1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Can no longer Subscribe?

Discussion in 'Feedback & Bug Reports' started by hero kid, Aug 25, 2010.
2 3
Next

Last
  1. Hero Kid
    I'm getting the following error when trying to subscribe to a thread.

head-fi.jpg

2. joe Administrator
    Hero Kid, can you give me the OS and browser version you're using?

I just attempted to subscribe to a thread with Internet Explorer 8.0.7600.16385 and Win7 (64bit), and was able to subscribe fine.  I was able to do so with Mozilla Firefox 3.6.8 on the same machine, and no issues.

3. Hero Kid
    Well it is doing it for me using Windows 7 64bit and Vista 64bit both running Firefox 3.6.8.

4. Mad Max
    How do I turn off auto-subscribing of threads?
    I had found it at the very beginning and turned it off, but it came back on lately and I forgot where the option was.

5. Currawong Contributor
    Mad Max: Click on your user name, then on the "Edit Account Details" tab.

6. Hero Kid
    Also happened to me on a Mac 10.4.11 with Firefox 3.0.19.

7. Mad Max

Quote:

Email preferences, derrr.

Thanks, lol, I'll try not to forget.

8. Hero Kid
    Still happening. This is really annoying!  [​IMG]
    Also happens on my pc with Windows 7 and Internet Explorer version 8.0.7600.16385.

9. joe Administrator
    Hero Kid, you should be okay now.

According to the tech team, your default for new subscriptions was set for "don't subscribe", and then under your subscription options, you had the "Don't ask me" box checked on the "Would you like to be asked to set the frequency on each new subscription?" setting.  That box states that when checked, that the system will use your default method without giving you a dialogue to pick from, and since your default was set to "don't subscribe", it wasn't. 

They are looking into a fix for that so it won't be an issue, but have changed your setting so you can now subscribe.

10. Hero Kid
    Thanks a lot! :) I hope it's fixed soon because I really hate having the dialog box pop up every time asking me what I want to do.

11. Hero Kid
    Test. I'm having problems again.

12. Hero Kid
    Test.

13. Hero Kid
    Test.

14. Hero Kid
    Test.

15. Hero Kid
    Test.

2 3
Next