Canal phones VS Cans..noob qns
Apr 20, 2004 at 11:48 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Wil

1000+ Head-Fier
Hey all....Im constantly on the move all the time, and currently own Shure E2cs and a PX200.....quite happy with them, (exp my Shures ) and i power them phones with my Muvo2, but i have a qns, for sheer listening pleasure, would i be better off with a Grado RS60 ( on a budget here ), or should i stick to my Shures??? ( Would the Grado sound ok on a Muvo ??? Or would i need an amp? )

Apr 20, 2004 at 12:13 PM Post #2 of 6
What kind of music do you like? This could be the deciding factor for you. If you want unsurpassed portable clarity I'd certainly be amoung the many to recommend etymotic 4P canalphones out of a quality portable like the MuVo2. Even on my ipod I still go wow...

From what I've read, Grado may rock better if that's the type of listening experience you are after.

Take 'em home with a 4P->S adaptor and you have one of the better phones you can get (albiet not "rockin cans").

Have fun,

TonyAAA

Apr 20, 2004 at 12:43 PM Post #3 of 6
Er....I listen to mostly rock, and sometimes very heavy metal, but i enjoy a little bit of jazz everynow and then, and anyway, thanks for the advice!
etysmile.gif

Apr 20, 2004 at 2:49 PM Post #4 of 6
what's your price range?

alessandro ms1's are very involving cans that are easy to power unamped out of an ipod (i've had this setup so i can vouch for it).

are you concerned with portability? isolation?

another great set of cans to consider is the koss ksc35's. great bass great value, really freakin portable.

Apr 20, 2004 at 6:50 PM Post #5 of 6
I haven't heard the E2's, but I have listened to both RS60's and Shure E3's on the same source. The RS60's had a lot more low-end bass, but the treble/mid-range felt a bit recessed by comparison, although that might have been the bass's fault. If you're a bass-head I'd say the grado's would be a nice step up for sure. If not, it might be close. The Grado's are an excellent set of can's for the money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back