Can I wash my Sennheiser HD800 earpads?
Jul 19, 2015 at 8:57 AM Post #16 of 22
I've finally found a solution to fitting the new HD 800 replacement Ear Pads.

A lot of people can't get the HD800 Ear Pads to lock onto the HD800 frame, this is because the white plastic membrane is too tight around the new replacement HD800 Ear Pads D frame.

Only do this below if you can’t get the new HD800 replacement Ear Pads to fit onto the HD800.

Simply put two fingers in between the black plastic ear pad D ring and the white plastic membrane of the new HD800 replacement earpads, obviously finger print side pointing up and touching the underside of the white plastic membrane, then place your two thumbs, one each on top of the white plastic membrane pressing down on top of the white plastic membrane and your two fingers underneath, pull and stretch apart the white plastic membrane between each finger and thumb following the D shape all around the black plastic ear pad ring, do this several times around the D pad to loosen up the white plastic membrane, don't be too gentle, the plastic has a lot of stretch in it, only stretch around the ear pad D shape and not towards the center hole of the D frame.

Then simply press the ear pads down onto the HD800 chamber black frame to click and lock down into place.

Best wishes,
Paul.

Mar 31, 2017 at 4:44 AM Post #17 of 22
Old thread, I know but I want to add an idea.

A shop which sells clothes and helmets for motorbikes might have an ozone cleaner. Its used the clean the helmet inside.
So it should be no problem to clean some headphonepads iside it.

I havent tried it myself yet (My HD 700 is just a few months old) but I will try when they are smelly ...

Aug 10, 2020 at 12:52 AM Post #18 of 22
Just chucked mine in the washing machine with some wool wash. Quick cycle 40 degrees C 800rpm. 0 Issues.

Last edited:
Aug 10, 2020 at 1:02 AM Post #19 of 22
Hi all. I just bought a pair of used HD800's and the earpads have a fragrance to them I'd like to eliminate. Can anyone give me advise about how to wash them? I don't know if it's a good idea, but if it is OK, I would guess warm water and dish soap, press the moisture out into a towel, let them air dry fully.

Has anybody washed their HD800 earpads with success?

Thanks, Peter
I just used a damp microfiber cloth on my 650s. Didn't use soap.

Aug 10, 2020 at 2:00 PM Post #20 of 22
You guys are brave if you just threw the HD800 pads in the washer. Got me feeling like:

tenor.gif

Isn't replacing the original like over $150?

But I washed the HD600 in the machine no problem, after I got a $40 spare set.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back