Can you put over-ear or circumaural earpads on AKG K141/2/0?
Jun 19, 2013 at 2:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

aeroG1

Head-Fier
I have a pair of old AKG K140 and need new earpads, but I would really like to get over ear pads if I can. Does anyone know where I can find such pads or if it's even possible?

Jun 19, 2013 at 11:46 PM Post #2 of 3
What exact model ? Your title says a few.

Over ear as in completely around? You would have to modify them with a larger baffle extension, then new pads that fit, but you wouldn't get the proper sound after messing around and spending $ better put towards what you actually want. Not to mention they would not look that great. If it could even be done properly

These are specifically designed to be small and rest on the ears which is why they have no passive radiators like in the next size up K141 or K240 series. Bets bet is to move up to a K240 that's as much 'around ears" as you are going to get. The K141 rests lightly on top also just like the 140.

If I find anything compatible with the 140 I will let you know. AKG has a ton of models now so there has to be something that will fit somehow, hopefully. I would check fleabay or something for AKG PADS and see whats around in the smaller sizes

Jun 20, 2013 at 9:32 PM Post #3 of 3
Thanks and ill see if I can find something compatible too. I used to have the k280s but they were just too big to carry around, whereas the k140 is perfect. And how do I get a base extension?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back