1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Can you guys help me help my friend?

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by cap10 crunch, Mar 31, 2010.
  1. cap10 crunch
    My friend loves technology and has a pretty decent setup in his basement for movies. He bought his dad some of the higher quality beats headphones and is convinced they're the best. He listens to a variety of music but his favorite bands are Blink 182 and Angels and Airwaves but also really likes hip hop. He would be playing the headphones from his computer/ipod unless newer headphones will convince him to upgrade his source or buying an amp. Price range would be less than the beats headphones. Any suggestions?

2. NapalmK
    For around $200 you could get a pair of Denon D2000's or Ultrasone HFI-780's (both have a lot of bass). I'd probably go for the D2000's. The sound is beautiful and they have incredible bass.

3. the search never ends
    Or the Grado SR225i, not for everyone, but one of the best at 200 dollars. They are very versatile.

4. baka1969 Contributor
    X2 on the 225i. If someone is new to great headphones Grados are a 'Wow' headphone. Everyone that's heard any of mine for the first time always have that reaction.

5. cck5
    Quote:

Originally Posted by the search never ends /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    Or the Grado SR225i, not for everyone, but one of the best at 200 dollars. They are very versatile.

this is the route i took. =p

6. Tympanum_Plan
    Does he WANT other headphones? Some people actually like bad sound.

7. SanJoseCanJunkie
    What's the bass on an unamped 225i going to be like though?

I don't think rap/hip-hop was a very big consideration (thank God) when Grado engineered my RS1i's, even when amped. I haven't heard the 225i though.

8. cap10 crunch
    yeah I was thinking of telling him to get some Grado headphones but did not consider the D2000. Thanks!