CanJam Global 2018 Event Thread (NYC, Singapore, SoCal, London, RMAF, Shanghai)

?

Do you like bacon?

1. Yes

13 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
First

Back
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
Next

Last
  1. bigbluefan10
    Just signed up, see you guys there!

2. third_eye Moderator
    Getting close now, see you there!!
    :)

3. third_eye Moderator
    Trafomatic Audio and Vermeer Audio added to CanJam NYC 2018 exhibitor list!

4. kubig123
    Just signed up, very exited to listen to this legend!!!

5. rrolles
    Just joined, bit by the audiophile bug =)
    Will be attending CanJam NYC 2018, both days!

6. rrolles
    rrolles-Black-XL-1-NYC

7. third_eye Moderator
    Colorfly and Simgot added to CanJam SoCal 2018 exhibitor list!

Ray3rd and glassmonkey like this.
  8. MezeTeam
    Hey there everybody!

We're waiting anxiously to see you in the Big Apple in February.

Join us in the Uris Room to audition our Empyrean prototype!

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
    Meze Audio Design. Comfort. Sound. True audio. Stay updated on Meze Audio at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/mezeaudio https://twitter.com/mezeaudio https://www.instagram.com/mezeaudio/ https://www.mezeaudio.com/ marketing@mezeaudio.com
  9. third_eye Moderator
    NYC attendees! We've got a star-studded lineup of Seminars for CanJam NYC 2018. These are a series of interactive discussion panels with some of the industry's leading experts in audio technology. The Seminars will be held in the Palace and Winter Garden rooms directly adjacent to the Broadway Ballroom, the main exhibit area for CanJam NYC 2018. There is no need to pre-register but space is limited so plan accordingly. Here is the schedule:

Saturday, February 17

1pm-2pm Beyond Off-The-Shelf DAC Chips - Timing And Filters

A discussion with Rob Watts (Chord Electronics) about the theory of interpolation filters - the key part of a DAC that reconstructs the original non-sampled analogue waveform - and how these filters can severely affect sound quality. The presentation also talks about the importance of timing from a perceptual point of view, and how one can create the audibly perfect filter. Watts also discusses the current state of the art in filter design and introduces the M-Scaler.

2:30-3:30 Audio Measurements with Audio Engineers
    We sit down with engineers for whom audio measurements represent a part of day-to-day life. With audio enthusiasts increasingly interested in measurements, we will explore with these audio engineers the role of measurements in their work, as well as their feelings and findings about what audio measurements can and can not tell us. This panel includes Axel Grell (Sennheiser), Rob Watts (Chord Electronics), Paul Barton (PSB), and Dan Foley (Audio Precision and ALMA International). Moderated by Jude Mansilla (Head-Fi.org).

4pm-5pm Behind the Science and Art of Voicing Headphones
    Paul Barton, Founder and Chief Designer of PSB Speakers, presents a keynote on how understanding the frequency response of headphones – in relation to how speakers behave in listening rooms – is critical to his industry-leading acoustic research and the development of RoomFeel technology. This session will cover Paul’s in-depth research and findings on target headphone curves and the innovation of RoomFeel technology. Work, for example, from Harman's Lead Acoustic Researcher Sean Olive will be compared. Included in this session will be the explanation and results of informal blind listening tests done at the NRC (National Research Council, Canada) with a group of headphone industry centric editors/reviewers.

Sunday, February 18

12:30-1:30pm Chord Electronics Hugo 2 / Qutest DAC, Followed By The M-Scaler in Blu 2
    The presentation by Rob Watts (Chord Electronics) covers the design and technology within Chord's latest DACs, the Hugo 2 portable DAC/amp and Qutest DAC. Measurements of the technical performance are also shown. Watts also covers the M-Scaler within Chord Electronics’ Blu Mk. 2, discussing why a million-tap WTA interpolation filter is important, and the history behind the development.

2pm-3pm Developing And Voicing The Sennheiser HD 820, A New Closed-Back Flagship Headphone
    Closed-back, reference-class flagship headphones are not easy to come by. When Sennheiser decided to develop one, they innovated new technologies, including concave glass reflectors, acoustic absorbers, and more, with the goal of crafting the most transparent-sounding closed headphones in the world. Axel Grell (the man behind so many legendary Sennheiser headphones) discusses the development and acoustics of the new Sennheiser HD 820.

NYC300x300.png

MTMECraig, Sennheiser, vrln and 3 others like this.
  10. kubig123
    :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I'm not going to miss Rob Watts presentation!!!

Deftone likes this.
  11. ArthurPower
    ArthurPower-Black-XS-1-NYC
    ArthurPower-Black-M-1-NYC
    ArthurPower-Black-L-2-NYC

12. glassmonkey
    Any chance some of these will go to the YouTube channel? These sound too good to miss! Unfortunately, I can't cross the Atlantic for CanJam NYC.

cash1489, Deftone and jinxy245 like this.
  13. Malcolm Riverside
    There’s obviously been some kind of mistake, because the awesome-sounding Audio Measurements panel has been scheduled at the same time as I’m supposed to be auditioning the HE1’s!

14. Vansen
    I will be there at the NYC CanJam on Saturday. I’ll have a few items with me that will not be exhibited at the show, if anyone wants to hear them...

Sony WM1A (I’m sure Sony will have one)
    InEar Prophile 8
    Massdrop Plus IEM (Pre-production)
    Massdrop x NuForce EDC3 IEM (Pre-production)

Last edited: Jan 27, 2018
  15. Mython Contributor

Am I the only person that finds this approach to demos obnoxiously conceited, on Sennheiser's part?

Last edited: Jan 28, 2018
    Dellwolf likes this.
First

Back
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
Next

Last