Can someone help explain this?
Nov 2, 2002 at 3:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

BoardC3

500+ Head-Fier
I got a pair of Senn 202s about a month or two ago and i HATE them with just about everything, it sounds like just alot of bass and extremely veiled highs with basically no soundstage. I have a sound blaster live on my comp which i dont really like that much either but i dont hate. When i use the 202s with the sbl i actually enjoy the sound. I cant understand it but it really does sound pretty good with well recorded mp3s and its I can tell alot easier which MP3s were badly ripped than with men H/K speakers that came with the computer(junk). Could the reason im enjoying these be because these 2 have some type of synergy together? or am i just crazy?

Nov 2, 2002 at 3:32 AM Post #2 of 4
it could just be an impedence match. otherwise did you play with the eax settings or media player 9's srs 'wow' effects?

i find that the better the phones the less 'wow' reverb i have to introduce. also the flange guitar setting in eax gives an acceptable sound.

as your phones break in you may find that the settings / revern have to be toned down.

hey, at least you found some cans that are acceptable with gaming / mp3's
wink.gif

Nov 2, 2002 at 3:45 AM Post #3 of 4
nope no messing around with EAX or anything. Ya Im happy i found a use for these (MP3s and games) I was afraid i wasted the money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back