in my opinion if he didn't remember me!

Anywhos, happy to go from the super hot weather of Southern California to the current rainy and damp weather of London. The forecast looks good coming up though, so it should be fun traveling around the U.K. for the time I'm here.

On the way to the hotel
IMG_1539.JPG

Arrived at hub, near Big Ben
IMG_1541.JPG

Lounge area - swanky
IMG_1546.JPG

A framed saying in the lounge
IMG_1547.JPG

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2017 at 9:16 PM Post #352 of 416
So the Hub by Premier's Inn is as good as in the pictures? :) Nice!

Jul 11, 2017 at 11:39 PM Post #354 of 416
The dual driver Black Label looks interesting - what sort of price will they be going for if you are selling any on the weekend?

We won't be selling them at the booth but they should be available on our Amazon US or Amazon UK store around this weekend. In the meantime you can join our giveaway campaign on site!

Jul 12, 2017 at 1:33 AM Post #355 of 416
Anywhos, happy to go from the super hot weather of Southern California to the current rainy and damp weather of London. The forecast looks good coming up though, so it should be fun traveling around the U.K. for the time I'm here.

A framed saying in the lounge
That is some amazing timing because the weather here has been nothing but sunshine and heat for weeks. June was a record month for the number of days with 30+ C (86 degrees F) temperatures in a row... Which the Aussies mocked us for because that is what they call "Winter". :sweat_smile:

Jul 12, 2017 at 4:11 AM Post #356 of 416

So glad you had a smooth Customs entry this time!

Its been unbearably humid the last fortnight, we have hardly any domestic Air Con in this country so been very hard to sleep.
Been waiting for the rain to clear the air! Anyway, cooler but should be a pleasant few days now.

Bought Pioneer XDP100 DAP in Amazon Prime sale yesterday, didn't see that one coming! Not into streaming, but for £220 couldn't resist, and Bluetooth be handy in bath to a small speaker!

Have a good time, PM sent.

Jul 12, 2017 at 4:50 AM Post #357 of 416
So glad you had a smooth Customs entry this time!

Its been unbearably humid the last fortnight, we have hardly any domestic Air Con in this country so been very hard to sleep.
Been waiting for the rain to clear the air! Anyway, cooler but should be a pleasant few days now.

Bought Pioneer XDP100 DAP in Amazon Prime sale yesterday, didn't see that one coming! Not into streaming, but for £220 couldn't resist, and Bluetooth be handy in bath to a small speaker!

Have a good time, PM sent.

Ordered the Pioneer yesterday as well, same here, don't need but couldn't resist. Then spent £80 on memory cards for it!
Still not sure if I'll make it. Can't do Saturday as wife out so will have the kids. We're selling up in the UK and moving to Oz in a few weeks, so really haven't got the time on Sunday, but since when has anything got in the way of all things Head-fi!

Jul 12, 2017 at 3:19 PM Post #358 of 416
I just got myself a HD800S in the Sennheiser store in Germany. I guess I am already broke for CanJam.

Jul 12, 2017 at 3:32 PM Post #359 of 416
Any news on the HE-1 Tracklist?

Getting pretty excited, hopefully can get a Smyth A16 demo too. Shame I can only come on the Sunday. Does anyone have any other tips for the show, how to approach the sheer number of booths etc. I was also wondering if I want to listen to my own music what is the best way to bring it, cd, on my phone or do booths tend to have access to services like Tidal?

Jul 12, 2017 at 3:51 PM Post #360 of 416
Any news on the HE-1 Tracklist?

Getting pretty excited, hopefully can get a Smyth A16 demo too. Shame I can only come on the Sunday. Does anyone have any other tips for the show, how to approach the sheer number of booths etc. I was also wondering if I want to listen to my own music what is the best way to bring it, cd, on my phone or do booths tend to have access to services like Tidal?
Just like you i only have 1 day , so :
1 : make sure to be there as soon as the doors open
2 : make a short list of booths you really want to visit and visit those first
3 : compile a list of songs you really know well on your phone or DAP
4 : have fun !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back