Canals for the office - recommendations please
Sep 3, 2009 at 10:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

OldHooky

100+ Head-Fier
I've been using some MDR-EX082 with my D2 for a while now and am looking for an alternative. I don't find them particularly exciting or musical.

I'm after some canals rather IEMs so that I'm not completely cut off from the office, which my super-fis achieve very well! Proper phones are not an option; must be discreet.

Given that this then won't be the audiophile environment, what would you suggest sub £50/$75?

I am tempted by some half price Bose IEs - remember the use and price before saying no to Bose (
atsmile.gif
).
I should mention that earbuds have never fitted properly so the sound is massively compromised.

Cheers

Sep 3, 2009 at 10:52 AM Post #2 of 4
Actually, I think that the Bose ie would be great for that purpose. It lets sound in and does not sound bad at all. Just expensive for the quality. At half price not a bad choice.

Also, you may want to consider regular iems but with the soft, hollow silicone tips. They don't block sound all the way and may work in your setting.

Finally, the clip-ons by Head Direct sound good and are open in design. I know that they are not in ear, but maybe worth some thought.

Sep 3, 2009 at 1:50 PM Post #4 of 4
JVC FX300, Apple IEMs, Sennheiser CX55 and Mylerone......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back