Can you help me choose headphones?
Oct 5, 2009 at 10:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

ReiKo

New Head-Fier
First of all, I'm a gamer
smily_headphones1.gif
. Well, on my journey to latest WCG I did see some good set of headphones on other players head so I wanted to buy myself one too.

I came up with 2 solutions that suit me the best but I would need some recommendation wich to buy because I'm in sort of dilema about these two Panasonic headphones:

PANASONIC RP-HTX7 Amazon.com: Panasonic RP-HTX7 Retro Style Headphones(Green): Electronics]http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-RP-H...): Electronics

PANASONIC RP-HTX7 - Google Slike]http://images.google.hr/images?hl=hr...- Google Slike

or

Panasonic RP HT 225

Panasonic - Google Slike]http://images.google.hr/images?hl=hr...- Google Slike +RP+HT+225&btnG=Pretra%C5%BEi+slike&aq=f&oq=&start =0[/url]

I really like both of them but I would like to hear out opinion of users before I purchase any of those:

1. Wich of these models is newer and more robus and in overall quality better?

2. Why RP HT225 (wich are really nice in their black color) have two cords on these picures? I need only one cord, or is it one cord that is joined just a bit lower or?

3. Wich of two is by your measure more comfy then other? I really don't have big head but my priority is that they do good job of not leting any of outside sound when I use them.

Three simple questions just so I can make sure I will make good purchase. Also, be free to add any comments about those two or make any similar recommendation if you think it's worth a while o look into.

Thank you.

Oct 5, 2009 at 11:01 PM Post #2 of 14
I can answer number 2. The two cords will converge in a Y-fashion in the middle of the cord length, thus you will still get one headphone input connector.

Hmm, what I see in gaming conventions, people usually use Audio-Technica or Sennheiser headphones (correct me if I'm wrong) due to their soundstage and positioning. I could recommend the HD 555/595 series, but they cost $100-200. If you want cheap cans, HD 201 for about 20 bucks is the way to go.

Oct 5, 2009 at 11:16 PM Post #3 of 14
Cool, can someone answer the rest of questions about these two models? Wich is better quality and what do you think wich is more "comfy"? What about pure specs? And yeah, question about will the Panasonic RP HT 225 have enough big shells to cover my ears?

Thanks.

Oct 6, 2009 at 6:46 AM Post #5 of 14
Any more suggestions? I would really like to be sure that these HT225 cover my ears... or maybe I should just o safe and go with Sennheiser HD 201 or PANASONIC RP-HTX7 ?

Oct 6, 2009 at 9:24 AM Post #6 of 14
Oct 6, 2009 at 10:24 AM Post #8 of 14
If you're located in the US I suggest going to Target, purchasing a pair of HTX7 and trying them yourself. If you don't like them repackage them and bring them back for a refund. When I had them they were fair in terms of comfort. The earpads might make your ears get hot for extended periods of time. I did not like their sound at all, but I didn't use them for gaming. And they don't isolate that well despite the "shell".

Oct 6, 2009 at 4:33 PM Post #10 of 14
Anyone knows are RP HT 225 resizeable by the sides (so I can configure them for my head) and can you please tell me how large are "shells" of headphones? Enough to fully cover most of the ears?

Oct 6, 2009 at 5:10 PM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by chud /img/forum/go_quote.gif
we sure are lucky to be graced with so many pro gamers on this site.

Should you be let your sponsors worry about what headphones you use? =p? I know all of SK Gaming uses Steelseries headphones.

Oct 6, 2009 at 5:55 PM Post #13 of 14
I owned some 4Hs for a few months, they weren't terrible.

Everything is built sturdy except for the connectors, my mic plug disintegrated about a week ago.

They also didn't let enough air in as I would have liked, but 80 bucks for a decent quality headset is a good deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back