CanJam London 2016 (August 13-14, 2016)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 23, 2016 at 9:04 PM Post #451 of 688
I'll be up from Australia. This will be my first CanJam or any sort of audio gathering. Looking forward to meeting some of you guys and trying out some of the gear, especially the MSB setup and I'm tipping everything will make for an experience I won't forget.

Any other Aussies coming up?

Jul 23, 2016 at 10:36 PM Post #453 of 688
Has everybody got tickets for the pre-game show?

I'm a CAMRA member, so can get tickets at £9 advance. If I buy six tickets, we get to split £12 in ale vouchers. If anyone is interested in going, PM me. I'd love to share a pint with you on Friday. 
beerchug.gif

Jul 24, 2016 at 2:24 AM Post #454 of 688
Has everybody got tickets for the pre-game show?

I'm a CAMRA member, so can get tickets at £9 advance. If I buy six tickets, we get to split £12 in ale vouchers. If anyone is interested in going, PM me. I'd love to share a pint with you on Friday. :beerchug:

That sounds great. I'm not a beer or ale person but really love cider so there should be something for me as well. I'd love to go.

Jul 24, 2016 at 8:22 AM Post #455 of 688
Will do, thanks.
Can I get the London CanJam badge please?

Jul 24, 2016 at 1:41 PM Post #457 of 688
Can't wait to see the $200,000 setup someone makes to one-up this.
i can...

When will it stop lol...

You could buy a hyper car for the same money, or a half decent house (albeit not in London!)

Would still be good to have a listen though

Jul 24, 2016 at 2:17 PM Post #458 of 688
If its a little tighter than last year, better try up a size please, if you have XXL?

AndrewH13 | XXL | 1

Jul 24, 2016 at 7:00 PM Post #459 of 688
Jude,
Thanks you for the opportunity to listen to the MSB system. It is the best system I have ever listen to (I have not listen to the new Orpheus). The sound is so real , fluid and dynamic that is difficult to express in words. Obviously at $145K better be
eek.gif
To all our Headfi friends assisting CanJam London try to have the opportunity to listen to this system it really is an opportunity that does not come often in a lifetime.

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Jul 24, 2016 at 10:00 PM Post #461 of 688
Im afraid it will only get worse. It's not as much about sound quality anymore as it is about money and marketing. Ever notice how it's always an "upgrade" when spending more money? These guys noticed

Jul 24, 2016 at 10:38 PM Post #462 of 688
Im afraid it will only get worse. It's not as much about sound quality anymore as it is about money and marketing. Ever notice how it's always an "upgrade" when spending more money? These guys noticed

Have you heard it? Like I said in my post (and as @musicman59 said in his), it's an amazing system to listen to. Would I spend that kind of money on a headphone system, in any circumstance (certainly not in my reality, and likely not even in fantasy)? Probably not.

I hope companies keep making hypercars, too, even though my current reality is a Honda Fit. It's not like if I choose to upgrade my car, the only place to go from my Fit is a Porsche 918.

Very soon, we'll be returning this system to MSB. The next time I'll get to hear it will be for a limited time at CanJam London, and I'll make sure to take that opportunity to do so. After that, I'll likely never hear it again outside of shows--and I'll still thrill to my favorite systems here, including another Stax rig that can't match the MSB setup for resolution, but remains the best system we have here (and was the best Stax rig I'd heard up until now).

Many go to auto shows to see the stuff they'll never buy, or be able to afford to buy. I drive a Fit every day, but even I won't go to the North American International Auto Show (which takes place just 25 minutes away every year) just to see the latest version of the Fit.

That this system and the Sennheiser HE-1 Orpheus will be in the same building at the same time...that's cool. I don't need to be able to afford them to appreciate how groovy this is.

Jul 25, 2016 at 12:44 AM Post #463 of 688
jude

My last response got a little off topic (sometimes I tend to wonder off with my typing) :blush: but to respond to your question.. No I've never heard it, but if I did and felt like it was worth it then I'd buy it.

I definitely respect both Sennheiser Orpheus and MSB's marketing department and pricing! It's the most expensive so most reviews will say it's the best for sure.

Looking forward to impressions!

Jul 25, 2016 at 2:16 AM Post #464 of 688
Knowing MSB and their pricing methods, Im quite familiar with the dealer cost for these since a buddy of mine works for a dealer. Case in point, i got my MSB analog at 40% off, brand new in box.

At 37,950 this means it is sold to the dealers at 50% discount (not kidding). So its 18,975. MSB is not exactly a volume producer but a luxury goods producer, ie high margins, low volume, realistically their gross/operating profit margin is also around 50%. So 9,500.

The audio jewelry bit probably cost about 30% of the total BOM, CNC is not cheap and they have their own machine. So realistically, the sound you're paying for cost 6,650.

Just skip this ******** and get a KGSSHV Carbon or BHSE or even have someone DIY a T2 for you. Don't waste your money. Headamp's main income is his portables and not the BHSE. Skip the MSB train.

Funny bit, this amp cost almost as much as their 200watt monoblocks. Clearly, abit of the pricing is affected by the knowledge that rich but clueless dunderheads will flock to em.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back