Canalphones Aren't Right for Me, Cheap Earbud Recommendations?
Oct 30, 2008 at 3:15 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

ExtendeD

100+ Head-Fier
Hello everyone. After trying several pairs of cheap canalphones (marshmallows, cx300's) I just don't think they're right for me. I don't think I'm wearing them right. As when I first put them in, they don't sound full at all. When I push them in all the way, it feels a little weird, and my canals hurt after I take them out. I don't think I'm going to continue investing money in IEM's, especially higher end ones. I recently purchased some nice full-size headphones, so I'd just like some cheap earbuds to use as portables. They will likely be used at the library. I don't really need anything spectacular, just something comfortable to use for 2 or 3 hours a day. If they are durable that would be great.

I listen to a lot of rock, but again, sound quality doesn't need to be amazing. Just good performance for the price. When I say cheap, I mean sub $50. I was looking at the Yuin PK3's. How are they? Is there anything else cheap that performs decently?

Thanks.

Oct 30, 2008 at 10:29 AM Post #6 of 6
2-3 hours a day is a lot. Anytime you're using anything for that long, why not invest a little bit more just for better quality and fit?

Think about how much you'd be using these compared to some of the other things you use.

I felt the same way with IEMs when I first got into them. The fit would never be right, my canals would hurt, I'd get headaches, etc.

I didn't quit though. I know there is something out there that is ultra comfortable.

Now I'm using the Westone UM2 (and testing the Shure SE530).

I honestly suggest you at least TRY the Westone UM1 (109.99 from earphonesolutions.com). Free shipping.

These are the most comfortable earphones. They do not hurt my ear canals and they are ultra light and great quality...especially the cords.

If you want better SQ you can obviously upgrade, but I personally suggest you give the Westone's a try... you won't regret it...the fit is amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back