Can I use Vsonic gr07 mkII for gym?
Dec 5, 2013 at 1:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Alpina

Head-Fier
Hello! I am wondering if my GR07 mkII will last me long enough if I use them for gym training.

My Klipsch s3 just broke today (they lasted me 2.5 years for gym and everything) and I only got my best IEMs which are GR07 mkII. I want them to last very long but at the same time I don't have money to buy some crappy headphones, and I would really prefer to listen to gr07 while in the gym due to quality. My ears are not sweating usually, do you think it's good idea to take them to the gym?

I don't think it's bad for cable if it's always touching my sweaty body, right? :)

Edit: or maybe I should just buy like Monoprice 8320 for 12 Euros which is 7.5 sound quality according to Joker's thread. Seems like perfect value.

Edit2: now thinking about GR02 Bass edition, looks like sick value for 30$ with shippment.

Dec 8, 2013 at 9:50 AM Post #4 of 11
I wouldn't.  If you got away with using a pair for so long then I would be tempted to try again. 

There are really good IEMs that are in the $50 range that are less of a hit if something happens to them that I've designated for gym use.  I have a pair of TDK IE800s incoming that are going to be specific for gym use, but it's a direct competitor to the GR07 sound wise. 

Dec 8, 2013 at 10:12 AM Post #5 of 11
  I wouldn't.  If you got away with using a pair for so long then I would be tempted to try again. 

There are really good IEMs that are in the $50 range that are less of a hit if something happens to them that I've designated for gym use.  I have a pair of TDK IE800s incoming that are going to be specific for gym use, but it's a direct competitor to the GR07 sound wise. 

Yeah I already ordered GR02 BE for 30$ for gym :) Now question is, can I use GR07 for a week or so before it arrives, won't sweat degrade it in any way for such a short period of time?

Dec 8, 2013 at 11:10 AM Post #6 of 11
TBH I use the GR07 for everything, and considering how study their built you shouldn't have any worries about sweat/dirt, but if you do want to protect them you can always carry on with getting the GR02's, but I warn you that they have a tendency to fall out while moving, so I wouldn't use them for the gym.

Dec 8, 2013 at 11:24 AM Post #7 of 11
  TBH I use the GR07 for everything, and considering how study their built you shouldn't have any worries about sweat/dirt, but if you do want to protect them you can always carry on with getting the GR02's, but I warn you that they have a tendency to fall out while moving, so I wouldn't use them for the gym.

the GR02s or the GR07s tend to fall out while moving?

Dec 8, 2013 at 12:19 PM Post #10 of 11
I used the Brainwavz R1 for the gym for many months.  Recently they've been kicked out of the bag by the RHA MA600.  These are well made, have a 3 year warranty, aren't too microphonic and offer appealing sound with a bit of a bass boost (good for noisy gyms).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back