CanJam London 2017 (July 15-16, 2017)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 12, 2017 at 3:54 PM Post #361 of 416
And @moedawg140 - congratulations on a smoother trip through the joys of UK Customs this time around! Looking forward to putting some faces to names I have seen in the threads on here (that goes for you too, @Layman1 ).

@Jackpot77 You too! You'll find me manning the iBasso stall this year :D

Jul 12, 2017 at 4:23 PM Post #362 of 416
Just like you i only have 1 day , so :
1 : make sure to be there as soon as the doors open
2 : make a short list of booths you really want to visit and visit those first
3 : compile a list of songs you really know well on your phone or DAP
4 : have fun !

Not off to a great start getting there about 12 earliest train I could manage. Having never really heard a lot of higher end stuff I really want to hear Audeze, Focal, Final, Mr Speakers, Stax and hifiman stuff as well as schiit gear and thats not even touching Daps or IEMs, Gah is gonna be a rush.

I think point 4 is a given :)

Jul 12, 2017 at 4:34 PM Post #363 of 416
CanJam London 2017 Attendees! Register here to experience the Sennheiser HE 1 - the legendary Orpheus - Reborn! Listening slots are available on a first come first serve basis, and one listening slot is allowed per registered CanJam attendee. You will need to input your CanJam Eventbrite ticket number in the form, CanJam London Volunteers can input "Volunteer" in this field.

The HE 1 will be in a private (and quiet) room on the Plaza Suited level of the Park Plaza Westminster Bridge, one level above the main CanJam London 2017 space. Listening sessions are limited to the provided music source and external sources will not be allowed.

Any chance we can get a list of the songs before hand so we can familiarize ourselves with the music?

No guarantees, but @Evshrug might have a list.

Thanks Ethan, and Brian :wink:
Some of these songs aren't available on streaming services, and of course it's not good to wear out a song... but here are some of the songs we'll have available at the show:
IMG_0724.jpg

In Munich High End, many of these songs were spread out among SACDs. Rest assured, we will be supplying a broad variety of high quality and well mastered music :)

No guarantees, but if you bring a CD, we'll see what we can do :wink: Just keep in mind, swapping discs eats some listening time!

Sennheiser Stay updated on Sennheiser at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/SennheiserUSA https://twitter.com/SennheiserUSA http://www.instagram.com/sennheiser https://sennheiser.com/
Jul 12, 2017 at 5:27 PM Post #364 of 416
Some of these songs aren't available on streaming services, and of course it's not good to wear out a song... but here are some of the songs we'll have available at the show:

In Munich High End, many of these songs were spread out among SACDs. Rest assured, we will be supplying a broad variety of high quality and well mastered music :)

No guarantees, but if you bring a CD, we'll see what we can do :wink: Just keep in mind, swapping discs eats some listening time!

I already heard this CD on your booth last year. Is there a way we can purchase those Sennheiser demo disk ?

Jul 12, 2017 at 6:12 PM Post #365 of 416
So the Hub by Premier's Inn is as good as in the pictures? :) Nice!
Even better than pictures! I do have a few more pictures of hub:

Selectable room settings at headboard
IMG_1678.JPG

Power headquarters
IMG_1679.JPG

I'll be using my scooter to walk around with the wife tomorrow
IMG_1681.JPG
@moedawg140, that looks really nice!
Thanks! Yours looks amazing as well - love the view of Big Ben from the lobby area!
That is some amazing timing because the weather here has been nothing but sunshine and heat for weeks. June was a record month for the number of days with 30+ C (86 degrees F) temperatures in a row... Which the Aussies mocked us for because that is what they call "Winter". :sweat_smile:
It's only been sunny once so far this trip, but happy it's been staying relatively cool, and currently not raining!

So glad you had a smooth Customs entry this time!

Its been unbearably humid the last fortnight, we have hardly any domestic Air Con in this country so been very hard to sleep.
Been waiting for the rain to clear the air! Anyway, cooler but should be a pleasant few days now.

Bought Pioneer XDP100 DAP in Amazon Prime sale yesterday, didn't see that one coming! Not into streaming, but for £220 couldn't resist, and Bluetooth be handy in bath to a small speaker!

