Can you remember ?
Apr 27, 2020 at 1:42 AM Post #3 of 10
At my old house, with a AKG K-701, on a Cowon player, playing Lacuna Coil Swamped, oh Id say this was around 2007

Howdy Pal!
Muchas Gracias for Your REPLY and your OWN ACCOUNT of your UNIQUE experience with the WONDERFUL WORLD OF AUDIO !

Personally, I believe that it's a very interesting little Question for All of Us !
But that is just my opinion, Amigo!
Happy Listening ,

Ramiro Guerrero

Apr 27, 2020 at 3:59 AM Post #4 of 10
For me it was a series of events. And it would be sneaky really like you don’t know till it’s looking back in hindsight. It’s obviously what your exposed too, someone older putting headphones on your head and asking what you think. Or hearing a music experience and finding yourself fascinated. If you ask your parents most of the time these things are actually even before a person has memory of their youth experiences, like at 4 years old. Your already an audiophile yet not self aware of the fact. Someone spending 5 hours in the living room playing records on a Fisher-Price turntable, that’s a young audiophile; yet they have no idea.

Apr 27, 2020 at 11:47 AM Post #5 of 10
March 3rd, 2011 man. I went to this concert in Baltimore and heard a song that I had to Shazam. I shazam'd it and it turned out to be Skrillex - All I Ask of You, which happens to be the most non-skrillex sounding song in my opinion. I remember getting home after that night and listening to it, but being like super focused on wanting it to sound better. So I started looking into better headphones, which I became addicted to.

Apr 27, 2020 at 3:24 PM Post #6 of 10
Been listening to music since I was too young to walk. There was never a time I wasn't an audiophile, there were just plenty of times I didn't have enough cash :D

Apr 27, 2020 at 3:45 PM Post #7 of 10
For me it was a series of events. And it would be sneaky really like you don’t know till it’s looking back in hindsight. It’s obviously what your exposed too, someone older putting headphones on your head and asking what you think. Or hearing a music experience and finding yourself fascinated. If you ask your parents most of the time these things are actually even before a person has memory of their youth experiences, like at 4 years old. Your already an audiophile yet not self aware of the fact. Someone spending 5 hours in the living room playing records on a Fisher-Price turntable, that’s a young audiophile; yet they have no idea.

You are ABSOLUTELY correct ! I can definitely remember listening to the RCA playing some LP's when I was extremely young and I could definitely FEEL something Good!

And as the years went by and the different formats arrived, I certainly kept it going !

But I can specifically remember the exact time and place and BAND and year and ALBUM and SONG and the equipment isn't available to my memory exactly but it belonged to a Professional Concert MUSIC Sound ENGINEER and I was definitely told that the equipment was very , very nice and extremely expensive and What the HELL;

I'm a HUGE SUCKER for massive , Specially "BLUE" , but basically any Color of DIALS and METERS and the probably least significant and most expensive parts of the equipment !

THINK :
Krell K.A.S
K.A.S II
McIntosh
Marantz
I even bought an OSCILLOSCOPE just to hook up to my Marantz!

But Unfortunately I bought a pair of K.A.S II's just because of the Meters! But they are Gorgeous ! "Audio JEWELRY!"

However, I bought some DEMOS for 8k and the retail price was $27K so I didn't Feel it ! I still want to get a pair of the K.A.S recapped by KRELL for about 12K ! Build my little system around the AMPS!

THANKS For Tuning in BROTHER!
Happy Listening ,
Ramiro Guerrero

May 25, 2020 at 12:37 AM Post #8 of 10
My appreciation with hi fi was by default and not intentional. When I was little, my dad owned a turntable and I loved the sound but had no idea about anything. My dad was not even an audiophile.

When I got my first tube amp, I think it subconsciously brought back memories of childhood. Something clicked.

May 25, 2020 at 2:48 AM Post #9 of 10
When I got my first tube amp, I think it subconsciously brought back memories of childhood. Something clicked.

Probably just a power-supply relay :D

May 30, 2020 at 8:48 PM Post #10 of 10
Band: "Fleetwood Mac."
Song: "Dreams."
Location: Best Friend's Professional Rock Concert Sound Engineer's bedroom.
Equipment: Engineer's Personal Rig and I was so Turned on to the Music and the New Feelings that unfortunately I didn't notice but I was most certainly ADVISED to NOT TOUCH ANYTHING !
Next obvious and STUPID Idea: Run to "Pacific Stereo" and buy a New Marantz Audio Receiver and a Technics Turntable and whatever Speakers that had a Bonus for the Salesman if he could B.S someone to buy them!

My dates between the "Infection" event and running to the Worst place to purchase my first system probably vary by about 3 years.
And GOD knows that I absolutely , without a single doubt should have Bought the McIntosh Mono Blocks !
Damn Marantz and the Gyro and the Meters and my innocence and the Salesman's Greed!
Happy Listening and Be Well!
RG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back