CanJam Global 2018 Event Thread (NYC, Singapore, SoCal, London, RMAF, Shanghai)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 14, 2017 at 4:56 PM Post #31 of 1,303
If it were me organizing these events, I'd change the international events trying to pair them with another ongoing event, if possible. Then seeing as I just looked Axpona online and notice it appears to be a yearly event in Chicago, that is where CanJam ought to be for the Midwest, while continuing with RMAF every year also. Then have three national sole CanJams in the U.S., one in New York City, one in Los Angeles, and then I'd get one in Orlando, Florida. I think there ought to be at least one somewhere in Canada also, possibly Toronto.

Six per year in North America on a once every other month basis. This would be a great way at really covering the continent with events that at least most people in North America should be able to attend. Having two events in Asia while missing out a good chunk of the U.S. seems like a poor strategy to me. Cut the Singapore event and just keep the Shanghai one. Keep London also, but try to see if there is an event pair up opportunity. That would make for eight events per year. Plenty.

If you've seen our preview video for CanJam Singapore 2017 (link for those who haven't) you'll remember Jude opened by saying, "now, I don't know if you know this but the Singapore Head-Fi community - in terms of cities - is our single biggest community in the world by a margin." There are a ton of Singaporean Head-Fi'ers (Hey guys!) who are constantly active on the forums and I'm told CanJam Singapore has an energy about it that's hard to understand until you see it first-hand. I think it's fairly safe to say that the odds are slim that we'd just "cut the Singapore event."

I'm not privy to all of the details, but I know a considerable amount of thought and research goes into choosing locations for CanJams. Ethan spends a substantial amount of time researching the many Head-Fi markets that are out there and planning events so we can reach as many Head-Fi'ers as possible.

DEN, JFK and LAX are all just a short flight from ORD.

So who's excited for another year of incredible CanJam fun?

Sep 14, 2017 at 5:23 PM Post #32 of 1,303
I'm told CanJam Singapore has an energy about it that's hard to understand until you see it first-hand. I think it's fairly safe to say that the odds are slim that we'd just "cut the Singapore event.

This is very true. CanJam Singapore is a unique experience with a palpable energy that really cannot be described. It's also why many Head-Fier's from other countries in Southeast Asia make the trip to the event, now in it's 3rd year. Of course, we also have many Head-Fier's in North America that travel to the 3 US based events (some even to the international ones) and with all the fun activities surrounding the entire CanJam weekend experience, there are many reasons to plan ahead and make the trip to one of them.

:L3000::L3000:

Sep 14, 2017 at 7:15 PM Post #33 of 1,303
This is very true. CanJam Singapore is a unique experience with a palpable energy that really cannot be described. It's also why many Head-Fier's from other countries in Southeast Asia make the trip to the event, now in it's 3rd year. Of course, we also have many Head-Fier's in North America that travel to the 3 US based events (some even to the international ones) and with all the fun activities surrounding the entire CanJam weekend experience, there are many reasons to plan ahead and make the trip to one of them.

:L3000::L3000:

Maybe it's the area's of the website I'm drawn to but Singapore isn't a location I see on here often. Mostly U.S. and Canada by a very wide margin. Other than Chicago Axpona there isn't much going on out here. For me Chicago Axpona was great for speakers but not so much for headphones.

Sep 14, 2017 at 7:54 PM Post #34 of 1,303
Maybe it's the area's of the website I'm drawn to but Singapore isn't a location I see on here often. Mostly U.S. and Canada by a very wide margin. Other than Chicago Axpona there isn't much going on out here. For me Chicago Axpona was great for speakers but not so much for headphones.

You're likely discounting the thousands of lurkers. They never type anything, but they're always there..... watching you, reading your comments!

Sep 15, 2017 at 3:39 AM Post #35 of 1,303
Weekend ticket for London purchased - so i'll be roaming around on both days again :)

Who knows what will be on the shopping list by then!

Sep 15, 2017 at 12:02 PM Post #37 of 1,303

In 2017, CanJam Global hosted thousands of enthusiasts, music-lovers, and mobile technology consumers at our headphone audio shows in North America, Asia, and Europe. And today, we’re very pleased to announce our 2018 schedule which sees the return to all of our 2017 event venues along with the exciting addition of a new and exclusive event, the Shanghai Headphone Festival!

This thread will be the consolidated event thread for all CanJam Global 2018 events. Please check in to thread if you are planning to attend! As we continue to see an increasing number of traveling, as well as first time attendees at CanJam Global events, we would encourage everyone to subscribe and participate in the thread. We’ll be posting individual show details in the reserved posts, and will also provide periodic updates to the thread throughout the 2018 schedule.

