Canare Star Quad Interconnect
Jun 27, 2001 at 9:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Wayne77

New Head-Fier
Just received a great little interconnect recommended to me by Videoshielded when I bought an amp from him. Its the Canare Star Quad by MarkerTek. For $18 they custom built a 1' mini to mini interconnect using Canare Star Quad cable.

It is MUCH better than the RadioShack interconnect I had before. The construction is excellent. The cable is quite flexible for how thick it is. The only thing I don't like is the fact that I couldn't get right angle plugs. So now it looks kind of funny with this thick, high-end looking one foot extemsion between my CMOY amp and my cdp, jutting out at a very wierd angle. Then again, I am an ETY user so I am used to things jutting out at wierd angles, but I digress..

Sound: Upon replacing the Radioshack interconnect with this the first thing I noticed was a (very) slight increase in volume. Before I say anything else I need to clarify that, after all this is just a one foot interconnect, so I never expected it to work miracles. So when I say it did better in this or that category, I don't mean it was some huge night and day improvement (I doubt any cable will give a "night and day" improvement, but the differences are there..ooops, I guess this is a topic for another discussion..) Ok where was I?, yes, the sound of the cable...Anyway, there is definitley a better presense about the midrange, along with a slight increase in bass weight and treble clarity.

The best thing about this interconnect is that for a reasonably low price, one can get high-end performance. I did compare this to my friends PBJ, which I borrowed, and I really like this every bit as much.
rolleyes.gif

Jun 28, 2001 at 6:39 PM Post #3 of 8
neil and jack huh? do you always name your equipment?
wink.gif

neil and jack, meet little suzi, the cd player, she is also very nice. hehehe

Jun 28, 2001 at 6:53 PM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally posted by Wayne77
neil and jack huh? do you always name your equipment?
wink.gif

neil and jack, meet little suzi, the cd player, she is also very nice. hehehe

LOL! neil is my blood brother. jack is my non-blood brother. Both work with me at the same office, and both are members here at Head-Fi. And JMT made us all CHA-type amps, and so we all needed mini-to-mini interconnects.

But how did you know that Suzi is the name of my CD player?

tongue.gif

Jul 1, 2001 at 2:06 AM Post #5 of 8
Actually, wasn't that a King Crimson reference?

Jul 1, 2001 at 3:36 AM Post #7 of 8
King Crimson, _Beat_, track 1: "Neal and Jack and Me"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back