Can people not read anymore?
Mar 27, 2006 at 11:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

Todd R

Headphoneus Supremus
I have some ads at Audiogon that I run every month.
In my ads it states:

***FREE US Shipping****

PayPal address "traudio@mwconnections.com" Or visit the INFO LINK to be taken to my web page where you may place a credit card order.
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV VVVVVVVVVVV

At least twice a week someone E mails me asking:
"How much is shipping to zip code XXXXX"
"I'd like to buy this part, how do I order?"

Is there something unclear about my ad, or are people just to lazy to read it all? (The info link is at the bottom of every Audiogon ad)
TR

Mar 27, 2006 at 1:09 PM Post #2 of 28
Probably it's more out of habit then anything else, but some people are either just sleepy or scanning the details. If they were lazy, most likely they would be too lazy to ask about it too.

Mar 27, 2006 at 1:32 PM Post #5 of 28
I find many do not bother to read, or are simply too lazy and prefer to just ask (as evidenced by some of the questions posted here on Head-Fi which could have been easily answered by a search).

Alternately, it seems alot of people have even become too lazy to think, but merely act without the benefit of forethought.

Lastly, a general lack of common-sense has become pervaisive and is reaching epidemic proportions.

/rant

Mar 27, 2006 at 1:40 PM Post #6 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by NiceCans
Lastly, a general lack of common-sense has become pervaisive and is reaching epidemic proportions.

I wish common-sense were common. Just think how much easier all our lives would be!

(Maybe we should call it un-common sense?)

Mar 27, 2006 at 3:46 PM Post #7 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Todd R
I have some ads at Audiogon that I run every month.
In my ads it states:

***FREE US Shipping****

PayPal address "traudio@mwconnections.com" Or visit the INFO LINK to be taken to my web page where you may place a credit card order.
VVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVVV VVVVVVVVVVV

At least twice a week someone E mails me asking:
"How much is shipping to zip code XXXXX"
"I'd like to buy this part, how do I order?"

Is there something unclear about my ad, or are people just to lazy to read it all? (The info link is at the bottom of every Audiogon ad)
TR

Did you post this in the wrong forum? I thought "For Sale" threads go in the "For Sale" forum.

very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

I don't want to sound like I am supporting stupid people or anything like that, but I don't know how to order something using just a PayPal address. I've never done that, so I am unfamiliar with the process.

Emailing to ask shipping costs is just plain stupid. I have found that people don't listen, so I think I can assume they don't read either.
In fact I know some people don't read all that is in front of them. Occasionally, I have to train new people to do my job. The one I have now is such a refreshment. He actually reads what is on the computer screen before asking what to do. A lot of the others just asked questions after starring at the screen for a while. I would have to point to a place on the screen to show them the answer to their question.
rolleyes.gif

Mar 27, 2006 at 3:56 PM Post #8 of 28
I often miss things on a computer screen unlike when I read it on paper. I have no idea why. Even on these threads, I sometimes miss what the writer is saying, answer and then realise I've answered the wrong thing. Something to do with computer screens I suppose.

Or, as you said earlier.... I must be stupid then.
tongue.gif

Ian

Mar 27, 2006 at 4:05 PM Post #9 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.PD
Did you post this in the wrong forum? I thought "For Sale" threads go in the "For Sale" forum.

very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

I don't want to sound like I am supporting stupid people or anything like that, but I don't know how to order something using just a PayPal address. I've never done that, so I am unfamiliar with the process.

Emailing to ask shipping costs is just plain stupid. I have found that people don't listen, so I think I can assume they don't read either.
In fact I know some people don't read all that is in front of them. Occasionally, I have to train new people to do my job. The one I have now is such a refreshment. He actually reads what is on the computer screen before asking what to do. A lot of the others just asked questions after starring at the screen for a while. I would have to point to a place on the screen to show them the answer to their question.
rolleyes.gif

Nope, this is right forum to complain about people
eek.gif
Head-Fi folks seem to get it straight however
biggrin.gif

BTW, to send someone money with PayPal, just click the "Send Money" tab and fill in the blanks. It's pretty easy.

Mar 27, 2006 at 4:23 PM Post #10 of 28
Quote:

BTW, to send someone money with PayPal, just click the "Send Money" tab

"Send Money" ??
You mean to say it is actually written there in english for all to see?
confused.gif

[/sarcasm off]
evil_smiley.gif

Mar 27, 2006 at 6:15 PM Post #11 of 28
Quote:

Nope, this is right forum to complain about people
eek.gif
Head-Fi folks seem to get it straight however
biggrin.gif

BTW, to send someone money with PayPal, just click the "Send Money" tab and fill in the blanks. It's pretty easy.

Yep, I got that part. How do you specify what the money is for? I guess I just try to make it more complicated than it needs to be.

Mar 27, 2006 at 6:21 PM Post #12 of 28
Quote:

Well, you could just click on the INFOLINK and order via credit card off his website, as Todd had stated after the paypal bit.

Mar 27, 2006 at 6:37 PM Post #13 of 28
Quote:

Yep, I got that part. How do you specify what the money is for? I guess I just try to make it more complicated than it needs to be.

There is a message field that you can leave a note in.
Go ahead and send me some money if you'd like to see how it works. I don't mind helping you get some practice in
very_evil_smiley.gif
icon10.gif

TR

Mar 27, 2006 at 9:15 PM Post #15 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkFloyd
Your ad seems easy to read to me Todd. Just one question.... how much is the shipping to the UK?

Shipping outside of the US is a flat $2.50 for the small items. I have a button on the page for those items that you can click to order.

Anything else I carry, just E mail me and I'll get you a shipping quote once I have a country and weight to work with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back