Canalhpone help - Atrio M5 v Shure215
May 16, 2012 at 12:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Astroboy23

New Head-Fier
hi, i need help for canalphone.
btw is it the same with IEM?

so my first one after using iphone headphone, i was using klipsch s4i, it was really good experience with enough bass and good sound quality.
but its not enough for me, so i'm upgrading to Brainwvz M3 last week. but after a week i returned it since the quality is really2 bad, no bass at all.

i'm listening to asian songs and r&b pop western.

so now i'm looking at either atrio m5 and shure 215,
i need something with enough bass and good sound quality.
but i dont want bass that can make your ear hurts, and also isolation is very important.

so which one do you guys think is better? or u guys have any other suggestion? (has to be under $200)

thanks

May 17, 2012 at 2:09 AM Post #4 of 10
if bass is your thing , then it should work. there's a 50% off coupon at atrio site, too. but they dont ship to my location, reason why i couldnt get them

if you want something more balanced, but with very good bass, then you'll have some other options

May 17, 2012 at 2:43 AM Post #7 of 10
Between the Atrio MG7, FXT90 and EPH-100 (I have all 3) I think the MG7 and EPH-100 are your best bet imo.  

The EPH-100 is very balanced with better than average bass in quantity and quality with an average soundstage but with a really nice 3D presentation and good imaging.

Now the MG7 is the bass king imo with sub-bass that not even a lot of full size headphones can touch and it also has good punch with excellent texture and decay.  The mids and highs a very nice as well with good detail and a monitor style sound signature.  The soundstage isn't huge more average and its very cohesive imo with a bit more depth than width.  I like the MG7 a little bit more than the EPH-100 but both a very good.

I really don't like the FXT90 its just not a sound signature I'm into and I'm going to end up selling them.

I hope this helps you out and good luck on your search.

May 17, 2012 at 7:58 AM Post #8 of 10
Snce i havent expirienced it myself, i guess both earphone will be good for me. Yamaha i can get it for $99 and atrio for $199,
I guess since its very similar. The tradeoff is too big for another $99?

And to conclude, with the kind of song i listen to, its better to get which one? Cause in practice, i havent really understand soundstage quality.

May 17, 2012 at 10:35 AM Post #10 of 10
after further consideration, im going with yamaha eph100, cause im in australia, they cant send it to me.
and the rest for the money i want to use it for over ear headphone, might go with ath m50. i have ath es7, very good but its not comfortable at all

Users who are viewing this thread

Back