CanJam Global 2018 Event Thread (NYC, Singapore, SoCal, London, RMAF, Shanghai)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 9, 2018 at 4:36 PM Post #871 of 1,303
this is so awesome...

Shure was the first booth I went to at Canjam Socal. I wanted to try their 846 on my dx200 but they did not have a balanced cable, so I tried on my V30. I enjoyed them very much. I entered into the drawing for a pair of 846.

Received an email about 5mins ago from Shure notifying me that I won the drawing.

Apr 9, 2018 at 5:54 PM Post #872 of 1,303
Cleared for flight and roller coasters buddy, thank goodness. Hopefully I can make it this year. We shall see!

Today is my first day back to work, woo hoo!
So happy you're on the mend man!

Apr 9, 2018 at 6:57 PM Post #873 of 1,303
this is so awesome...

Shure was the first booth I went to at Canjam Socal. I wanted to try their 846 on my dx200 but they did not have a balanced cable, so I tried on my V30. I enjoyed them very much. I entered into the drawing for a pair of 846.

Received an email about 5mins ago from Shure notifying me that I won the drawing.
Congrats

Apr 9, 2018 at 8:52 PM Post #874 of 1,303
Had a great time at CanJam Socal and broke into sweat from all the gear. Even though I lurk, I saw some familiar faces. Ran around in circles deciding between the Tia Trio, UE18+, Focal Clear, and Andromeda. Ended up leaving with the UE18+ and Focal Clear Pro last minute. The biggest surprised was Toto - Africa on the Orpheus.

Apr 9, 2018 at 11:17 PM Post #876 of 1,303
Am I crazy that I prefer the UE Reference to the 18+? Seems like I’m the only one that wasn’t completely with the 18+. By NO means was it bad, just wasn’t blown away whereas the Reference sounded incredible to me. I know each their own, just wondering if anyone else felt the same and preferred the reference.

Apr 9, 2018 at 11:18 PM Post #877 of 1,303
Am I crazy that I prefer the UE Reference to the 18+? Seems like I’m the only one that wasn’t completely with the 18+. By NO means was it bad, just wasn’t blown away whereas the Reference sounded incredible to me. I know each their own, just wondering if anyone else felt the same and preferred the reference.
I regret not trying the reference. 40% off too!

Apr 9, 2018 at 11:19 PM Post #878 of 1,303
It was really hard for me to pick between the two but I went with the UE18+ for the extra extension.

Apr 9, 2018 at 11:20 PM Post #879 of 1,303
The UERM or the newer UERRM? I have the first, I prefer it to the 18. The 18 is very nice, and would be a nice companion to the UERM. But I wouldn't sell my UERM if I bought an 18.

Apr 10, 2018 at 1:48 AM Post #881 of 1,303

I purchased UERRM, myself. The 18+ had some advantages in depth and extension, but I felt it was compromised in a way the UERRM was not. The UERRM just has a natural, excellent voice, and I felt that the cost of the 18+, even on major discount, wasn’t really worth it.

Apr 10, 2018 at 10:53 PM Post #885 of 1,303
Thanks to everybody for stopping by our Shanling / The Source AV table! I always enjoy these shows, because each of them shows how different audiophiles are around the world. SoCal was little bit more relaxed than Singapore, on Sunday it was even relaxing almost :)

See you all again at Canjam London!

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back