Canare Star Quad OD?
Mar 12, 2006 at 8:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

yellafella321

500+ Head-Fier
I did try to search.

Whats the OD for the "standard" 21 awg star quad cable(with cover, sleeving, all four wires)
OD of 2 wires?

Whats the OD for the "mini" 23 awg star quad cable?
OD of 2 wires?

Thanks

Mar 12, 2006 at 2:31 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by yellafella321
So, that had the OD's for the full cable, what about two strands?

I think you're going to have to figure that out for yourself. There's no way to tell really as we have no idea if you're talking about a pair twisted together or in some other con figuration. It'd also help if we had an idea of why you need to know. In my opinion it'd probably be somewhat reasonable to assume that two strands would be approx. half the diameter of the full cable.

Nate

Mar 12, 2006 at 5:46 PM Post #5 of 6
well, two strands side by side or twisted would have the same width, cause at the widest point its still double the widtch of a single strand, and they won't necessarily be half the width of the entire cable, because they have lost the rubber sleeving coating which is pretty thick. THe reason i want to know is for help with purchasing techflex/heatshrink sizes.

Mar 12, 2006 at 6:40 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by yellafella321
THe reason i want to know is for help with purchasing techflex/heatshrink sizes.

In the case I think you've answered your own question. The smallest size Techflex that I'm aware of is 1/8" which is half the diameter of the SQ so you should know for certain that two strands will fit inside and probably won't expand the flex at all. As far as shrink goes just get an assortment, you'll find all sorts of fun uses for it anyway.

HTH,

Nate

Users who are viewing this thread

Back