Can someone recommend a digital cable to pair with a FiiO x5 and a FiiO x5II?
Mar 13, 2016 at 1:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

bettyn

100+ Head-Fier
Have no idea what I'm looking for. All I've seen are the very expensive cables Moon Audio sells. Please don't get too technical in your description as I'm into the MUSIC and not a gearhead. Thanks. (I can't tell anything from pictures on You Tube, either.)

Mar 14, 2016 at 12:08 AM Post #2 of 12
Assuming your trying to connect a FiiO X5's or X5 Gen II's coaxial output to the coaxial input on some device?
The X5/X5 Gen II should have come with an adapter for the coaxial connection.
Should look something like this.

Assuming you can use one of these digital coaxial cables to connect to the coaxial adapter to the device.
http://www.monoprice.com/category?c_id=102&cp_id=10236

Mar 14, 2016 at 12:22 AM Post #3 of 12
  Have no idea what I'm looking for. All I've seen are the very expensive cables Moon Audio sells. Please don't get too technical in your description as I'm into the MUSIC and not a gearhead. Thanks. (I can't tell anything from pictures on You Tube, either.)

Just answered a similar question on another thread.

I assume you means a RCA-to-3.5mm? You should know that there are two version of 3.5mm coax configuration on FiiO's DAP and so you must know which version your FiiO DAP has in order to have the correct cable. If you have X3 and X5, then the 3.5mm TS (mono) is signal-ground (iBasso also uses the same configuration). If you have X3II, X5II or X7, then it is 3.5mm TRRS with blank-blank-ground-signal.

Here are the cables that I made for my FiiO. One for old configuration and one for the new configuration.

Aug 24, 2018 at 11:19 PM Post #5 of 12
Wanting to make a coaxial one for the X7ii , what's the wiring for the cable at both ends ? And core of cable ?

Pins-out has already been described on the above post. The cable I used was Nexans RG179 75ohm.

Aug 25, 2018 at 1:59 AM Post #7 of 12
Sorry it was 4.30am and only been up half hour and not had my coffee, so just to clarify tip = signal, R+R blank, Sleeve ground ?

TRRS = blank-blank-ground-signal

Dec 30, 2021 at 2:54 PM Post #9 of 12
@ClieOS do you happen to know by any chance what 3.5mm coaxial configuration is used by ZiShan DSDs?

Dec 30, 2021 at 8:12 PM Post #10 of 12
@ClieOS do you happen to know by any chance what 3.5mm coaxial configuration is used by ZiShan DSDs?

Can't be 100% sure as I don't own a ZiShan to test, but I believe they use the same pin-out as Mojo, which should be T-R-S = signal - blank - ground.

Dec 30, 2021 at 9:10 PM Post #11 of 12
Can't be 100% sure as I don't own a ZiShan to test, but I believe they use the same pin-out as Mojo, which should be T-R-S = signal - blank - ground.
Thanks for replying. Do you happen to know which of the Fiio DAPs have the same pin-out as Mojo? X3/X5 first gen? I'm looking for 3.5mm to RCA coaxial cable for ZiShan and am asking since many sellers refer to various Fiio options for such cables, like:

Screenshot_20211230-210646_AliExpress.jpg

Dec 30, 2021 at 10:05 PM Post #12 of 12
Thanks for replying. Do you happen to know which of the Fiio DAPs have the same pin-out as Mojo? X3/X5 first gen?
Yes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back