CanJam Global 2018 Event Thread (NYC, Singapore, SoCal, London, RMAF, Shanghai)
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 22, 2018 at 2:34 PM Post #901 of 1,303
I'm considering going to CanJam London, which would be my first CanJam or headphone meet-up in general. Is there anything I should know as a newbie?
Buy a weekend pass.....you can go back on Sunday to try out all the stuff you missed lol
Also have a second listen to anything your thinking of. It’s a great chance to try out stuff you wouldn’t normally be able to try without purchasing.
I’d say the most important thing is to have a fun day out and as @Paul - iBasso says “enjoy the music” :smile_phones:

May 22, 2018 at 2:55 PM Post #902 of 1,303
Buy a weekend pass.....you can go back on Sunday to try out all the stuff you missed lol
Also have a second listen to anything your thinking of. It’s a great chance to try out stuff you wouldn’t normally be able to try without purchasing.
I’d say the most important thing is to have a fun day out and as @Paul - iBasso says “enjoy the music” :smile_phones:

Thank you for your answer! :) I do plan to buy a weekend pass, so I'll have plenty of time... I hope. I have more questions, though:

- Are there long queues of people waiting in line to listen to the more hyped equipment? How much gear should I expect to get to try?

- Should I bring my own source to listen to, to get a fair comparison of the cans or amps? Is that even allowed?

May 22, 2018 at 3:33 PM Post #903 of 1,303
Thank you for your answer! :) I do plan to buy a weekend pass, so I'll have plenty of time... I hope. I have more questions, though:

- Are there long queues of people waiting in line to listen to the more hyped equipment? How much gear should I expect to get to try?

- Should I bring my own source to listen to, to get a fair comparison of the cans or amps? Is that even allowed?
I got there early last year and there were no long queues until later and even then didn’t have long to wait. If you get there early, you can get to try out all the top items on your list without delay unless it’s even busier than last year.
Definitely bring your own source, I did and some IEMs I use most frequently.
You should be able to try lots and lots and lots :ksc75smile:

May 22, 2018 at 4:15 PM Post #904 of 1,303
I got there early last year and there were no long queues until later and even then didn’t have long to wait. If you get there early, you can get to try out all the top items on your list without delay unless it’s even busier than last year.
Definitely bring your own source, I did and some IEMs I use most frequently.
You should be able to try lots and lots and lots :ksc75smile:

That all sounds great! Thank you :) One last question, out of pure curiosity: What was the source, you brought along?

May 22, 2018 at 6:27 PM Post #907 of 1,303
Oh, that one is so nice. ...but would it be okay to just bring a phone? I do have a DAP, but most days I just use my phone as a source.
Pretty sure your phone will be fine unless you want to try some power hungry IEMs/headphones. If that’s your go to source, then I guess you’ll be trying out appropriate headphones and maybe some portable amps also.
Why not bring em both, that way if you can find headphones that suit both sources, you’ll have em for whenever you want to use your dap. Nice to have a back up :L3000:

May 30, 2018 at 5:17 PM Post #909 of 1,303
CanJam RMAF 2018 Update!
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/can...al-london-rmaf-shanghai.860196/#post-13720669

RMAF18_Website_051918.png

May 30, 2018 at 6:16 PM Post #910 of 1,303

We're producing a run of CanJam Global 2018 "Tour" T-Shirts in 2 versions: black, and white.

To reserve your shirt, please reply in the thread (do not PM) with your Head-Fi handle, color choice, the size you want, and how many of that size you want, and CanJam event you are attending - all separated by hyphens. If you need to order multiple sizes, please start a new line. For example, this is my "order":

third_eye-Black-L-3-NYC
third_eye-White-S-1-Singapore

We're taking pre-orders for CanJam SoCal, London, and RMAF at this time. Please note that the T-Shirts are US sizing. CanJam Global 2018 T-Shirt pricing is as follows:

SoCal, RMAF - $25
London - £20

All T-Shirt preorders will be both picked up and paid for at the show, although we must have your reservation now in order to guarantee your shirts. The deadline for T-Shirt orders one (1) week prior to the event start date, so for example, the deadline for CanJam NYC 2018 preorders is February 10, 2018. CanJam Global 2018 volunteers do not have to separately order their T-shirts as we will be providing them directly.
Alcophone-Black-M-1-RMAF

May 31, 2018 at 2:52 PM Post #912 of 1,303
Oh YEAH. I dig RMAF and wish more MEMBERS would make it out.

Colorado has great food, beer, people, and all this GEAR. Plus, the vendors have time to talk and it's not too crowded.
  • Late Friday is easy to listen to stuff and chat, mid-Sunday is not too busy...take advantage!
  • Remember to arrive a day early and acclimate to elevation.
  • Try to drink more water than beer- REALLY dry climate. (I am telling myself this.)
Hope to see you out here!!

Jun 1, 2018 at 12:44 AM Post #915 of 1,303
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back