Can you hook up a sub to a 2 channel amp?
Mar 2, 2006 at 4:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

skyline889

Headphoneus Supremus
Like a lot of people on this forum I am currently using a 2 channel amp, a NAD 3150, so is there any way to hook up a sub to a 2 channel? I have only recently decided to dip my toe in the speaker pool so I would like to add a sub to my system.
Thanks

Mar 2, 2006 at 7:37 AM Post #2 of 6

Dusty Chalk

Head-Fi-holic: With headphones would just be a benny.
Depends on the sub -- a Sunfire TrueSub, for example, has a "speaker" in, and does the necessary conversion, then passes along the signal to its speaker out.

T-4

Mar 2, 2006 at 8:01 AM Post #4 of 6

Dusty Chalk

Head-Fi-holic: With headphones would just be a benny.
Yeah, that should work -- just connect the ...uh, wait a minute, there's only one set...
frown.gif
You could just hook up one channel (bass is usually in both channels equally, but you can't depend on that).

Anyway: hook one channel (say, the left) directly to your speakers, as if no sub; hook the other pair (say, the right) to the ... oh, I think I see your problem. :shrug: I don't know if you hook up to the top pair or the bottom pair, but you only hook one set.

I sure wish you had a manual.

T-2

Mar 2, 2006 at 8:16 AM Post #5 of 6

ooheadsoo

Headphoneus Supremus
The line level in is for receivers with their own bass management. Or you can use 3 splitters, if you know what I mean. Or use the speaker level, it'll work fine.

Note there is no xover adjustment. That sub is for receivers or external xover management only.

Users who are viewing this thread