Can I use a wall wart with a 9v Altoids Cha-47?
Oct 22, 2002 at 5:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Jodiuh

Headphoneus Supremus
Is there a special wall wart that would line up with the 9v connector of this amp?

Jod
wink.gif

Oct 22, 2002 at 6:28 PM Post #2 of 10
Quote:

Is there a special wall wart that would line up with the 9v connector of this amp?

If I'm reading you post correctly, you want to connect a wall wart to your cha47 with a 9v snap? I don't know if there are such wall warts available. I assume your cha47 don't have an external jack for connecting a wall wart. As was the case with my Altoid cha47. I had to connect a 9v snap to my psu. Easy enuff to do, but watch the polarity and double check it with a meter.

Oct 23, 2002 at 2:04 AM Post #5 of 10
Wow, did not know there was such as thing! People think up stuff for everything. Thanks for the tip.
tongue.gif

Oct 23, 2002 at 3:28 AM Post #6 of 10
This forum is creeping me out. The last 3 serious questions I've had about audio were all already formulated by someone else in the top 5 posts, with no mention in the previous hundred.

I was going to ask the EXACT same question, about the EXACT same amp, thanks muchly mlchang.

Oct 23, 2002 at 3:33 AM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally posted by Squalish
This forum is creeping me out.

It can definitely do that. It creeps my girlfriend out..."How can you spend so much time looking at the website with all those headphone creeps?!" Actually, she's quite supportive and wants me to try and make an amp for her...which I'm working on...need new soldering iron. Anyway, glad I could be helpful.

Oct 24, 2002 at 1:15 AM Post #9 of 10
Hehe.... sweet! I'd been seriously thinking about rigging something like that for my (soon to be built) CMoy, now I guess I can just buy one!

Is there some catch to this? Other than the fact that it only provides 9v?

Oct 24, 2002 at 1:55 AM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Is there some catch to this? Other than the fact that it only provides 9v?

With the right psu, IMO, it can elevate the performance of a cmoy/cha47 beyond batteries. The cheapo RS, to me, won't cut it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back