Can long term underamping/not properly amped cause harm to your headphones?
Jun 30, 2013 at 2:33 AM Post #18 of 34
I am kind of a noob here and reading the comments has really gotten me upset.
I have burned my 650's with the STX using a EQ (Bass Db ,please don't ask) the volume is of course not too high but still it has been 2 months since I have been doing this , there is nothing wrong I can notice coming from the EQ to the default settings.
If you want I can show you the picture in the next reply of my EQ , I am really concerned the bass of the 650's with the STX at default is practically non-existent that made me do the EQ'ing

Jun 30, 2013 at 3:05 AM Post #20 of 34
The best way to EQ is not to boost, but to reduce. So if you want +6db of extra bass emphasis, then you turn down the other frequencies--the mids and the treble by -6db. The end result is that the bass is now +6db louder than the other frequencies.

Jun 30, 2013 at 8:12 AM Post #22 of 34
Quote:
The best way to EQ is not to boost, but to reduce. So if you want +6db of extra bass emphasis, then you turn down the other frequencies--the mids and the treble by -6db. The end result is that the bass is now +6db louder than the other frequencies.

This is done by simply clicking on the "Auto level" button in Foobar's equalizer.
wink.gif

Jun 30, 2013 at 8:28 AM Post #26 of 34
Never in the existence of speakers has to little power damaged speakers. The damage comes from heat that is either caused by clipping or providing to much power.

Also never boost frequencies as it introduces clipping. You  ALWAYS cut frequencies to get the desired sound.

Jun 30, 2013 at 8:34 AM Post #27 of 34
Quote:
Fidelia looks pretty cool. I might buy it after trying the demo.

+1 on the Fidelia I use it on my C2D, but nothing for OSX can compare with the ease of use and features set of Foobar2K, they really need to write a version for OSX.

Jun 30, 2013 at 8:43 AM Post #30 of 34
Quote:
Never in the existence of speakers has too little power damaged speakers. The damage comes from heat that is either caused by clipping or providing to much power.

Also never boost frequencies as it introduces clipping. You  ALWAYS cut frequencies to get the desired sound.

And just what do you think causes clipping?  It's because there's too little power for the selected volume (and load).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back