Canalphones for a friend... and Bass Comparison of ER-6i and E4C
Jul 14, 2005 at 11:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

RockoAPZL1

Head-Fier
I got another friend who is fascinated with music and doesn't want to hear anything else. She also doesn't want to spend a lot, and she also listens to Jazz and Classic rock. She Doesn't want to spend more than $200.

And my question...
I need comparison on the ER-6i's Bass compared to the E4C.

Jul 15, 2005 at 12:39 AM Post #2 of 6
Wow... I guess Some people really...really... hold their opinions to themselves. Also I forgot to take in the fact that all our of ears are different...
Sorry...

PS. I'm not being sarcastic...

Jul 15, 2005 at 12:45 AM Post #3 of 6
I have both and the E4C's have better, cleaner bass. If you compare them to the ER4p's, that's a different story.

Jul 15, 2005 at 12:46 AM Post #4 of 6
What about the ER-4Ps and the E4C?

Jul 15, 2005 at 2:32 AM Post #6 of 6
Both headphones are actually pretty comparable in bass, with the E4 edging it out slightly depending on the source, but with the proper seal, the ER6i wouldn't be considered weak in the grand scheme of things, but overall, the E4 is a well balanced earbud. After coming from the E3C, I found the ER6i to have a pretty satisfying bass, more linear and extended.

The ER6i is brighter sounding with treble details being a bit more forward which gives it a slightly airier sound. Considering the ER6i is half the price, it makes a compelling argument whether the E4C is worth $100 more than the typically $90-100 ER6i. If budget is an issue, then it's worth it to try the ER6i and only risk $100 rather than almost $200.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back