CanJam London 2016 (August 13-14, 2016)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 20, 2016 at 5:21 PM Post #421 of 688
  MSB Technology's Select Headphone Amp and DAC - Exclusive CanJam London Auditions!

Don't miss the opportunity to hear the most expensive headphone system in the world, MSB Technology's Select Headphone Amp and DAC. Timeslots are available on Saturday and Sunday from 10am-3pm and are in 15 minute increments. To register for an audition, you will need to enter your full name, email address, head-fi name, and Eventbrite ticket number at the link below. We will be booking separate timeslots for CanJam London exhibitor staff, volunteers and press attendees! As this is on a first come, first serve basis be sure to get your registration in soon!

http://bit.ly/CJLMSB

Bring also a BHSE or a KGSSHV Carbon to compare with your 40k amplifier.
Knowing MSB I bet it sounds great...but how great it sounds? For that price it should be the best electrostatic headphone amplifier of all time and crush the BHSE or KGSSHV Carbon...so bring them to compare.

Jul 20, 2016 at 8:24 PM Post #422 of 688
All of a sudden the Sennheiser Orpheus 2 systems seems like an absolute bargain.

Jul 20, 2016 at 8:27 PM Post #423 of 688
Chord Mojo / CA Harmony 8.2 / Lime Aether / Questyle QP1R / Noble Katana (what a crazy upgrade from the Savant last year oh my!) / Cavalli Liquid Spark / Trinity Hunter 

popcorn.gif
eek.gif
popcorn.gif
eek.gif
popcorn.gif
eek.gif

popcorn.gif
eek.gif

popcorn.gif
eek.gif

popcorn.gif
eek.gif

Jul 21, 2016 at 4:35 AM Post #426 of 688
I am in the fortunate position of already having a Select II with dual power bases, I am trying to get an auction of the headphone amp but it seems in Australia I am out of luck. 

Does anyone have experience with it already ? The last time I heard Electrostatics they were Stax 009's through a BHSE and I felt that whilst they had incredible resolving power I became quite fatigued fairly quickly as my brain was hopping from listening to one instrument or section of an Orchestra and not the full performance. I also felt that they lacked bass weight. Is this a common comment from Head-Fiers or did I just not give it enough time? 

I currently listen to Woo 234's and either Abyss or LCD-4's. which give me the entirety of the music and plenty of bass extension and weight. It also gives me the flexibility of ruling tubes to fine tune the system further.

Is the Stax 009 the best sounding electrostatic headphone still?

Jul 21, 2016 at 4:49 AM Post #427 of 688
  I am in the fortunate position of already having a Select II with dual power bases, I am trying to get an auction of the headphone amp but it seems in Australia I am out of luck. 

Does anyone have experience with it already ? The last time I heard Electrostatics they were Stax 009's through a BHSE and I felt that whilst they had incredible resolving power I became quite fatigued fairly quickly as my brain was hopping from listening to one instrument or section of an Orchestra and not the full performance. I also felt that they lacked bass weight. Is this a common comment from Head-Fiers or did I just not give it enough time? 

I currently listen to Woo 234's and either Abyss or LCD-4's. which give me the entirety of the music and plenty of bass extension and weight. It also gives me the flexibility of ruling tubes to fine tune the system further.

Is the Stax 009 the best sounding electrostatic headphone still?

Looking at your taste, im sure you will find the select a better amp due to the pricetag.

Put a 009 (bright) witha bright amp (BHSE) and you should obviously expect fatigue.

Jul 21, 2016 at 7:14 AM Post #428 of 688
Hi Isquirrel, I only listened very briefly to the MSB  Select paired with their Electrostatic amp at the Munich HighEnd. In my opinion it didn't sound bright at all and had a good balance of sound.

But first impression can be deceiving. Hope you can try it out yourself. 

Jul 21, 2016 at 7:32 AM Post #429 of 688
  Hi Isquirrel, I only listened very briefly to the MSB  Select paired with their Electrostatic amp at the Munich HighEnd. In my opinion it didn't sound bright at all and had a good balance of sound.

But first impression can be deceiving. Hope you can try it out yourself. 

How would you compare it with the BHSE? 

Cheers,
Louis Armstrong

Jul 21, 2016 at 10:42 AM Post #431 of 688
Hi All

This will be my 1st CanJam and I am very excited to attend. I have watched a few CanJam YouTube vids to get an understanding of what goes on.

I am really into music and have a relatively good hifi system but don't really know that much regarding HeadPhones, etc.

I will be staying at the hotel on the Saturday evening so looking forward to 2 full days attendance.

Oh, I regularly look at this forum and find it very interesting regarding equipment reviews, etc.

Jul 21, 2016 at 1:12 PM Post #432 of 688
  Hi All

This will be my 1st CanJam and I am very excited to attend. I have watched a few CanJam YouTube vids to get an understanding of what goes on.

I am really into music and have a relatively good hifi system but don't really know that much regarding HeadPhones, etc.

I will be staying at the hotel on the Saturday evening so looking forward to 2 full days attendance.

Oh, I regularly look at this forum and find it very interesting regarding equipment reviews, etc.

That's awesome, great first post! Please stop by the Registration Desk and say hi!
beerchug.gif

Jul 21, 2016 at 11:13 PM Post #433 of 688
HYPED!!! Should have at least one old ortho with me too, just like last year!

Jul 22, 2016 at 12:26 PM Post #434 of 688
Will there be an IEM table?

As I may be able to lend some for the 2 days
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 22, 2016 at 4:09 PM Post #435 of 688
Bit late by the looks of it, but - for tee-shirt, I'll go for:

Duncan|L|1

If I can have a 2016 badge as well, will be great :)

Shaping up to definitely eclipse 2015 :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back