Can you do 40 push ups?
Nov 6, 2008 at 3:22 PM Post #16 of 132
I started a few months back doing about 20 pushups and I'm up to about 50 now.

Nov 6, 2008 at 3:24 PM Post #17 of 132
I can easily do 40 pushups. And I'll do them all in 40 days too. So there.

Nov 6, 2008 at 3:24 PM Post #18 of 132
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spareribs /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I read a report that a relatively healthy male should be able to do 40 push ups.
Can you do it? Can you make the challenge?

How many days do I have?

Nov 6, 2008 at 3:24 PM Post #19 of 132
It depends on the time limit. I could probably do 40 pushups in ten minutes. Does that count? No, I didn't think so. I can chop a mean cord of firewood though.

Nov 6, 2008 at 4:01 PM Post #21 of 132
Nope- gave up at 30.

Nov 6, 2008 at 4:14 PM Post #22 of 132
My Teacher in Elementary School was an Ex-Firefighter and Ex-Paramedic. He used to dole out anywhere from 50-100 push-ups as punishments instead of warnings and/or detentions. Heck, sometimes he'd make us do push-ups just for fun. Made doing push-ups in middle-school and high-school easy. I can still do 50 without a problem. My best used to be about 85-90 before having to stop but I haven't tried to push myself to that limit in a while.

Nov 6, 2008 at 4:28 PM Post #23 of 132
I'm not very athletic, but I can do 40 standard push-ups with ease. Some of the other physical fitness tests listed earlier are not really indicators of physical fitness; triceps and boobs are actually pretty useless except for looking good, although I agree with pullups. How about leg pressing twice your body weight 10 times or running a 6 minute mile (if you're male)?

Nov 6, 2008 at 6:32 PM Post #27 of 132
I can do 20.

I'm 15, I like sport, but only do a few hours a week. I'm not athletic, and slightly over weight (10.5st @ 5ft 11.75") but I mountain bike (cross country/occasional light downhill. I have a left knee prone to dislocation (and weakened muscles due to inactivity for a month or so every time i do it, doesnt build up fast even with the biking.) and i'm asthmatic.

Can do sit-ups though. In fact need to. Always burn the calories i eat (alot) but never cut down food/excersise more to lose the stuff hiding my stomach muscles
frown.gif

Matt

Nov 6, 2008 at 6:32 PM Post #28 of 132
Just gave it a go, I threw in the towel at 23, I could probably have done another, maybe 2, but I wasn't willing to go to the wall just out of curiosity. It's better than I had expected frankly, I'm a few stone overweight and exercise irregularly.

Nov 6, 2008 at 6:38 PM Post #29 of 132
I really need to start working out again. Since I started school this semester, my stress levels been high (tests, homework, constantly dying computers).

As for push-ups, I need to work on my endurance. I've done sets of 30, but can probably eek out more when I get back into some semblance of shape. (Also take into account that I have very boney arms yet a large upper-body)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back