Can someone receommend $100 or less headphones for PC and Portable listening
Apr 2, 2014 at 5:29 AM Post #16 of 41
Hi, and thanks for the mega fast answer! Indian guys rock :wink:
Beyerdynamic is based (and even manufacture their products) in Germany, which is our neighbour country. So no issue to find their products here. I tried the DT770 (I want closed headphones) but I have glasses and because of this the big ear cups, otherwise very comfortable, become absolutely unbearable, at least for me. But thanks for the shared experience as I forgot about their DT250 that might be a good fit for me. If you have other ideas, don't hesitate.

LOL 
That's all I got , Beyers are something you can't beat ! 

Apr 8, 2014 at 8:58 AM Post #18 of 41
Not a big fan of Shure's design, but they look quiet good as often recommended. Thx.

Apr 9, 2014 at 3:01 AM Post #20 of 41
Hi. I didn't know this one. Looks quiet cool but unfortunatly it is not distributed over here (czech republic)

Apr 10, 2014 at 8:07 AM Post #25 of 41
The shure srh 440, akg k240, and sony mdrv6 probably won't go with rap or any other bass heavy genre
http://graphs.headphone.com/graphCompare.php?graphType=-2&graphID[]=2611&graphID[]=2811&graphID[]=2191&graphID[]=1513&scale=30

Apr 10, 2014 at 8:15 AM Post #26 of 41
http://www.headphone.com/learning-center/build-a-graph.php?graphID%5B0%5D=2611&graphID%5B1%5D=&graphID%5B2%5D=3661&graphID%5B3%5D=1513&scale=30&graphType=-2&buttonSelection=Update+Graph
The koss prodj100 has slightly elevated bass and forward mids. They are very detailed like the srh440. The only problem is the stock pads. The ath m50 pads are very comfortable and fit the koss. They don't require an amp, but it does improve a bit with one. It would probably sound better on the soundcard but the ipod wouldn't sound bad.

Apr 10, 2014 at 8:24 AM Post #27 of 41
I don't listen to rap or heavy bass genre.

Most listened these days:
1/ Mozart symphonies
2/ Red Hot Chili Peppers
3/ David Bowie (70's albums)
4/ Muse (first albums)
5/ Some Soul/Funk songs

But I like forward Mids, enough bass but solid, and not too bright treble (I don't like piercing high frequencies).

I should receive a pair of JVC HA-S680 soon, but these will not be my last pair so I am always interested in new ideas as long as it fits my "sound" preferences...

P.S. One month in the "business" and already waiting for my 3rd and 4th phones... is there a cure?

Apr 10, 2014 at 8:29 AM Post #28 of 41
I don't listen to rap or heavy bass genre.

Most listened these days:
1/ Mozart symphonies
2/ Red Hot Chili Peppers
3/ David Bowie (70's albums)
4/ Muse (first albums)
5/ Some Soul/Funk songs

But I like forward Mids, enough bass but solid, and not too bright treble (I don't like piercing high frequencies).

I should receive a pair of JVC HA-S680 soon, but these will not be my last pair so I am always interested in new ideas as long as it fits my "sound" preferences...

P.S. One month in the "business" and already waiting for my 3rd and 4th phones... is there a cure?

Well the koss seems perfect because it has a little treble roll off too.

Apr 10, 2014 at 8:42 AM Post #29 of 41
Another vote for the ue 6000 if you are looking for extra bass and noise cancelling

I keep recommending the Don Scorpio Dolphins at $99 shipped.

I feel that they beat the UE6000 in every way excpet isaolation were they're the same.

Apr 10, 2014 at 8:58 AM Post #30 of 41
Well the koss seems perfect because it has a little treble roll off too.

Hi zunehdrocks,

You are speaking about the Koss Pro DJ100, right? I just tried the PortaPro (stole them from a collegue for a few minutes and compared them to my Renkforce CD-340) and I must admit that I quiet like the sound signature.

Do you know how the Pro DJ100 compare to the PortaPro sound wise?

I will read more about the Pro DJ100 anyway. Thx

Users who are viewing this thread

Back