Be sure to subscribe, save the dates, make your travel plans, and get ready to #ListenLikeNeverBefore

CanJam Global 2018 Event Schedule
(click the Show Name for more details)

CanJam NYC - February 17-18, 2018

After an incredibly successful inaugural CanJam NYC last February, CanJam Global is returning to the Big Apple at the fabulous New York Marriott Marquis in iconic Times Square. Visitors will be able to take in all of the fantastic energy in the city that never sleeps. Get your Early Bird show passes by clicking here.

CanJam Singapore - March 24-25, 2018

CanJam Global returns to Singapore for its 3rd edition of CanJam Singapore, Southeast Asia's premier headphone audio show. CanJam Singapore 2018 will once again take place at the Pan Pacific Singapore in Marina Square. Get your Early Bird show passes by clicking here.

CanJam SoCal - April 7-8, 2018

CanJam SoCal gears up for its 4th edition and returns to Los Angeles into the middle of the action of downtown LA, at the JW Marriott Los Angeles, L.A. LIVE. Right in the center of the L.A. LIVE sports and entertainment complex, CanJam SoCal 2018 will afford visitors the unique opportunity to experience LA at its finest. Get your Early Bird show passes by clicking here.

CanJam London - July 14-15, 2018

CanJam London 2018 will return to the Park Plaza Westminster Bridge Hotel in the heart of Central London for its 4th edition. Moments away from Big Ben, the London Eye, and the London Aquarium, CanJam London visitors are within walking distance of the city’s most notable attractions. Get your Early Bird show passes by clicking here.

CanJam RMAF - October 5-7, 2018

CanJam RMAF is a show within a show, and CanJam Global is proud to showcase headphone audio innovations within the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest, North America's premier high end audio show.

Shanghai Headphone Festival - November 3-4, 2018

CanJam Global is excited to announce its first event in China, the Shanghai Headphone Festival! This exclusive event will take place at the Shanghai Marriott Hotel City Centre located in the heart of downtown Shanghai, within minutes from Nanjing Road, The Bund, and other major tourist attractions.

CanJam Global 2018 Early Bird Show Passes
- Be sure to take advantage of discounted show passes for CanJam NYC, Singapore, SoCal, and London. Available now and until October 31, 2017!

CanJam Volunteers

There will be volunteer staff positions at all CanJam Global 2018 events to assist at the Registration Desk during the shows. You will need to be able to commit to a 4 hour shift on either the Saturday or Sunday of the event. Volunteers will receive free weekend passes along with an event T-Shirt. If you are interested, please send me a PM or email to ethan@canjam.org specifying which show you are interested in volunteering for along with your full name.

Stay Connected with CanJam Global

Help us spread the word and stay connected with CanJam Global!

canjamglobal.com
facebook.com/canjamglobal
twitter.com/canjamglobal
#ListenLikeNeverBefore
#CanJamGlobal2018

Woot! Moar CanJam!

Sep 15, 2017 at 12:11 PM Post #39 of 1,303
Singapore here we come again!

Six per year in North America on a once every other month basis. This would be a great way at really covering the continent with events that at least most people in North America should be able to attend. Having two events in Asia while missing out a good chunk of the U.S. seems like a poor strategy to me. Cut the Singapore event and just keep the Shanghai one. Keep London also, but try to see if there is an event pair up opportunity. That would make for eight events per year. Plenty.

It's hard to put in perspective but Sinagpore is SEA hub. The place is perfect as it in center of South East Asia.
I've been to CanJam SG twice and CanJam London once, CanJam Singapore is easily twice as busy as the one in London.

Sep 15, 2017 at 12:43 PM Post #41 of 1,303
I'm wondering if I should volunteer for 2018. I couldn't do it this year because I had 2 goals: try to get as much listen on the Sonoma M1 and make sure I got listen on the Orpheus. The year before was too far away for me and didn't want to get a hotel in the area. next year, close to home again, free tshirt sounds cool. ....... hummm

Sep 15, 2017 at 12:55 PM Post #42 of 1,303
Singapore here we come again!

It's hard to put in perspective but Sinagpore is SEA hub. The place is perfect as it in center of South East Asia.
I've been to CanJam SG twice and CanJam London once, CanJam Singapore is easily twice as busy as the one in London.

mm...Yup, I agree. Geographically, SG easily covers Indonesia, Malaysia and Thailand. My country, the Philippines is farther, but we are a small market (we do have the Manila November HIFI show). So, SG makes sense.

Shanghai is a good choice I guess to cover the Chinese market but I would have preferred HK instead.

U.S. and Canada are well-covered: SOCAL, NYC and RMAF plus the smaller events. If anything, Europe is underrepresented. And of course, there's the antipodal black hole known as Australia and New Zealand. lol!

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2017 at 1:33 AM Post #43 of 1,303
CanJam Singapore, hopefully I can attend again. Last one is a blast!

Sep 16, 2017 at 3:09 AM Post #44 of 1,303
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back