CanJam Global 2018 Event Thread (NYC, Singapore, SoCal, London, RMAF, Shanghai)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 9, 2018 at 4:17 PM Post #271 of 1,303
I've never been to a Can Jam....do retailers have headphones for sale on site, or is it just for display and audition?
Its mostly just audition and show, but some booths will sell things and give freebies away. Its a really good chance to make friends with people from companies you like. If people really like you, they may even hook you up with stuff. I have friends from different companies I met at RMAF that hook me up with things that aren't even on the market yet.

Feb 9, 2018 at 4:45 PM Post #272 of 1,303
Also, some of the people working the booths are just head-fi members like myself who are active with one product or another...so you'll be able to put faces to the members lol.

Feb 9, 2018 at 4:51 PM Post #273 of 1,303
Also, some of the people working the booths are just head-fi members like myself who are active with one product or another...so you'll be able to put faces to the members lol.

But they say never meet your heroes :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

or

Nah, I've no interest in meeting the normies :frowning2:

We should have those "Hello, my name is" stickers with our head-fi usernames.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2018 at 5:18 PM Post #277 of 1,303
LOL now that's funny. We all know audiophile dorks are more into the toys than fighting right? lol. Well at least I am...but then again I'm old. lol

Feb 9, 2018 at 5:37 PM Post #279 of 1,303
Feb 10, 2018 at 10:36 AM Post #282 of 1,303
So excited to attend!!
Since I'm from Brazil, I'm worried about customs on my way back.
Should I bring just my HD650 (for testing gear) and leave my Ether Flow at home? I mean, anything that sounds good with HD650 will sound great with Ether, right? :confused:
I'll also have low sensitivity Meze 99 Classics with me.

Feb 11, 2018 at 12:32 PM Post #284 of 1,303

NOTE: If you can't see the embedded video above, please CLICK HERE to see the video.​

Campfire Audio, Meze Audio, Sennheiser, 64 Audio, Audeze, Abyss, final, Ultrasone, MrSpeakers, 1More, Empire Ears, RHA, Dekoni Audio, and STAX will all unveil new headphones at CanJam NYC 2018, February 17-18, 2018. There are also new DACs and amps from FiiO, XI Audio, Schiit Audio, Chord Electronics, bluewave, and iFi Audio, and seminars about audio measurements, headphone design, and DAC design.

CanJam New York 2018 takes place February 17th and 18th, 2018, at the New York Marriott Marquis Hotel.

CanJam NYC 2018 Preview Video - Head-Fi TV - produced by Brian Murphy, Joe Cwik, and Jude Mansilla

Feb 11, 2018 at 12:34 PM Post #285 of 1,303

NOTE: If you can't see the embedded video above, please CLICK HERE to see the video.​

Campfire Audio, Meze Audio, Sennheiser, 64 Audio, Audeze, Abyss, final, Ultrasone, MrSpeakers, 1More, Empire Ears, RHA, Dekoni Audio, and STAX will all unveil new headphones at CanJam NYC 2018, February 17-18, 2018. There are also new DACs and amps from FiiO, XI Audio, Schiit Audio, Chord Electronics, bluewave, and iFi Audio, and seminars about audio measurements, headphone design, and DAC design.

CanJam New York 2018 takes place February 17th and 18th, 2018, at the New York Marriott Marquis Hotel.

CanJam NYC 2018 Preview Video - Head-Fi TV - produced by Brian Murphy, Joe Cwik, and Jude Mansilla

YAY - finally got the highly anticipated preview video to watch later tonight!! :wink:
Thanks in advance, sight unseen (yet) Jude. See you in less than a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back