Have a good time, PM sent.
Having air conditioner is so vital for a comfortable life, especially if you're hot-blooded and sweat easily like myself!

Congrats on the Pioneer DAP!

Thanks for the PM, it's going to be fun hanging out at another part of the country, soon!

Went to Wimbledon today, glad to see some great games, and even got a glimpse of Murray - he looked in high spirits even after his defeat. The gift shop will get you - so much stuff that you may want to get! I really wanted the over-sized tennis racket, but it would have costed a pretty penny (about $600 USD, plus shipping fees)

Here's Andy Murray with one that looks very similar
IMG_1682.JPG

Pics from The Championships, Wimbledon today:

My favorite tube stop, yet!
IMG_1578.JPG

Made it!
IMG_1590.JPG

Great 3-set Girl's Doubles Match
IMG_1602.JPG

IMG_1605.JPG

The Aorangi Hill - lovely
IMG_1653.JPG

I had to...they don't sound very festive, though. :slight_smile:
IMG_1675.JPG

Tomorrow should bring even more fun - looking forward to seeing everyone before or at CanJam!

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2017 at 6:58 PM Post #366 of 416

Any tips on how to burn a cd with the highest possible audio, I imagine a lot of the music I was thinking is availible in Flac but not native dsd. I imagine burning audio with Itunes is not the ideal solution

Jul 12, 2017 at 11:20 PM Post #367 of 416
Mm...re: HE 1 playlist, I am assuming that the Sennheiser team will be using a laptop or Mac to feed the demo unit (just like during CanJam Singapore 2017) and auditioners will be allowed to select 2 to 3 tunes of their choice, and, if so, look for Eric Bibb tracks (Acoustic blues). In particular, tracks from his latest album, Migration Blues. I have tested this album on my HE 1. In one word, magic. There's still time to familiarize yourself with the material. Just a user feedback.

https://m.soundcloud.com/stony-plain-records/eric-bibb-refugee-moan

Last edited:
Jul 13, 2017 at 3:19 AM Post #368 of 416
I'm free for a couple of hours tomorrow afternoon if anyone is having an impromptu catch up...

If not, all being well, I'll try and sneak some time in on the weekend.

I'm the least head-fi orientated person ever right now, just running an iPhone 7 Plus and ZST IEMs (£17), how times change.

Jul 13, 2017 at 4:49 AM Post #369 of 416
I never really get excited by the concept of "the weekend", I really enjoy what I do, don't really see it as work... that said, its Thursday, and I'm so looking forward to this weekend... :) \o/

Jul 13, 2017 at 4:57 AM Post #370 of 416
I had to...they don't sound very festive, though. :slight_smile:

Tomorrow should bring even more fun - looking forward to seeing everyone before or at CanJam!

Looks a fun day, good souvenir :)

You should see some sun today in London!

Jul 13, 2017 at 5:00 AM Post #371 of 416
I'm free for a couple of hours tomorrow afternoon if anyone is having an impromptu catch up...

I'm the least head-fi orientated person ever right now, just running an iPhone 7 Plus and ZST IEMs (£17), how times change.

Most people trading up, LOL.

I remember you adding an amp even to your portable in-coat AR setup:L3000:

Just shows, at the end of the day, its about enjoying music.

Jul 13, 2017 at 9:37 AM Post #372 of 416
I never really get excited by the concept of "the weekend", I really enjoy what I do, don't really see it as work... that said, its Thursday, and I'm so looking forward to this weekend... :) \o/
I know this feeling well. It's not uncommon for me to be sitting at home on Saturday or Sunday and think, "It'd be nice to be at the office right now." Glad to hear CanJam is making you look forward to the weekend.

Jul 13, 2017 at 1:05 PM Post #373 of 416

Poor music through good headphones is just a better quality of poor, good music through poor headphones is still damn enjoyable. It's all about the tunes, not the tuning - that's what I keep reminding myself when this "hobby" gets a little too obsessive! :wink:

Jul 13, 2017 at 2:35 PM Post #375 of 416
Arriving there tomorrow afternoon :)
I hope this end of EU Roaming fees means I'll be able to use my mobile data with peace there to coordinate with events

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back