1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

CanJam London 2016 Impressions Thread (August 13-14, 2016)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6
8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Next

Last
  1. Dr Jekyll
    Great thanks to everyone that exhibited for us. Had a great day, and me and my two friends all won something. Does it get better? Can Jam looted for a grand.

2. krismusic Contributor

I was absolutely stunned by the Realiser. I do wonder how much the visual cue of having speakers in front of me contributed to the effect. I am very tempted. Especially if there is a version that is not so fugly!

3. AndrewH13

Would love to have joined you for a bit of Ping, but know you had karting yesterday. Have a great night.

4. Middy
    Hate myself for missing this...Flow seems to be a winner for team Mr Speakers... Was the magic Electrostatic version on show?

5. moedawg140 Contributor

The fact that I had Karting yesterday would mean it would be better for you come to Bounce I would presume! The night is young, but if you can't make it, we'll miss you there!

6. AndrewH13

Actually like the retro looks. It did seem amazing. When I think of the money spent over the years on speakers, and have no chance now of more than 5.1, this could be a bargain for home cinema use. Was told of ways round not having 11 channel speakers in situ for the once off emulation. Now most stereo listening has gone to iem/headphones, I could quite easily watch films with my wife without any speakers in the room. Big bonus of Realiser 16, two outputs with individual volume. Great design I will keep tabs on.

7. AndrewH13

Afraid I am 50 miles and over two hours travelling away from London. And I'd feel like burning your shirt, way I feel having watched Gooners today :). Have fun.

8. AndrewH13
    Forgot to compliment organisers on hotel chosen and its location. Barbara and I had a very nice walk along SouthBank last night before heading home.

image.jpg

image.jpg

9. darkdoorway
    Kept returning to the audio-opus stall. Opus #11 with my Ciems is now my main rig. Amazed the Opus could be that good. Was originally planning on walking out with the QP1R.

Other than that - the FLC celeste prototype was also a keeper....well, when they release it :)

Edit: Also the etymotic 4xr will be replacing my aging HF5 :)

10. AndrewH13

That's wasn't possible at the show. But they are despatching a QP1R to me Monday :). 2nd year running, it's been my favourite sounding stand-alone DAP.

11. bmichels
    WooAudio WA8 + Focal Utopia = best transportable set-up of the show. Very impactfull, very precise and a super good dynamic. Some sort of a "Baby Stax" :)

12. teacher1000
    I thoroughly enjoyed the Smyth Realiser A16, and so did my wife. Thanks to Stephen, Mike and Steve, who were down-to-earth, informative and modest about their amazing product. I'm really looking forward to full-surround over headphones for watching movies.

13. Duncan Moderator
    I'm happy with my rejuvenated Layla's, originally with new stock cable, then at the last moment, I purchased Moon Audio Silver Dragon 2 cable... Happy times...

Also bought Trinity Audio Phantom Sabre, and a job lot of Trinity hybrid tips...

Happy times X 2...

Customer service from JH Audio was exemplary, sorting me out a new case for my Layla's after I managed to smash mine... Happy times X 3...

All in all a great weekend, here is to 2017!

Sceptre likes this.
  14. pctazhp
    Greetings from Arizona. You all are a classy looking group [​IMG]

15. smial1966
    Well it certainly looks as though London CanJam 2016 was a resounding success, so congratulations to the organisers, event sponsors and of course attendees.

Not wishing to derail this thread, but UK Head-Fiers might be interested to know that next April in Milton Keynes, we are holding another members meet. This is a non commercial event and is basically an opportunity for us all to meet up, listen to other folks gear and have a jolly good time.

The event thread is here - http://www.head-fi.org/t/816392/2017-uk-head-fi-meet-april-2nd-milton-keynes

So please stop by and keep the wonderful Head-Fi ethos going.

Peace and love,

Andy.

First

Back
1 2 3 4 5 6
8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
Next

Last
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.